9GN Civic Footwell Lighting Kit - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th March 2013, 11:22 Thread Starter
Living the dream!

Thanked 1,199 Times in 1,018 Posts
9GN Civic Footwell Lighting Kit

Does anyone have the skills to do this? I have the kit but lack instructions but I am willing to compensate anyone who can fill the blanks in and provide a decent quality photos (not iphone pictures).

What do I need to know basically is where to connect the kit and my guess is a power supply that is powered up with the side / head lights or with the ignition. To be fair if these work with the ignition you would always have illuminated footwells but would not really notice it in the day, I don't see that it is to hard to find a power source for this but as I don't have access to the car it is hard for me.

I am willing to provide a full refund on the price of the kit + 20 if the details provided are good with very good pictures (all via email), maybe SXY (Sam) can access one of these as I know for sure he has the skill to fill in the blanks etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th March 2013, 11:31
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
Hi Rick,

The 9g does not have a option connector like the 8g (well not one that's visible), but the easiest option would be to tap into the ciggy lighter power as the sliding cupholder bit easily un-clips allowing easy access to the ciggy power wires

Lots of pics here thanks to Trevolly..... http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-9g/...c-content.html

Last edited by Bog; 26th March 2013 at 11:43.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th March 2013, 13:45 Thread Starter
Living the dream!
** Thread starter **

I think there will be an easier way to find a power source to connect on to

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th March 2013, 13:49
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
I thought that was

Unfortunately, wiring diagrams for the 9g are not in the public domain and the fuse box is not as accessible as the 8g's with all major plugs tucked high up in the dash.

The glove box light is also an option, as it is also very easy to get to.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th March 2013, 13:53 Thread Starter
Living the dream!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog View Post
I thought that was

Unfortunately, wiring diagrams for the 9g are not in the public domain and the fuse box is not as accessible as the 8g's with all major plugs tucked high up in the dash.

The glove box light is also an option, as it is also very easy to get to.
this is my favourite but I think this is now switched via the door so one wire needs to go to the light or an earth and the other to the door switch. Just because the fuse box is high under the dash does not mean the 2 wires you are looking to connect to are, my guess is around the left or right lower footwell side panel will be at least a ignition switched power supply that goes to the boot for the light or aux supply so this should not be to hard to find and access if you know what to look for
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th March 2013, 19:44
Pothole Surfer

Car: 2008 VW Golf R32
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickHondaR View Post
Does anyone have the skills to do this? I have the kit but lack instructions but I am willing to compensate anyone who can fill the blanks in and provide a decent quality photos (not iphone pictures).

What do I need to know basically is where to connect the kit and my guess is a power supply that is powered up with the side / head lights or with the ignition. To be fair if these work with the ignition you would always have illuminated footwells but would not really notice it in the day, I don't see that it is to hard to find a power source for this but as I don't have access to the car it is hard for me.

I am willing to provide a full refund on the price of the kit + 20 if the details provided are good with very good pictures (all via email), maybe SXY (Sam) can access one of these as I know for sure he has the skill to fill in the blanks etc.
I have the original Honda footlight kit, i bought it just last week. Comes with installation notes, i could scan and post them if it might be helpful?

Kris
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th March 2013, 20:01 Thread Starter
Living the dream!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashformayor View Post
I have the original Honda footlight kit, i bought it just last week. Comes with installation notes, i could scan and post them if it might be helpful?

Kris
It might help me to know where to look but would still need to look in a car to locate the wires as the honda kit will have a plug that i wont be able to get
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 30th March 2013, 01:40

installation notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashformayor View Post

Kris
hi could you forward these to me if possible???? as i have a 9th gen so can look at instructions and work back to fuse box as i would guess after looking that it is wired to the drivers side fuse box
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 30th March 2013, 01:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniebigs View Post
hi could you forward these to me if possible???? as i have a 9th gen so can look at instructions and work back to fuse box as i would guess after looking that it is wired to the drivers side fuse box

multimeter is ready and waiting
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2013, 17:58
Pothole Surfer

Car: 2008 VW Golf R32
I've put them in the 'How to' section...

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-9g/...tructions.html
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 20th April 2013, 10:49 Thread Starter
Living the dream!
** Thread starter **

Now have 9G 2012 civic footwell kits with instructions http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo...ml#post1556480
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 20th April 2013, 18:22 Thread Starter
Living the dream!
** Thread starter **

NOW HAVE 9G Footwell Kits

Quote:
Now have 9G 2012 civic footwell kits with instructions http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo...ml#post1556480

Due to having no pictures of my lights fitted at night in a 9G Civic I am willing to sell 2 kits (1 Red & 1 Blue) and do a 50% refund when I receive high quality pictures taken at night with no flash in a clean car like the ones below. This is on a 1st come 1st sent basis.

I will add this is very very easy to install and my guess is it will take less than 10 minutes if you are skilled and you don't have to remove any trims etc

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2013, 19:01 Thread Starter
Living the dream!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Quote:
Due to having no pictures of my lights fitted at night in a 9G Civic I am willing to sell 2 kits (1 Red & 1 Blue) and do a 50% refund when I receive high quality pictures taken at night with no flash in a clean car like the ones below. This is on a 1st come 1st sent basis.

I will add this is very very easy to install and my guess is it will take less than 10 minutes if you are skilled and you don't have to remove any trims etc

Surly someone owning a 9G wants to try my kit I will add no wire are cut and this is very very easy to install with no panels to remove inside the car etc, you could even trap the wires inside the plug so this could be removed in 5 minutes and leave no evidence that this was ever fitted to the car if this suits you better.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 29th April 2013, 18:25 Thread Starter
Living the dream!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Surly someone owning a 9G wants to try my kit I will add no wire are cut and this is very very easy to install with no panels to remove inside the car etc, you could even trap the wires inside the plug so this could be removed in 5 minutes and leave no evidence that this was ever fitted to the car if this suits you better.

Anyone?

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page