1.6 i-dtec smell of diesel... - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 7th September 2018, 20:30 Thread Starter

1.6 i-dtec smell of diesel...

Evening All,

Over the last few days, there has been a distinct smell of diesel through the air vents, when idling in traffic. The smell only appears after the car has warmed up, the smell doesn't appear to be present when the engine is cold. The smell has got progressively worse, to the point you notice it as soon as you step outside the, once the engine has stopped.

I put the car into my local independent garage today and whilst they can see there is definitely a very slight diesel leak, they can't confirm the source. There is evidence of diesel around the EGR valve, but no other obvious signs of leakage from the exhaust manifold, fuel pipes or injectors.

They've given me the car back with the recommendation of taking it to the nearest Honda dealer, who is about 30 miles away, which I'll be sorting out tomorrow.

Although I'm aware of issues with fumes/manifolds on the 2.2 8th Gen diesel, I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue with a 9th Gen Civic? Mine is a 2014 1.6 i-dtec with 57,000 miles on the clock, with a full service history.

I did speak with Honda UK who were non-committal, apart from telling me to get the car inspected by an authorised Honda service agent.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page