Windscreen replacement - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bobbyg

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th March 2019, 10:57 Thread Starter

Car: 2015 1.6 SE Plus Milano Red
Windscreen replacement

Got a chip on my 2015 Civic. Too big for repair so replacement required.

Ins Co send me to Autoglass. Anyone had any windscreens on Civic replaced and have any feedback. Are they all the same or are there different colour shadings etc like I had on a previous Altea.

Finally any issues with the radar collision avoidance system after replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Djohn likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th March 2019, 14:41

Car: Civic Tourer 1.6DTEC
Not had a Civic screen replaced but Autoglass did replace my BMW screen

The fitter was very knowledgable and did a perfect job

But I think there's some luck involved, I've heard about other fitters who break trim, dont seal correctly etc etc so it all comes down to who you get

I would have thought radar collision is done with a sensor in the grille, nothing to do with the windscreen I'd think. Unless you mean the road sign recognition camera thing ?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th March 2019, 14:53 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi the radar thingy, canít remember the initials is it CBRT or something, the sensor is windscreen mounted above the rear view mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th March 2019, 14:57
Supporter

Car: 2016 1.8 Sport Orchid White
I had a screen replaced by Auto Windscreens --not Autoglass.
The good news is the sensor/camera whatever in the windscreen did not require recalibrating, and they fitted a genuine Honda screen.
The bad news is the animal they sent to replace the screen broke 2 bits of trim-- the side trim which continues along the roof, and the scuttle trim. Luckily my insurance company who recommended Auto Windscreens chased this up, and after they removed and refitted the screen and sent a proper fitter out to replace the broken trims , all was well-almost, as I found months afterwards one of the washer jets they had removed was wobbly, but by then I had lost the will to do anything. The replacement trims cost Auto Windscreen about £500 + vat, and they had to give me £100 compensation.

My screen broke in July 2017, and it was November before it was resolved to my satisfaction.
So it depends on the fitter--good luck !

I should add that I have had screens repaired and replaced on previous cars with no problems, this time I was unlucky !
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th March 2019, 19:08
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
As per a recent post, the ctba system does not require recalibration and uses a LIDAR system to function.

Can't remember fully, but you may need a calibration if you have LKAS / DASP, other than that, you are in the clear.

If you want to test the ctba system after fitting, try rolling towards parking barriers with high vis markings, not braking but ready to should the system not activate - I take no blame if you roll into it

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 24th March 2019, 15:31
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 SE Blueish Silver
If you use Autoglass they will come back to you to tell you that the Lidar needs recalibration.
It doesn't need doing but they seem to want a sign off from a Honda dealer so that they can't be held responsible for any accident that occurs after they have changed the windscreen. I had weeks of emails from them - they just won't back off until Honda see the car and sign it off as OK.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01W using Tapatalk
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 25th March 2019, 12:57
Supporter

I would say it's their job to get some VOUCHER for you to get it done then... so Honda can charge them!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 29th March 2019, 22:37 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Cheers guys - arranged the autoglass visit and got all the emails re calibration etc.
Fitter turned up with new windscreen but was actually able to repair it so no new screen required after all that!

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page