Servicing and cost of - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 15th October 2018, 19:33 Thread Starter

Car: 2016 Civic Tourer auto
Servicing and cost of

Anybody any thoughts on Honda's servicing costs. My Tourer isn't yet 3 years old (reg Jan 16) last had a service in August 17 (2nd service) having had 1st service in January 17. I bought the car in November 17. Has done about 6k miles since the last service.

The 0-3 service costs on Honda website seem to be rather more expensive than the 3 years+ costs but I can't see what extra you get to justify the extra. Is there any reason why you can't just have the Honda 12 and fit your own air and pollen filters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th October 2018, 10:34
Wizard

Car: 2016, 1.6 i-DTEC SR, Silver
Eco display
Hi chasw,

On the 3rd year service, they supposedly replace the brake fluid as well, which would explain the increase in cost. It's the same between Honda 12 and 12+. If you have a diesel, the 3rd service would include an additional charge for the fuel filter as well.
I can't imagine why Honda wouldn't just let you do a Honda 12 instead of the 3rd year service - did you ask the dealer close to you?

I have actually changed the air filter myself as Honda doesn't do it until the 3rd service, which is utterly ridiculous as the state of the filter was awful.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th October 2018, 12:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2016 Civic Tourer auto
Hi. I know what you mean about the air filter. I usually do it about every 12-18 months. It just annoys me to be paying so much extra for a 5 minute job. My previous dealer used to charge 30 for the brake fluid. Going back there not an option as now 200 miles away! Cheers

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th October 2018, 16:32

Car: 2012 2.2 Milano Red
Charged 50.00 by a Honda dealer last year to have the brake fluid changed as a one off. Don't bother with Honda servicing its too expensive.

I must say they were very obliging and activated a new Sat/Nav head unit and provided a new Code without charge.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2018, 09:26
Supporter

Car: 2015 9th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasw View Post
Anybody any thoughts on Honda's servicing costs. My Tourer isn't yet 3 years old (reg Jan 16) last had a service in August 17 (2nd service) having had 1st service in January 17. I bought the car in November 17. Has done about 6k miles since the last service.

The 0-3 service costs on Honda website seem to be rather more expensive than the 3 years+ costs but I can't see what extra you get to justify the extra. Is there any reason why you can't just have the Honda 12 and fit your own air and pollen filters.
how easy is the air filter to change? do you need to remove much to get to it?
ive seen that a few people have lost clips from the 9th gen thats all.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2018, 11:10
Ex-Pat Geordie!

Car: 2015 Civic S Navi I-dtec
Eco display
4 clips and undo the hose it's attached to and it'll come right out. Here's what I took out after Honda had supposedly did it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Filter.jpg (67.3 KB, 33 views)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2018, 12:38
Supporter

When you pay for a Service, you pay for a complete job... not individual items.

If that job was NOT done, you're entitled to a FULL refund, as the service was either not done intentionally (fraud) or badly (incompetence).... and you didn't pay a premium for an incompetent job.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2018, 22:13
Ex-Pat Geordie!

Car: 2015 Civic S Navi I-dtec
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalrystu View Post
When you pay for a Service, you pay for a complete job... not individual items.

If that job was NOT done, you're entitled to a FULL refund, as the service was either not done intentionally (fraud) or badly (incompetence).... and you didn't pay a premium for an incompetent job.
Dealer said they'd gave the car its full 2nd at 27k I'd have assumed that the Air Filter would be changed. Complained to Honda dealer and Honda UK and was fobbed off with "Does not need done till the car reaches 37K". 37K in my mind is waay too long before changing a filter out so sod Honda servicing, I'll do my own more comprehensively to my liking.

I mean, Oil, Air and Cabin filters are real easy to change as is the Oil. Fuel filter is a bit fiddly but hey ho, saves a fortune. As the car is just over three year old, warranty is out. Still use OEM parts though with the only difference being I use the Oil in the link below. Lasts over 4 services and saves a fortune.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXOL-FULL...R/290575216187

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in