äutoweek"drove the new Civic! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 17th November 2011, 22:01 Thread Starter
The flying Dutchman

Car: 2012 VW Polo Bluemotion TDI
äutoweek"drove the new Civic!

Gereden: Honda Civic | Autonieuws - AutoWeek.nl

November 17, 2011 | 8:54 p.m. | Text: Roland Tameling Print Email Keep me posted
Honda has the ninth generation of the Civic ready. Today we made the first kilometers of the new compact class in southern Spain.

The sharp edge is a little off at the Civic. The characteristic 'closed' nose and frivolous details like triangular exhaust pipes have been replaced by a more mundane vehicles, which nevertheless still clearly recognizable as a Civic. But not only in terms of its design is Honda's compact mid-range bit of his wild oats, because during the first test miles in the introduction that the Civic is more comfortable than its predecessor.

That was not a plank suspended car hard, but his successor takes it up another notch softer. The character of the rear axle is: where the front suspension is pretty heavy, the rear springs (called torsion) remarkably smoothly. While that makes for a pleasant comfortable ride on the highway and proper processing of irregularities, but leave the rear of the car too much sway to our liking. At fast corners but the wheels keep good contact with the ground and gives the main Civic trust, though he's at first sight a fun steering group handed over its predecessor. This is also partly due to the rather mild electric power steering ...

The complete driving impression of the new Honda Civic can be read in AutoWeek 48, as from Wednesday, November 30 for sale everywhere. We are also currently working on making a video that you also will find on this site.

(note from me: video isnt on the site atm)
Thanks to Alpha from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th November 2011, 22:35
Supporter

Well, so far so good, considering Autoweek Netherlands is pure Volkswagen Audi Group-territory. Forecast for the final verdict: close but no sugar. Nice try from Honda but not enough to unsettle the mighty, flawless Golf
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th November 2011, 13:52 Thread Starter
The flying Dutchman
** Thread starter **

Car: 2012 VW Polo Bluemotion TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevlarD View Post
Well, so far so good, considering Autoweek Netherlands is pure Volkswagen Audi Group-territory. Forecast for the final verdict: close but no sugar. Nice try from Honda but not enough to unsettle the mighty, flawless Golf
yup, unless its an VAG car its no good at Autoweek

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 21st November 2011, 08:32
Greek Subforum Moderator

Car: 2007 1.8 5 door, Black
Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,416 Posts
Most of the automagazines here in Greece just do the same.
I think that they often support VAG like Volksburg citizens!
Of course the explanation to this is easy...
More advertisment than any other manufacturer from the vag official dealers, better results in the magazines reviews for their cars. Never bite the hand that feeds you!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 21st November 2011, 12:12

Car: 13 1.6 iDTEC Milano Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
yup, unless its an VAG car its no good at Autoweek
Replace the Honda-logo by a VW-logo and it becomes the best they've ever driven.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 22nd November 2011, 18:20
Supporter

Autozine review with pretty clear pictures. If I find the time I'll try and translate a little. Very positive review though

Autozine - Autotest: Honda Civic
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2011, 08:22

Car: 13 1.6 iDTEC Milano Red
Quote:
Autozine review with pretty clear pictures. If I find the time I'll try and translate a little. Very positive review though

Positive review, but sadly enough they confirm what I was afraid of: where the 1.4 was slow but just enough in the 8th gen, it is really too weak for the 9th gen Civic. Driving up-hill you need to get back to 4th gear to keep 100 km/h. Honda: after the 1.6 diesel, replace that old "fat 1.3" for a proper unit!!

Until then I just hope for the 1.6 diesel to be affordable...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2011, 09:46
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
Quote:

Quote:
Conclusion

The new generation of Honda Civic has a less pronounced character than its predecessor. All strengths are still remained. The special design of the dashboard ensures that the driver still feels a special car to drive. The smart layout of the interior, the Civic much space in the front and a huge amount of storage space in the rear. The rear seat was at stake and there is the room moderately.

The 1.8 liter petrol and 2.2 liter diesel perform very well, while a modest consumption. The 1.4 liter engine delivers smooth performance and is simply too weak for the car.

The handling is still the strongest point of the Honda Civic. Honda has managed both more comfort and more driving pleasure. That comfort is further enhanced by a rich and modern equipment. In short, the Honda Civic is no longer the time ahead, but more time than ever before.
Very positive, even say's the 1.8 is OK in terms of performance

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page