Previously i had considered getting an 8th Gen Civic, but i may now be in the market for a 9th.
I need to replace my 2011 Alfa Mito with 128,000 miles for something bigger. the Mito is no longer my main car, and no big commute now anyway, so we wont be doing high miles. its simply used when out with the kids, holidays, shopping etc, i have another car for work.
So i'm looking for a Petrol, maybe hatch, or maybe tourer. looking to spend around £7000 ish, could stretch to a bit more if need be. it might be a stretch for the tourer at that price, but i might get lucky.
My questions, if anyone could spare the time?
1) How does the 1.4 compare to the 1.8 in real world? is it still a capable car as a 1.4?
2) One problem with the Mito, is that the windows are quite small, so the kids cant see out very well. The windows too look a bit small in the Civic. What are the experiences with your kids? can they see out ok?
3) Are Hondas as reliable as the reputation suggests? Reputation isnt everything, Alfa get a bad rap, but the Mito has been the most reliable car ive had!
4) Any recommended independents in the Beds, Herts, Cambs areas?
6) can you get a space saver in the boot? (properly fixed in)
As far as features go, nothing is essential but i'd quite like the following, in order of importance:
Front and rear parking sensors
Non tinted rear windows
panoramic sun roof
The Xenons only seem to be available on the EX Plus, which doesnt seem very common, and outside my price bracket. which is a bit frustrating... it would tick all the boxes though.
What say you Civic fans