Damaged Windscreen Seal - What would cause this? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 27th September 2018, 16:42 Thread Starter

Garage
Damaged Windscreen Seal - What would cause this?

I came back to my car a couple of weeks ago after leaving it parked when at work to find the windscreen seal has separated from the glass below the passenger wiper. See below:

Any idea what would cause this and how to get it fixed?

There was a letter from Scottish Water placed under my passenger wiper but I couldn't read it as it had turned to mush, I contacted them but they've said nothing and if I want to make a claim, I need to prove it was them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 27th September 2018, 19:36
Supporter

Car: 2016 1.8 Sport Orchid White
I don't know how it happened to you , but after a disaster of a windscreen replacement where the fitters b** *red up my windscreen surround I may be able to help.
The scuttle trim below the windscreen consists of several click together parts , and it looks like yours has for some reason unclipped it self. Pressure on the bit that's proud should click it all together hopefully.
If you open the bonnet and have a look you can see the rubber trims at bottom of screen have to come off as well as the wipers , then I think its one plastic rivet and the scuttle assembly eventually unclips, but at this stage you probably don't need to remove the whole scuttle trim as the above tip should work.
Hope this helps.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 27th September 2018, 20:11 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Thanks Bill, I'll have another try tomorrow.

I managed to click the plastic bit next to the holes back in but the rubbery bit didn't go back down.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 27th September 2018, 20:30
Supporter

Car: 2016 1.8 Sport Orchid White
I can't see from your picture, but is there a large gap between rubber and screen?
Auto Windscreen's (Un) Trained Gorilla ripped all my trims off, and damaged the rubber on the scuttle so it didn't contact the screen in places -- they had to replace the scuttle trim (About 150 ) plus the side trims also about 150 each. Unfortunately I think the rubber bit is bonded onto the scuttle trim- it was a year ago so can't remember!, but if you remove the scuttle you may be able to see. I had to partially remove and refit my scuttle trim after the Gorilla got to it,(no he didn't even put it back properly ) ,reasonably straightforward, note where wipers contact screen so you put them back in the same place.
Good luck !
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 27th September 2018, 21:07 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Thanks for the details, yeah there's a gap about a fingers' width between the glass and the rubber

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page