That process is for 9G
Absolutely correct and i thank you wholeheartedly, you've saved me a 40 minute drive (each way) and the expense.
For anyone who has future issues, as it was the rear windows you have to follow the procedure ever so slightly differently.
Firstly to confirm any confusion as i have seen on other pages, DOWN refers to the first click only of the switch and not the full press (AUTO DOWN )
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (step II)
2. Ensuring the rear window lock is off on the drivers door switch module, move rear window which is affected all all the way down by using the driver’s window DOWN switch. Ensure all other windows are up (where possible)
3. Open the driver’s door
Note Steps 4 to 7 must be done within 5 seconds of each other
4. Turn the ignition switch OFF
5. Push and hold the rear DOWN switch
6. Turn the ignition switch ON
7. Release the driver’s (or the front passenger’s) window DOWN switch
8. Repeat steps 4 to 7 three more times
9. Wait 1 second
10. Rear window should now longer work in any way using the driver module and be set to the bottom. If they do work using the driver module go back to step 1
11. Go to the rear door, open it and use the switch on the door to bring the window back to the top. Hold for one second.
12. Confirm the auto down and up now work, restoring the window to its fully up position
13. Confirm that the drivers module also operates both the auto up and auto down procedure restoring the window to its fully up position.
14. If you have a 2nd rear window which is also affected repeat the process for all other windows
I hope this helps anyone else who might run into this issue. Thanks once again to steve_m and to sasquartch for the kind offer.