Head unit and Co-pilot APK upload - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By chasw

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 24th August 2018, 19:20 Thread Starter

Car: 2016 Civic Tourer auto
Head unit and Co-pilot APK upload

Hi. Has anyone added the Co-pilot app to the non Navi head unit and then had the following problems.

1. Unable to add a destination using the address bar but ok if done directly on the map via pin drop.
2. Having managed to input a destination and started a journey the app keeps dropping out but continues where left off if restarted. Map runs ok if no destination added.

Anyone got a not too technical suggestion to fix. I have had a trawl through XDA developers site but couldn't see this problem unless I missed the page.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 24th August 2018, 19:48
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Hmm, Interesting that you have GPS reception - Proves they still have the capability!

It sounds as though these will be related to the application; What version are you using? The Headunit runs android 4.0.4 So some of the recent versions won't or will struggle to function; Furthermore, what RC Version are you on?
CMDroid have a number of apps that are of the correct vintage to play nicely with the headunit.

It could be worth trying with an alternative app; Sygic has been working for me nicely on RC8, As has Waze in the past.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 24th August 2018, 20:45 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi. Am on 4.0.4. Not sure about the RC number. I picked up the car last November from Vertu. 65 plate reg in16. The app came from CMDroid as did the Permissions. Previously tried Sygic but couldn't get the HU to see the USB root folder. It kept wanting to go to Play store so I gave up and looked for satnav app which loaded maps straight on the HU.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 24th August 2018, 23:00
Supporter

Garage
If you're feeling adventureous, it could be worth an update to RC8 (As in the service bulletin in my thread), followed by a manual rooting of the head unit:- I've found that RC8 Is much smooother than the earlier releases, and this does translate to better operation with 3rd party applications.

Using Sygic, I logged into my account and it downloaded the maps directly to the USB, though I did have the option to install to the Headunit.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 25th August 2018, 11:17 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi. Thanks for the information. Was a bit unsure if getting dealer to update to RC8 would mean losing side loading of apps. Must look at your thread as rooting the HU sounds a bit complicated. Not yet worked out how to root USB port although from reading various posts sounds as if the port is not fully functional anyway. It's bit of a self teaching journey!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th September 2018, 19:26 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Just an update to say gave up with Co-pilot and installed latest version of Sygic premium with lifetime maps for 12. Did take a while reading the XDA developers website to work it out but was worth it and as long as I don't accidentally exit the app it's great.
Haltamer likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th September 2018, 19:44
Supporter

Garage
Nicely done - Always a good feeling to have worked it out!
Just be aware that if you are programming a route before turning the enigne on, the reboot of the unit has a penchant to crash the sygic app / do other bad things, so, as much as I'd like to avoid it, it's best to program routes whilst idling. - If only the power was held up, as with the start stop system!

I do quite like the Sygic map appearence, though it does have some intresting idiosyncrasies when it comes to POI / Destination searching; A benefit of using a proper sygic acount is that you'll have it on any other devices too, with their web app offering quite a nice roadmap for identifying places to visit -https://maps.sygic.com
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th September 2018, 22:21 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for that. Must be why it stopped on the opening screen and then had to reinstall plus download maps again. It took forever! See what you mean about destinations. I put in B&Q Carlisle to try it out and ended up in a different retail park half a mile away. Cheers

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page