2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

New Type R focus group - Honda event at Chiswick Honda

14K views 133 replies 39 participants last post by  Helmigurt 
#1 ·
Has anyone else had a call from Honda inviting them to the new Type R focus group at Chiswick Honda next week?

I just got a call asking me along, I would of loved to attend (Give me a beast!) but it is during my working hours next tuesday.

#132 ·
The new RS will be 330hp. I think the new CTR will be close, probably around 300hp. It will have to be lighter which won't be hard to do, just depends how much they want to push cost. The CTR will be the fastest FWD around Nurburgring so it will have to beat the RS.

#133 ·
It really is a case of how much Honda want it, They can hit their aim of being the best but it will need commitment and more likely weight loss rather than power gains over the opponents.

For me I hope Honda do succeed but more importantly if it FWD it needs to be at a competitive price, I cannot justify a price premium over the competition just because it goes faster around the "ring".

I really want it all but I really want my next car to be a Honda too!

#134 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.