9th gen waiting list - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th January 2013, 19:25 Thread Starter
Supporter

9th gen waiting list

Hi

My mum and dad ordered a civic three weeks ago, deposit put down for it to arrive 1st of march for the new plate.

They have just received a phone call to say that due to them selecting a grey interior option ( not as popular as black) , it will be a 5 month delay for the car. Needless to say they are not happy.

Anyone had any similar experience with anything like this ???

They are not sure what to do as they still want the car, but five months seems a bit excessive for an interior.

I would say though that all this should have been stated before they signed the deal, so they should be entitled to their deposit back and walk away if they want.

Cheers

Craig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th January 2013, 21:52
Clutch pedal guru

Get your money back and go elsewhere
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th January 2013, 22:34
Sharpshooter

Car: 2010 Horizon Turquoise CR-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacivicnut View Post
Get your money back and go elsewhere
+1

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th January 2013, 22:36
Batmobiles Rule ✌

Car: FK8
Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,351 Posts
No way should there be a 5 month wait. I would take my business elsewhere no matter how much I liked the car. Poor service from Honda that.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th January 2013, 23:07

I would tell them to stick it and change brand, it is clear Honda are struggling to sell cars in Europe and they feed you that bull to try and clear existing stock!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th January 2013, 23:17
J_H
i-VTEC - DO YOU?

Car: 2009 CTR, Black
Re: 9th gen waiting list

See if you can use this to negotiate in some way.

Otherwise tell them to poke it!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 29th January 2013, 23:54
Supporter

Car: 2012 EX 2.2 i-dtec, white
Try getting them to lend a Civic for the waiting period or you will take your business elsewhere.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 30th January 2013, 00:27

Car: 2008 ES 1.8 i-VTEC i-Shift
Switch to a black interior. Problem solved.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 30th January 2013, 07:22
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Because they are made in batches of colour and trim you sometimes have to alter your specs to it sooner rather than later.

If Honda aren't going to be getting grey in for a few months then do as bodgerx says.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 30th January 2013, 11:34
Super Moderator

Car: '11 Impreza R Special
Thanked 1,011 Times in 891 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Get your money back, they can't say no because apart of the contract says if we can not get the car in the time quoted you can cancel the contract.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 30th January 2013, 11:36
Arfurs right hand man

Car: 1.8 Civic SE plus Auto 9th G
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigieboy902 View Post
Hi

My mum and dad ordered a civic three weeks ago, deposit put down for it to arrive 1st of march for the new plate.

They have just received a phone call to say that due to them selecting a grey interior option ( not as popular as black) , it will be a 5 month delay for the car. Needless to say they are not happy.

Anyone had any similar experience with anything like this ???

They are not sure what to do as they still want the car, but five months seems a bit excessive for an interior.

I would say though that all this should have been stated before they signed the deal, so they should be entitled to their deposit back and walk away if they want.

Cheers

Craig.
Virtually no-one orders the grey interior so, Honda dont build many, (if any) for stock. WHy build something and tie money up in something you dont sell many of? A 5 month build time is standard quote (16-20weeks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staffs Deltic View Post
No way should there be a 5 month wait. I would take my business elsewhere no matter how much I liked the car. Poor service from Honda that.
Poor service from the dealer for not checking when the customer was sitting infront of them, where they could have seen if there was available stock or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordy View Post
I would tell them to stick it and change brand, it is clear Honda are struggling to sell cars in Europe and they feed you that bull to try and clear existing stock!
See above for a simple explanation as to how this is not "bull" we dont live in the 90's any more so there arent fields full of built cars waiting to be sold.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 30th January 2013, 11:45
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 i-CTDi ES NHB
Have they got a vehicle - if so no problem as the value of their current vehicle will depreciate but their new Honda will gain value by the time they get it. As the deal is already done then the dealer can't re-negotiate due to depreciation so all is good.

Also due to being inconvenienced they should be looking for some compensation, such as 3 years servicing for example.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 30th January 2013, 12:10
Administrator

Depending on the model they are going for I hope they have been advised to wait for a MY13 with the extra/fixed kit ?
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 30th January 2013, 12:32
Supporter

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNumpty View Post
Have they got a vehicle - if so no problem as the value of their current vehicle will depreciate but their new Honda will gain value by the time they get it. As the deal is already done then the dealer can't re-negotiate due to depreciation so all is good.

Also due to being inconvenienced they should be looking for some compensation, such as 3 years servicing for example.
+1

Sounds like a dealer tactic to shift other models they probably ordered on a bulk order. I ordered my civic with a 22 week wait and was told could have it next week in a different colour, I stuck with what I wanted and had it 5 weeks later.

See what other dealers can do if they want that car in that time frame otherwise tell them you'll wait. No point in ordering a brand new which is not what you may want, might as well have gone second hand if you're making a comprise.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 30th January 2013, 15:25
Arfurs right hand man

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldwarkid View Post
+1

Sounds like a dealer tactic to shift other models they probably ordered on a bulk order. I ordered my civic with a 22 week wait and was told could have it next week in a different colour, I stuck with what I wanted and had it 5 weeks later.

See what other dealers can do if they want that car in that time frame otherwise tell them you'll wait. No point in ordering a brand new which is not what you may want, might as well have gone second hand if you're making a comprise.
what are you on about?
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 30th January 2013, 22:06

If it's the garage i'm thinking of you should be looked after.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 30th January 2013, 23:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Dan View Post
Virtually no-one orders the grey interior so, Honda dont build many, (if any) for stock. WHy build something and tie money up in something you dont sell many of? A 5 month build time is standard quote (16-20weeks).

Poor service from the dealer for not checking when the customer was sitting infront of them, where they could have seen if there was available stock or not.

See above for a simple explanation as to how this is not "bull" we dont live in the 90's any more so there arent fields full of built cars waiting to be sold.
One week after Honda announce big UK job losses and they are offering 0% across most their cars, of course Honda is right and the customer is wrong in wanting what they want (and weirdly a colour Honda offers).

If there is not fields of cars then maybe they should try and provide what the customer wants in a timely manner.

I welcome dealer insight but sometimes it just goes wrong for me and just reads I would do better, I must sell cars!
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 31st January 2013, 09:49
Arfurs right hand man

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordy View Post
One week after Honda announce big UK job losses and they are offering 0% across most their cars, of course Honda is right and the customer is wrong in wanting what they want (and weirdly a colour Honda offers).

If there is not fields of cars then maybe they should try and provide what the customer wants in a timely manner.

I welcome dealer insight but sometimes it just goes wrong for me and just reads I would do better, I must sell cars!
Who said anything about being right or wrong on the part of the customer or Honda? - Honda build what is in demand. They don't therefore build the grey interior for stock as virtually no-one buys it. Its the same as the Yellow Topaz paint. There aren't thousands of them floating about either as no-one likes that colour.

Honda announced jobs losses due to lack or production requirement due to the lack of demand in Europe. 0% finance is to encourage a flat market into buying new rather than used, having a field full of cars tying up even more money isnt going to change a lack of desire or demand to purchase.

The standard production time for that car is 16-20 weeks. Generally quicker, however, if we even implied this was possible, people like you would come running demanding compensation seconds after the first 'deadline' was up, so we err on the side of caution, understandably. Much better to quote 20 weeks and deliver in 15 than vice versa.

Another way of looking at it, do you think a business would rather tell you it takes 20 weeks to deliver a car rather than hand one over now or on the 1st March? of course not. So why have they in this instance? oh yeah, cos its the only option for that car. Having just checked the supply, we have only just changed model year so there a few 2012 models available, being fed out whilst the 2013 stocks are produced, there are even less cars in stock than normal due to the switch over.

And your last point, doesn't even read properly so I cant comment on that other than try to get your facts right before telling someone who knows the facts what is going on.

Last edited by NH Dan; 31st January 2013 at 09:53.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 31st January 2013, 10:04
Administrator

I've made some tentative enquiries and I have been told I can have a MY13 on or very near the 1st March.

I must have chosen the right combination

Urban Titanium and Black
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 31st January 2013, 17:31

I have just had a look on our Honda system (I work at Honda) and it is a 20 week back to factory type of order.

They do not make the grey as a standard, so the dealer should have known that they couldn't get it for the 1st March.

You will only be able to get black interior. Doesn't sound like a good dealer if they have told you the wrong date, that is a big no no.

If you fancy another dealer, I'm more than happy to do it and beat their price also.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page