Change Alpine premium audio for Honda connect system. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 16th September 2018, 19:09 Thread Starter

Lightbulb Change Alpine premium audio for Honda connect system.

Hi guys. A new member here so apologies if there has been a post on this item.

I have a pre facelift 9th gen civic with the Alpine premium audio sat nav with the sub in the boot and it has the preamp. I have two options to what I want to achieve. And want to go with the easiest if possible.

1st is it possible to change the Alpine unit for the newer Honda connect system ? Is it a straight swap ? And do I lose turn by instructions or any functionality on the imid or steering wheel ? And does it have to be recoded by Honda ? I have seen some of the Honda connect systems on eBay for about 200 pounds

2nd. I’ve looked at some head units from Pioneer for around the 200 pound mark. I would probably get it installed at the car audio shop. Do you lose functions with an after market unit ? Like the imid and steering wheel controls?

Also I just remembered (apologies for so many questions) I have a parking camera. So would I lose this display ?

Many thanks.

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 16th September 2018, 19:38
Living the dream!

Thanked 1,199 Times in 1,018 Posts
The alpine unit is a decent unit and my advice not worth the hassle to change plus newer connect system maybe better in some areas but is worse in others so nothing really to be gained. I also believe all the units are coded to the car so it is not a simple or cheap task to change them.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 16th September 2018, 21:31 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickHondaR View Post
The alpine unit is a decent unit and my advice not worth the hassle to change plus newer connect system maybe better in some areas but is worse in others so nothing really to be gained. I also believe all the units are coded to the car so it is not a simple or cheap task to change them.
Hi Rick many thanks for the speedy reply.

I do like the Alpine system just looking for more functionality with my iPhone. Like apple car play, etc also I don’t know if it’s something I’m doing wrong. But when I play music from my iPhone via Bluetooth all I get in the display is “Bluetooth music playing” or words to that affect. On my 8th gen with the older touchscreen I would get artist name, song etc on Bluetooth. And also when taking a phone call it’s quite crackly. But the sound and most over functions I do like. And the sub in the boot makes a massive difference.

Cheers.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page