2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Miles remaining?

20K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  MattJessop 
#1 ·
Can I not get the screen to display how many miles left in the tank before I need to fill up?!

Hmmmmm

Also, shame the dial colours don't change when you change the screen to red etc...

#14 · (Edited)
This is in the 9G section and the 9G doesn't have this facility, yet. You have to pull up at the side of the road, apply the handbrake, get the manual out and follow the instructions and go via the menu system.

What you can do, if you have the right model, is opt to not view the SatNav mapping and have this display the tank range instead. If you are on an unfamilair journey you have 2 options:

1) Watch your tank range
2) SatNav Navigation

The good news is that the MY13's apparently have this sorted and it's back to the steering wheel.

#17 ·
I thought the latest CR-V had it sorted, with the Civ to follow ?

Looks like I'm hanging on to mine for quite a while longer then. Wonder why they did this ? What's the point of a trip computer if you can't roll round the various available functions without being at the side of the road with the handbrake on ?

#20 ·
If I can set the iMid to display both the Average MPG and tank range at the same time then I'm covered, that's all I need.

I don't use any of the other displays on my 8G.

If it's the current MPG then it's back to square one as that's of no use to me at all, my Eco lights tell me that :)

#22 ·
It is for me, if they offer various displays then I want to be able to see the one(s) I want without getting the toolbox out.

I currently run around displaying Average MPG as my default as that one could be an early indication of a problem if it starts dropping unexpectedly. Then the times I do a sizeable run and the fuel light comes on I instantly flick to tank range.

My current 8G is rock solid, I have 5 years servicing paid for so I'm in no mad rush to change if I'm going to lose functionality.

#23 ·
Nah wouldn't put me off, I'll leave it on tank range now, and simply check how I'm doing mpg wise when I'm sat in a carpark waiting for the missus or what ever, not massively important, but on a long run I do tend to play 'how high mpg can you get'... Keeps me entertained! Lol. (Saddo)

#25 ·
No. You get some sort of warning message saying that this feature is not supported whilst car is in motion.

I myself just have it on the personal wallpaper screen all the time now. When you use paddle shift mode you don't really care about fuel economy any more.

#27 ·
If you mean the average will reset , there are several options:

1) average resets after a fuel refill
2) every time you start a new journey ign off/on
3) manually reset

The average mpg display will remain on the screen until you change the display option again.

#29 · (Edited)
Sorry for butting in, I have a new 1.6 EX I see the range on the small screen only after the low fuel light has been triggered if you press information button (while driving). By the way 2 days ago after low fuel light came on I got 110 miles before fuelling up 47.7 litres out of 50 ( I believe). The small print is that after the low fuel light came on I only did, generally, 56MPH at approx, 1500 - 1600 RPM for 2 hours driving ( M11, A14 to A43). Average for that tank was 87MPG. The car is 1 Month old now. I like the car very much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.