2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Rear screen heater lower section on UK G9 hatch

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  iVTECStu 
#1 ·
Rear screen heater lower section on UK G9 hatch

This morning I drove off, put the rear heater, during to whole 30min drive the lower section (below the spoiler) did not clear. The upper section and mirrors worked fine (in ~2mins)

Q. is this common, or should it be like this? (have looked thought the forum I could only see reports on the G8, and comment about the last 3 wires/filaments being for the radio)

If I need to investigate further any pointers as to which side the wire looms starts/connects, does anybody knows what the resistance should be across the heater wires/filaments

Thanks in Advance

#6 ·
Well, that seems to be that it has lower heating elements then.
This morning I drove off, put the rear heater, during to whole 30min drive the lower section (below the spoiler) did not clear
Carefully inspect the heating elements and look for it being scratched through by over vigorous window cleaning. If that doesn't show anything, then you need someone with a multi meter to check out the supply voltage and continuity of the element.
You could also try having a look at the electrical connections for the lower heating element for corrosion, but I expect that you will have to pull off some trim to get at them.

#11 ·
Sometimes it does appear that the lower rear screen isn’t being de-misted. I found that it’s usually because dirt accumulates on that lower screen, because of the design of the lip or spoiler above it keeping dirty air below the upper screen. It does de-mist but there is so much dirt, it dosen’t look like it has. Although, if the car is clean and it still dosen’t de-mist...then there's a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.