Question for owners with parking sensors? - Civinfo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th July 2012, 23:53 Thread Starter
Supporter
 
nickp8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 4th April 2007
Location: London GB
Posts: 101
Thanks: 17
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Question Question for owners with parking sensors?

What information is shown in the i-MID when you are in reverse and the parking sensors active?

Also does anyone has a picture of what is shown or a link to one?

Thanks.
nickp8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11th July 2012, 01:12
 
iAndyF's Avatar
 
Car: 2012 i-DTEC EX GT
Join Date: 8th March 2012
Location: UK GB
Posts: 53
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp8 View Post
What information is shown in the i-MID when you are in reverse and the parking sensors active?
There is an outline of the car with yellow/amber/red indicator marks that blink (with associated tones) in the area of the obstruction (Front/Rear/Corners). Yellow is front (< 39”) and rear (< 43”) with amber from 24” to 14” and red less than 14” from the obstruction.
iAndyF is offline  
Thanks to iAndyF from:
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12th July 2012, 01:23
 
iAndyF's Avatar
 
Car: 2012 i-DTEC EX GT
Join Date: 8th March 2012
Location: UK GB
Posts: 53
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp8 View Post
Also does anyone has a picture of what is shown or a link to one?
As requested here is a photo:
iAndyF is offline  
Thanks to iAndyF from:
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12th July 2012, 10:14
 
elegance's Avatar
 
Car: 2012 2.2 i-dtec EX GT
Join Date: 20th October 2008
Location: London, UK ENGLAND
Posts: 365
Thanks: 19
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAndyF View Post
As requested here is a photo:
Does the OP mean that? Reversing shows the camera view, not this.

I will take a photo later if I get time.

Steve
elegance is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12th July 2012, 10:20 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **
 
nickp8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 4th April 2007
Location: London GB
Posts: 101
Thanks: 17
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
iTrader: (0)
I know that on the main sat nav display it shows the camera. I wanted to see what info it shows in the i-mid when reversing.

The reason I ask is there is a rear only parking sensor kit Honda offer as a dealer fit accessory. Genuine Honda Civic Door Rear Parking Sensor Kit-2012> [08V67TV06**] - £272.86 : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories

It says in the description 'Sensor detection is visible on the car's intelligent-Multi Information Display (iMID).'
nickp8 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 13th July 2012, 17:27
 
elegance's Avatar
 
Car: 2012 2.2 i-dtec EX GT
Join Date: 20th October 2008
Location: London, UK ENGLAND
Posts: 365
Thanks: 19
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp8 View Post
I know that on the main sat nav display it shows the camera. I wanted to see what info it shows in the i-mid when reversing.

The reason I ask is there is a rear only parking sensor kit Honda offer as a dealer fit accessory. Genuine Honda Civic Door Rear Parking Sensor Kit-2012> [08V67TV06**] - £272.86 : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories

It says in the description 'Sensor detection is visible on the car's intelligent-Multi Information Display (iMID).'
Ok fair enough, my bad.

Andy F's post is spot on then.

Steve
elegance is offline  
Thanks to elegance from:
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 14th July 2012, 11:12
 
iAndyF's Avatar
 
Car: 2012 i-DTEC EX GT
Join Date: 8th March 2012
Location: UK GB
Posts: 53
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegance View Post
Andy F's post is spot on then.
Perhaps not:
I had forgotten about the Rear View Camera display on the iMID for models not fitted with navigation systems. On ES models, the Rear parking sensor indications are displayed in the lower part of the iMID. It’s in the handbook on pages 310 and 312.
On the EX model the display should be as per the photo.

Last edited by iAndyF; 14th July 2012 at 11:15.
iAndyF is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th July 2012, 15:34
 
elegance's Avatar
 
Car: 2012 2.2 i-dtec EX GT
Join Date: 20th October 2008
Location: London, UK ENGLAND
Posts: 365
Thanks: 19
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAndyF View Post
Perhaps not:
I had forgotten about the Rear View Camera display on the iMID for models not fitted with navigation systems. On ES models, the Rear parking sensor indications are displayed in the lower part of the iMID. It’s in the handbook on pages 310 and 312.
On the EX model the display should be as per the photo.
Good point!

I was only looking at it from my car's perspective i.e. EX GT.

Steve
elegance is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parking What shall I do about Parking sensors? sean_numark Electronics (8G) 8 2nd March 2012 17:31
Parking Just parking sensors daveuj Electronics (8G) 7 1st August 2010 19:15
Other Parking sensors civic 1.4se Electronics (8G) 4 29th December 2008 19:33
Parking parking sensors 2 quick question Paul-civic Electronics (8G) 0 2nd August 2008 14:22
Exterior parking sensors panasony Bugs, faults and irritations (8G) 8 23rd January 2007 21:44

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome