Heated seats - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 25th October 2011, 04:08 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2009 1.8 5d Alabaster Silver
Heated seats

Just had a look at the specs for the new 2012 car. It seems that heated front seats are only in the EX model with leather seats.

Do you think it will be possible to get it as an extra on the Sport ES model?

I currently have it on my leased 2009 1.8 Sport and it would be a shame to not have it on the new car that I'm looking to replace the old one with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2011, 11:06
Arfurs right hand man

Car: 1.8 Civic SE plus Auto 9th G
Garage
DOnt forget the specs you have seen are for the UK car, i'd expect the other Euro nations to be different
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2011, 16:36

I'd really like to get excited on the new civic, it's a grower, undoubtly. But it misses too many things. Seems so strange that Honda, instead of cultivating its niche (as would be profitable these days) has gone for a wash-down of the model. Toyotas are more interesting at this point, the new Prius C, the Chevy Volt... Other price segments for sure, but Civic MY 2012 lacks innovation. No autoparking too, even the Fiesta will have it next year.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2011, 18:20
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Dan View Post
DOnt forget the specs you have seen are for the UK car, i'd expect the other Euro nations to be different
Absolutely - for example - in Scandinavia, all 8th. Gen. Civics (apart from some CTRs) came with heated front seats, HIDs, set of Winter Alloys and Tyres, etc. ...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th November 2011, 00:23 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2009 1.8 5d Alabaster Silver
In the meantime it has been confirmed the 1.8 Sport will have heated front seats so that's good news
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th November 2011, 01:50
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 GT Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyutti View Post
No autoparking too, even the Fiesta will have it next year.
Yes I'm thinking that's a notable miss as well.

The new Focus according to the adverts auto parks, reads road signs and even closes its grill vents to save fuel when cooling isn't needed. Whereas the latter sounds like a gimmick and just something more to go wrong to me I can see some value in some kind of warning assist on some crucial signs and definitely the value of autoparking - especially in a car with limited rear visibility, is unquestionable.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th November 2011, 11:49
Supporter

You can also buy a 17k Focus these days with DAB as standard - and that's before the usual Ford discount...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th November 2011, 12:43

funny thing is that, when in the days I was getting a volvo as a company car, the dealer wanted a lot of extra $ for heated seats, webasto and on-board computer. just one month later I've discovered taht all that stuff was already in the car - ready to be activated. Which I did for a lot less $
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 14th November 2011, 10:32
Arfurs right hand man

Car: 1.8 Civic SE plus Auto 9th G
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsone View Post

The new Focus according to the adverts auto parks, reads road signs and even closes its grill vents to save fuel when cooling isn't needed. Whereas the latter sounds like a gimmick and just something more to go wrong to me I can see some value in some kind of warning assist on some crucial signs and definitely the value of autoparking - especially in a car with limited rear visibility, is unquestionable.

The new Civic Does the latter.

Auto parking?? - are you serious? do you know how it works? they system needs to find a space 1.5-2m longer than your car to park in. if you can't park your car in a space that much longer than your car then you shouldnt have a licence.
Reads Road signs?? - this gets better. You need a car to read signs that you should be on the look out for? sheesh, talk about dangerous.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 1st January 2012, 17:05

I went on a press demo day on the new focus last year and some of the new safety gear is impressive, but potentially dangerous should you get used to the focus and get in a Civic.

Autopark, far from being a gimmick was actually very useful. I tried it out in the prescribed parking gap and then kept getting out and making the gap smaller and smaller. The system coped very well IMO and I hope that companies other than Ford start to develop their own versions of it.

Auto brake, which I believe is in the new civic, was very good. Albeit a bit unsettling and I'd be interested to see how it works with a pedestrian stepping out rather than a stationary car.

The sign recognition was fun, it works off the front camera recognising speed signs and mirroring them to the dashboard. As the distance from the last recognised sign increases the dashboard sign gradually dims. As has been said you should be out looking yourself but it's almost a get out of jail free card should there be inadequate signs and plod stops you. Certainly you've got proof of the last speed sign passed.

Ford have done what Apple did with the iPod and others in that they have built in a variety of sensors into the car and then let their software development team loose and create various apps that do different things with the inputs.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th January 2012, 15:30

Car: 2012 2.2 i-dtec EX GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyutti View Post
No autoparking too, even the Fiesta will have it next year.
Who the hell wants autoparking? It would be the last thing I'd want on a new car. Too many gimmicks and so called driver aids on new cars nowadays.

If you can't park, don't drive is what I say. Mind you in my experience, that would mean an immediate reduction of at least a quarter of current drivers!

Steve
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th January 2012, 15:40

Car: 2011 Ford Focus Titanium X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsone View Post

I have the new Focus with 'Park Assist' - in no way is it Autoparking. It basically steers the car for you, the driver still has to maintain control of gearchanging, accelerating and braking. It's something you will use once and never again !!

As for the grill vents, I have a 1.6TDCI Stop/Start and the fuel economy is Sheeite compared to the Civic, regardless of open/closed vents and driving like a granny.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page