• 1 Post By Haltamer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th October 2018, 11:18 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 1.6 I-DTEC EX CIVIC
Eco display Eco display
Send a message via AIM to ozzie owl Send a message via MSN to ozzie owl
fuse box pictures. Can anyone help.

I require a couple of pictures. Have 2013 civic 1.6 i-Dtec ex. I have got myself in a bit of a dilemma. I need a picture of the under bonnet fuse box showing fuse positions and interior driver side fuse box showing fuse positions. Cut a long story short i have had fuses out for an issue i had now i am getting all sorts of error messages. I have the manual and have googled it to death. Someone with the same car or very similar would allow me to check i have the fuses in the correct positions. Before i have to go to honda for an expensive diagnosis.

Can anyone help with some pictures?

Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th October 2018, 12:09
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
There are quite a few here, I've posted my interior one a few times.

First to find them .............
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th October 2018, 12:10
Supporter

Garage
Can't help with the picture but sometimes when you remove power from something it will come up with error message and store it. Have you tried clearing the error via an odb reader App and seeing if it stops off?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th October 2018, 12:44
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th October 2018, 13:49
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
I'd point you back at this:
https://www.civinfo.com/forum/5400376-post2.html

It's not as easy to read as a photo, but it will give you the definitive answers for each - If you run off a copy you could annotate the diagram / numbered slots with the correct amperage / positions for your model; As you'll see reading through, Amperages and fuses in use vary for engines and trim, so you'll have to wait for someone with a 1.6 EX to pop along.
Kremmen likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th October 2018, 16:02 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display Eco display
Thanks haltamer. I already had that but fuses are not same. Neither are they same in handbook that came with car.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th October 2018, 16:04 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display Eco display
Thank you kind sir. is that the 1.8 petrol?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th October 2018, 16:07
Supporter

Car: 2010 Civic Si 2.2
Garage
I tend to look on ebay for car part pictures then you can see exactly what the part looks like, providing there is the part you are wanting to see that is for sale
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th October 2018, 16:38 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display Eco display
I had been messing about swapping headlight and interior bulbs. I blew a fuse fitting a Led in the boot light that was not the correct shape. After a minor mod to the bulb everything sorted. Following the manual i have with the car i pulled what i thought was the correct fuse only to find out it wasn't that one. Like a silly billy or words to that effect i returned fuse to possibly the incorrect position. (Due to the fact i was pulled away from car mid fuse replacement and could not remember exactly where i got it from 50/50 chance as i knew roughly where). Fuse to be replaced was under the bonnet not interior as stated in book. All fuses returned to their alleged correct positions everything working ok? No, windscreen washer would not work. Located fuse, pulled it, tested it, fuse was ok. Replaced it washers work. (Confusion sets in). I had not touched this fuse to my knowledge. Now everything back in order, until later that evening after driving 20 odd miles to a friends. Car parked a couple of hours before leaving. Get in car turn ignition on PGM-FI Check system warning on the i-midi screen. Oh dear. Head spinning thinking it's something i have done with fuses or swapping bulbs, to much of a coincidence? I had read not to drive with this warning on if possible but had to get home. Following morning it's got to be a fuse in the wrong place. Shout for help. Had half a dozen places and things to do. No option but to drive car. Going back to leaving friends house i had 75 miles left in tank according to i-midi. After running around i was down to 47 and passing my local filling station where i filled up. Hey presto warning has gone. I usually half fill tank when down to showing 10 - 50 miles left. Done this for 18 months or so with no bother. I have since been told by a honda technician not to let it get below a 1/4 empty as there is the possibility it will drag air in and he reckons that is what caused the warning. I proceeded to argue the official figure for the fuel tank is 55 litres. If i have run it down so computer is showing only 10 miles left and i only manage to get 46 litres in by brimming it surely there was 9 litres left in tank. Apparently not. Book states 55 litres but will only hold 48 litres. Anyway the moral to this story is if you get PGM-FI warning, check your fuel level. And they all lived happily ever after.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th October 2018, 17:49
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
May be worth pulling the battery for 10 minutes to get everything reset, and see if anything rears it's head.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th October 2018, 18:23 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display Eco display
It's all sorted. It was low fuel by the look of it. According to Kremmen and a picture of the interior fuse box sent from someone who states it is a untouched 1.6 ex diesel 2013. I noticed a couple of the fuses in mine were the wrong rating and the one for the super locking mechanism was missing. All present and correct now with no warnings. The picture i received is identical to the one kremmen uploaded.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page