Haltamer's Civic - Page 2 - Civinfo
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 10th June 2019, 14:20 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
In other news; I've found the GE8 1.5 Intake manifold can be fitted to the L13Z1, thanks to a local Jazz owner. Going to have to look at getting one; There's a ~6HP / 5ftlb improvement over the 1.3 intake.

That being said, I wonder if a nice aftermarket GE8 manifold would work even better......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 17th June 2019, 19:19 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Injen Intake sorted!

Originally ordered from H-Tune, but they couldn't get it as they only have access to the US stock apparently.

Not a problem for me though, as I just so happen to be in the Netherlands - And the ferry terminal is right next to the Injen Europe HQ

Popped in to collect; they were rather surprised to see a Brit collecting an order! - That gives me something to do when I get home, followed very quickly by a wash.

Review and sound to follow
lightningslow and Bones126 like this.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 17th June 2019, 19:50
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 EX iShift 5DR
How much to pick one up for me?

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 18th June 2019, 08:29
Supporter

Car: 2015 Civic Tourer D-TEC SR
Garage
love your gear gaiter - that might need to go on my list (mine's showing a bit of wear..)
He_Who_Is_T likes this.
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 18th June 2019, 09:06

Car: 2013 Civic 2.2 i-Dtec
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haltamer View Post
Injen Intake sorted!

Originally ordered from H-Tune, but they couldn't get it as they only have access to the US stock apparently.

Not a problem for me though, as I just so happen to be in the Netherlands - And the ferry terminal is right next to the Injen Europe HQ

Popped in to collect; they were rather surprised to see a Brit collecting an order! - That gives me something to do when I get home, followed very quickly by a wash.

Review and sound to follow
Will this make much difference other than sound? As with everything modification wise I've seen arguments for and against.

Will this fully replace your OEM air box and k&n panel filter?
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 18th June 2019, 21:21 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningslow View Post
How much to pick one up for me?
Back now unfortunately, but if you book a trip on the Stena line to Hoek Van Holland it's just a few blocks away from the terminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.e View Post
love your gear gaiter - that might need to go on my list (mine's showing a bit of wear..)
Very quick to fit, and only ~£20, Go for it - Life's too short. He'll do it in other coulours if you want too
rob.e likes this.
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 18th June 2019, 21:25 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by He_Who_Is_T View Post
Will this make much difference other than sound? As with everything modification wise I've seen arguments for and against.

Will this fully replace your OEM air box and k&n panel filter?
Yes - Original airbox all out, With a pipe running to the empty space below the battery tray.

Big change in sound; Very raucous now.

As for performance, I was initially thinking I'd accidentally added a turbocharger, but then I realised I'd also taken out about 300KG of people and luggage from the European Roadtrip, which certainly helps
He_Who_Is_T likes this.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2019, 01:40 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Injen update time!

Went and yobbed it up a bit to get some sound videos.

Sounds nice; Especially at the very top end of the rev range - Very Bwaah'y.

Performance wise, no issues - As above, I've made it difficult to compare as I went from driving the car with a massive load for a week straight to new intake; That being said, it does feel nice and spritely when pulling away now - More so than before, and I've noticed improved performance at the top end too; If taken right to the bitter end (Redlining) It'll push about 2mph extra out of the gear, which is always welcome.
Furthermore, I'd say there is a slightly improved timbre of the exhaust note, which is noticeable when static idling - Slightly reduces the higher pitched "Sad lawnmower" sound of the full stock system.

Oh, and I do like the little "Puff" of air sound from the idle air control valve that can now be heard when shutting down

As for liveablility, I'm a little wary of the low intake location and I'd certainly take more heed of crossing fords compared to the very high stock intake. The idling is smooth and quiet; as is regular cruising - The extra volume only comes in when you step right on the throttle or get into the 4K+ RPM area.

As the intake feeds from the area under the battery tray, I'm thinking of grabbing a Type R fog light mesh with the cutout, as that would pretty much give a direct air feed - Certainly won't hurt. (I may even look at swapping to some OSRAM LED fog lights at the same time if the bumper needs to come off... )

Last edited by Haltamer; 22nd June 2019 at 01:44.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 1st July 2019, 15:21 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Car limits day was done last week! Great fun; Who said you can't get a Civic sideways?

After a few spins and some very helpful instruction, I was making the same bend at 50 with one finger; Later in the day with some further advice I was able to make it in 70mph (About as much steam as I could raise on the straight! ) with some braking - With plenty of room to spare!

Certainly very enjoyable and informative - With skills in limit handling and high speed cornering that can transfer to the road through generally improved car control.

Anywhom, Coming up soon I'll be fitting my OSRAM LED F1 Foglights later today (Hopefully) - I'll pop up a little review once that is done.

Next on the cards from there will most likely be a cut-in air scoop to feed air directly to the CAI; I'll see how things look once I've got the bumper off to see what can be done about a direct feed to the Injen.
Bones126 likes this.
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2019, 01:53 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
OSRAM Foglights in!

Amazing improvement for £30, and a nice easy fitment, as it turns out. - The bumper must come off, but having done it for a first time, I see how easily it can be done!

There's a definite appearence improvement over the OEM items, With their perfect white LED look and extremely precise cutoff; The light projected is very intense in the "target area", but standing in front of the car above the cutoff, the fog lights are no brighter than the sidelights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-02 at 01.45.16 (1).jpg (50.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-02 at 01.45.16.jpg (76.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-02 at 01.45.17.jpg (32.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-02 at 01.45.18 (1).jpg (40.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-02 at 01.45.18.jpg (104.1 KB, 27 views)
lightningslow, rob.e and Bones126 like this.
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2019, 06:16

Nice effect! Can you post a short tutorial on how to remove front bumper? It can help all of us about changing all of the headlight bulbs more easily.

Also very nice sound with the injen!

Inviato dal mio MI 5s Plus utilizzando Tapatalk
Haltamer likes this.
post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2019, 08:03 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Yes - bumper how to will be following shortly

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Thanks to Haltamer from:
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 4th July 2019, 23:15 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Another mod completed!

LED door sills this time.

Heated up the old items and managed to peel them off with a hairdryer and some Simoniz Tar & Glue remover (Not bad for a cheap product!)

Then, removed all of the sill and pillar trim to get them in - Actually easier than it sounds.
The worst part was the wiring, mostly because I don't have the convenient 10G plug, so I ordered in some quicksplicer doodads and spliced it into the option connector wires for my footwell lights and a ground wire for my dashcam hardwire - It's getting to be a bit of a jungle in my fuse box!

That said, Only £30 and I've now got some pretty sills that light up front AND rear, unlike the OEM Items
(Pictures not the greatest, try taking pictures of a light source at night with a phone )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-04 at 22.50.32 (1).jpg (121.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-04 at 22.50.32 (2).jpg (35.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-04 at 22.50.32 (3).jpg (16.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-04 at 22.50.32.jpg (86.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-04 at 22.52.07.jpg (37.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-04 at 22.52.18.jpg (22.5 KB, 20 views)
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 5th July 2019, 00:12 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Oh, I've also got some Heko wind deflectors on order!

Not sure about plans for the next steps now; Brakes and exhausts are both on the cards.

At the same time, I'm also feeling like changing up the rest of my lighting - Standardising on OSRAM LEDs for my interior and Taillights, and possibly looking into doing LED indicators again:- I'm almost tempted to try LEDs in the dip beam again, to get the matching LED colour for my foglights, but I'm still not sure about their performance compared to the HIDs.

I'm sure something will come to my attention!
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 5th July 2019, 07:33
Supporter

Garage
Nice one, proper going for it.
Haltamer likes this.
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 5th July 2019, 08:08
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haltamer View Post
Oh, I've also got some Heko wind deflectors on order!

Not sure about plans for the next steps now; Brakes and exhausts are both on the cards.

At the same time, I'm also feeling like changing up the rest of my lighting - Standardising on OSRAM LEDs for my interior and Taillights, and possibly looking into doing LED indicators again:- I'm almost tempted to try LEDs in the dip beam again, to get the matching LED colour for my foglights, but I'm still not sure about their performance compared to the HIDs.

I'm sure something will come to my attention!
Ive got loads of LED's here you can have for nothing if you want some to do up your interior.

Also, exhaust mods. Grab yourself some Vibrant Street Power components and get them welded on. I know a good exhaust shop as well if you want
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 6th July 2019, 09:36
Supporter

post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 8th July 2019, 18:24 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Ive got loads of LED's here you can have for nothing if you want some to do up your interior.

Also, exhaust mods. Grab yourself some Vibrant Street Power components and get them welded on. I know a good exhaust shop as well if you want
I would but I'm looking to standardise on OSRAMs so they're all perfect colour matches

As for exhaust, I've had a quote of ~£180 to fabricate a joint and create a "rear backbox-removal" straightpipe that I could bolt in and out as needed - If you do know a shop (I spoke to pipecraft who are very well regarded) I'd be intrested to see what they could do

Quote:
A bit chrome for me, though I do like the idea of the chrome window dressings? Not sure - Thinking about it has given me ideas for some laser cut brushed alu pieces
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 8th July 2019, 18:58 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Heko wind deflectors fitted!

That'll be me until next payday, I think - Dropped far too much money on a new DAS6 and supplies; Paintwork is very much popping now though!

Opinions sought - I wasn't too sure when I put them on, but the look has grown on me. Only complaint would be the slight obstruction of the NS mirror's inner section; I'll have to see how I get on with that if not I may need to trim them down.
rob.e and He_Who_Is_T like this.
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 8th July 2019, 22:22
Supporter

Car: 2016 1.8 Sport Orchid White
Thumbs up

Looks better each time you post !
Wind deflectors set the car off nicely, and what a shine.
Neil11 and Haltamer like this.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page