Reckless Driving - Civinfo
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 19:03 Thread Starter

Car: 2012 2.2 Milano Red
Reckless Driving

I hope the young man driving a dark blue Civic on the Baslow to Peak Forest road about 12 noon today reads this.

Young man, if you continue to drive as recklessly as you do and overtaking four vehicles at once at high speed on a narrow two way road, you will end up in a wooden box and take someone else with you.

If you are in any doubt as to whom I am referring I could bring you up on my Dash Cam.
Red Dwarf, Jon_G, Nowell and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 25th May 2019, 19:09

Post up the video, it would be an interesting watch for all of us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 26th May 2019, 04:14
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor1 View Post
If you are in any doubt as to whom I am referring I could bring you up on my Dash Cam.
Don't condone risky driving in any way but sometimes the dash cam brigade are just as bad. We all like watching a good bit of footage, but these dash cams are bringing too many high and mighties or people road trolling others for juicy footage.

I had a guy with a dashcam brake check on me quite hard just because I gave him a hand sign, bet he didn't run home and upload that footage to youtube for likes! And the amount of times I've had a clown blocking the road or all over the place show off with his camera or point to it when you go past him. There are some slight legitimate reasons for a dashcam, ie for that one time in your entire life someone might bump into you and deny or if there is something fairly serious you caught that is actually worth grassing for, but in my opinion most of the people buying these are doing so for the wrong reasons or just because its fashion and they want suscribers and likes. Day to day there is no need for one, or to film your entire life.

Last edited by Wylde; 26th May 2019 at 04:16.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 26th May 2019, 04:38
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
And yet you don't seem to wonder why your standard of driving, or it would appear lack off, makes you a magnet for u people with dashcams. I wonder why.....
nturnb and poor1 like this.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 26th May 2019, 08:41
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
I wonder why Wylde found it necessary to give the other driver "a hand sign". Seems that sort of thing is a pretty common precursor to road rage to me.
exhausted, nturnb, Farqui and 2 others like this.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 27th May 2019, 22:53
Supporter

Car: 2017 SR Civic, Rally Red
Garage
Yeah, there are some really silly drivers out there. Only had my Honda Civic SR for a couple of weeks, and have been challenged by three of my work mates after work to race down the motorway on the way home.

People do not realise that you are in control of a dangerous thing, that can kill. It isn't worth your life or others driving recklessly.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 27th May 2019, 23:37
Supporter

Car: '06 Cosmic Grey EP3 prem CTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by M8TJT View Post
I wonder why Wylde found it necessary to give the other driver "a hand sign". Seems that sort of thing is a pretty common precursor to road rage to me.
It doesn't happen often but I give hand signs, I think very bad drivers require some notification of their stupidity and downright dangerous actions.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 27th May 2019, 23:42
Super Moderator

I suppose it depends on the type of 'hand sign' that can vary from a metaphorical shrug of the shoulders to something more personal such as a single finger or the well known w***** one.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 28th May 2019, 00:25
Supporter

Mine varies depending upon many variables
M8TJT likes this.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 28th May 2019, 01:16
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 GT Type S
I agree with Wylde to an extent. We all make mistakes, The last thing that's needs is hoards of vigilantes trying to land everyone in Court over minor misjudgements / mistakes / stupid moments, and yes I have 2 dashcams!

I agree with the sentiment and tone of the OP. Wise words are sometimes the best way forward unless someone is so totally reckless in an extreme / persistent way as to require the long arm of the law for everyone's safety. Failing that, the best way to learn from your mistakes, is to learn from them and teach yourself not to make them in the 1st place or exceed your own abilities / those of the car / those of the road. Sometimes if you can't see them yourselves, a gentle reminder from someone else does the trick.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 28th May 2019, 12:38
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, Audi TT 190
My recommendations, based on experiences out on the public highway are :

Drive within speed limits/highway code also adopting a 'defensive' style/attitude aware to expect the unexpected.

Never react to another driver's behaviour including 'eyeballing', hand signs etc.

Reasons are one, the other driver may be mentally unbalanced, on drugs or if challenged can't loose face, perhaps due to his mates in the car for example egging him on.

Seen many times out there where, say at traffic lights someone jump out their car and try and pull open another's driver door. Or where traffic's pulled up at road works 2 lads jump out their car with a golf club in hand and attempt to open the cab door of a truck where the driver merely sounded the horn because the car cut up the truck. When a couple of weeks ago I saw some kind of lunatic pull up in front of a bus, get out his car and rant/rave at the driver with every expletive and more I actually struggled to believe what's out there.

Personally, I've got better things to do then get involved in shouting matches/fracas' where for some out there there's actually little else for them to do.
Chris82uk, Farqui and M8TJT like this.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 28th May 2019, 16:11
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das View Post
And yet you don't seem to wonder why your standard of driving, or it would appear lack off, makes you a magnet for u people with dashcams. I wonder why.....
How do you know what my driving is like just from one post? I feel you post with emotion because my view has twisted your panties all up, probably because you have a dashcam yourself. Evo magazine talked about you dash cammers recently.

You posted with emotion, but check the post times, you'll see I was merely trying to body clock train for an impending nightshift. Joke is on you, friend. Here, let me make you happy, YES some of the dash cam saddos do drive along filming their lives being good as gold, but many, do not, they troll or try to accumulate youtube likes. Happy now?
Next time don't post with emotion. I don't really care too much, check the post time, I was training my body clock for the night shift and just posted a view at 4am for that reason to stay awake, mainly. That's all it was, a view. No need to get your pants all tangled because you film your entire life on the road.

People are obsessed with capturing everything, just go out and drive and enjoy.

Quote:
Oh, look a moderator, criticises the 'hand sign' despite not knowing why I did it but no mention of the brake check, one of the most dangerous manoeuvres in the game! Cute. You've got a dash cam haven't you?
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 28th May 2019, 16:19
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb550 View Post
and attempt to open the cab door of a truck where the driver merely sounded the horn because the car cut up the truck.
Good post, lots of good examples mate. Getting out the car full on rage road is bad IMO. I see road rage all the time, any one will if they travel enough.

The people who sound their horn or main beam you for next to nothing makes me laugh. I love packing people off who do such things more angrier than they started. Using hand gestures is great for this, the talktalk woffle with you hand is great, always gets a bit when some idiot pipes up, or just putting your finger to you lips football goal style, meanwhile they're sat there getting all angry, banging the stearing wheel or offering a fight.

Headlights or horns are not for frustration, yet plenty do it.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 28th May 2019, 16:21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylde View Post
Don't condone risky driving in any way but sometimes the dash cam brigade are just as bad. We all like watching a good bit of footage, but these dash cams are bringing too many high and mighties or people road trolling others for juicy footage.
Couldn't agree more with this. When you see those videos shared to facebook/going viral and the Dash Cam-Owner is giving a full narration of the road trip and it's almost like they can't wait to act up for the camera, sighing or throwing their hands in the air - all because of something that more often than not isn't even illegal, they disagree with.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 28th May 2019, 16:32

Car: 2015 Honda Civic Sport 1.6
Garage
I finally decided to keep a pepper spray (yeah I'm not a boxer champ and I'm not a violent person) after an episode of a guy which tried to push me off road with an Audi, next time I'll stop as he wants and I'll finish the entire bottle in his face.

I was going on the highway as always (120km every day in total) and it was raining a lot, I was overtaking a car in the second lane from the third lane and I had another car in front of me, this guy (as every Audi driver I meet everyday) arrived at like 180km/h flashing like a strobe to overtake us, I decided to let him pass and since I just hate these snooty Audi drivers I flashed him too and this guy started raging in the car (he had another car in front of him like I had before), when the car moved away he accelerated then suddenly braked to go back in the second line to let me pass and then he got at like.. 50cm (I couldn't see his headlights) and then I went back to the middle lane, this guy firstly came to my side and started raging like a little kid screaming with windows closed then he tried to push me from the side, fortunately the first lane was empty so I managed to switch, brake and let him slide a little.

He then decied to brake in front of me to make me stop so (since I was with my girlfriend I didn't want anything to happen, if I was with my friend... It could have gone differently) I had to brake almost to 60km/h to avoid hitting him in the back and then I downshifted, went back to third lane with a fast steering and unleashed the "power" of my 1.6 with BS Box (hell yeah) to leave him there.

And no, there was no time to call police or anything else, in Italy police is so slow in these cases that is totally useless, my mother had a similar experience but for like 30 minutes with a reckless idiot that tried to push her out of lane (always Audi, so strange) when she had a 1.3 Fiat Idea (so no escape) and even if she said to them she was in danger no one came to help and fortunately she managed to "escape" exiting from the highway at the last second to let him go ahead alone.

I obviously hope I will never ever face something like this again but since I live on the highway I decided to take countermeasures.

All of this just to say that if someone wants to ruin your day he will always find an excuse to do it.

Last edited by Puchnix; 29th May 2019 at 07:30.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 28th May 2019, 21:46
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
Quote:
How do you know what my driving is like just from one post?
Your post is a defensive, you get upset because people, by your own admission, are continually pointing out your poor level of driving ability. I dont drive like a D**k, so I find people dont brake check me or point at their Dash cams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylde
The people who sound their horn or main beam you for next to nothing makes me laugh. I love packing people off who do such things more angrier than they started. Using hand gestures is great for this, the talktalk woffle with you hand is great, always gets a bit when some idiot pipes up, or just putting your finger to you lips football goal style, meanwhile they're sat there getting all angry, banging the stearing wheel or offering a fight.
That quote just enforces my original post. Clearly you enjoy deliberately winding people up when your in your car to make up for your lack of ability behind the wheel.
Farqui and M8TJT like this.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 28th May 2019, 23:15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh, look a moderator, criticises the 'hand sign' despite not knowing why I did it{snip}
I did not criticise your use of a 'hand sign'. Read my post again. I just wondered what the other driver did to provoke your 'hand sign' in the first place, and then pointed out that doing this can provoke the other driver into a 'road rage' mental state. The fact that I am a moderator is totally irrelevant.

You yourself admitted doing this on purpose to deliberately provoke another driver as pointed out above by Das in his second quote from one of your later posts.

Now that's enough already please.

PS. And for what it's worth, but again totally irrelevant, yes I do have a dashcam and I don't 'do' YouTube or TwitFace.
RA108, Farqui, Wilmo and 1 others like this.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 29th May 2019, 08:04
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 GT Type S
Quote:
PS. And for what it's worth, but again totally irrelevant, yes I do have a dashcam and I don't 'do' YouTube or TwitFace.
That's my philosophy entirely. A dsahcam is for recording accident evidence for your insurer. It's not a vigilante tool.
flashy and M8TJT like this.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 29th May 2019, 09:10
Supporter

Surely permission would be required from the person being filmed for footage to be put up on the web?
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 29th May 2019, 10:05

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Surely permission would be required from the person being filmed for footage to be put up on the web?
Not if the footage is taken in a public place, i.e. a road.
cavalrystu and Das like this.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page