9th Gen Air Con - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 19th September 2011, 10:13 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 GT Type S
9th Gen Air Con

Just a note to Honda, on the 9th gen you need the air con to go lower ie down to maybe 14 then low instead of the current 16.

I often find 16 too warm but low too cold. It would be good to have something in between for those warm but not scorching days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 19th September 2011, 10:35
Supporter

Car: 2011 Audi A1 1.4 TFSi
I think most aircon/climate systems have this as the lowest setting.

(it was on my Astra)

If 16 is too warm I suggest you get your air con system checked out.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 19th September 2011, 10:38

Car: 2008 1.8 Civic Type-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsone View Post
Just a note to Honda, on the 9th gen you need the air con to go lower ie down to maybe 14 then low instead of the current 16.

I often find 16 too warm but low too cold. It would be good to have something in between for those warm but not scorching days.
Do you think if the outside temperature is 30 celsius, the car will cool better if you use the AC on 14-16 or 18C? LOL...read about air cons...

Topic is useless, must close!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 19th September 2011, 11:14
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
I've said before, the AirCon on my IS200 used to obey the temp you set and it soon got down to that temp and kept it there. If you set 21C you got 21C.

I find the Civic has to be coaxed down to the required temperature by setting it super-low otherwise the fan gives up half way there and no more cooling.

I did a journey of about 100 miles earlier in the year after the Civic had been sat in the sun.

Starting inside temp was 45C and even after 100 miles the inside temp only got down to 26C with it set on 20C. On hot days when I'm at work it starts out at about 20C because it's parked in an underground car park and even with the sun belting down, on the journey home it manages to keep it at about 22C.

This is probably why the MPG hit is almost negligent because it's not very powerful.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 19th September 2011, 16:54

Car: 2010 1.4 type S, Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremmen View Post
I've said before, the AirCon on my IS200 used to obey the temp you set and it soon got down to that temp and kept it there. If you set 21C you got 21C.

I find the Civic has to be coaxed down to the required temperature by setting it super-low otherwise the fan gives up half way there and no more cooling.

I did a journey of about 100 miles earlier in the year after the Civic had been sat in the sun.

Starting inside temp was 45C and even after 100 miles the inside temp only got down to 26C with it set on 20C. On hot days when I'm at work it starts out at about 20C because it's parked in an underground car park and even with the sun belting down, on the journey home it manages to keep it at about 22C.

This is probably why the MPG hit is almost negligent because it's not very powerful.
I find my 09 1.4 the same on hot sunny afternoons when the car has been standing in the sun only that there is a 2-3 mpg reduction, probably down to the engine.

On mine you can tell when the cabin temperature is nearly there when the sytem changes from recirculation to fresh air intake. The only problem if I set the temperature to low the fan blasts cold air everywhere from the centre vents so I control the fan speed using the temperature control of manually. This doesnt seem to take much longer to cool the cabin.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page