Strange Windscreen Issue Appeared When it Got Hot - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 13th July 2018, 20:23 Thread Starter

Strange Windscreen Issue Appeared When it Got Hot

Hello All

Going to get this one into Honda and fixed under warranty but just though I'd post it just in case anyone has had it before and reported same.

On the inside of the car between windscreen and the dash there is a foam material that appears to act like a cushion. On the passenger side about 10cm of it seems to have expanded and is protruding by about 5 mil into the car.

I don't know for definite but think that this was due to the heat build up in the car as it was parked on a slope with the windscreen facing the sun.

I'm presuming this isn't a safety issue but will get it checked out / fixed by Honda but am surprised its happenned at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th July 2018, 05:30
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Some 8G's had this as well. I remember the posts years ago.

Not sure whether it was heat related but the foam was misaligned when a new screen had been fitted.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th July 2018, 17:04 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Intersting. Cheers for that. It didn't show when we got the vehicle so i presume its not a misalignment as you describe but now I will ask the dealer if it has had windxrenn replaced. They should know as its an ex honda staff car.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th August 2018, 21:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Update for anyone interested.

Went to Brindley Honda West Brom today. Foam is an insulating piece to stop the dash creaking and nothing to do with safety or window fitting.

The fix was for it to be pushed back into place with a plastic spatular. The technician said he hadn't seen it on a Civic but its very very common on the Jazz.

If anyone gets this I'd suggest getting your cake spatular out and doing it yourself.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th August 2018, 21:21
What ya at

There is an issue with the 10th gen, where the foam between the rear screen and spoiler has been pushed out, must be heatwave related aswell. Can be pushed back in to.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th August 2018, 21:21
Ex-Pat Geordie!

Car: 2015 Civic S Navi I-dtec
Eco display
Problem I'm having on the 9G is the cover surrounding the rear view mirror. It appears that the bit it clips onto is glued to the windscreen and when it's been really hot, it seems to have de-laminated and the cover keeps dropping. Now its colder (We get used to Polar Bears and Penguins knocking on the door to get heat in Scotland) the problem does not happen... While still under warranty I'm going to take it back for them to sort as it rattles like a beatch when it comes apart.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th August 2018, 04:23
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
The bit that is fixed to the windscreen is fixed at windscreen manufacture and that rarely fails.

It's usually the cover that is missing clips when Autoglass aren't careful when removing it.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page