Windows - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 2nd June 2013, 13:27 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2013 2.2 ES, RED
Windows

Does anyone else have the problem that the windows open when you lock the car or is this just fault?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 2nd June 2013, 13:34
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
There is a keyfob sequence that causes this on the 9G. Have a look in the manual as I forget what it is.

Happened to me once and I was able to reverse it and use the keyfob to close all the windows when they opened.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 2nd June 2013, 17:20

Only if you press the unlock button release it and press and hold the unlock button! Your windows will never open by pressing the lock button (repeating this process with the lock button will close your windows and fold your mirrors). Just be careful and make sure you press the correct button otherwise you will be leaving your car unlocked. It happened to me once and I only noticed because I didn't hear the sound of the mirror fold motors.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 2nd June 2013, 17:48

Car: 2012 Civic 1.8, White Pearl
To clarify:

Double click open button keeping button down = windows open as long as you keep holding the button

Double click close button keeping button down = windows closing as long as you keep holding the button + folding mirrors close

So you can open all the windows by just a small amount if you wish with the key if you have a dog or something in the car.

I always lock with two clicks and hold to be sure everything is closed.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 2nd June 2013, 21:13 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2013 2.2 ES, RED
Thanks for the help, thought the car had something wrong with it but this is great help, cheers
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2013, 00:01

Car: 2017 SR CVT
Recently I wound down my windows when sitting in the car to save having to turn the ignition on. All was well for a few minutes then all the doors without warning suddenly locked with me locked inside.

It seems it is a security function. Yes wind your windows down but the car will then self lock. The alarm then goes off if anyone puts their hand through the open window.

I wish the windows would continue working with the engine off after parking and opening a door. Opening a door immediately switches off the window controls in the car. Ideally I would like to be able to choose how long the windows work after switching off the engine / removing the key.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2013, 00:49

Car: 2012 1.8 5 door,White Orchid
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
Recently I wound down my windows when sitting in the car to save having to turn the ignition on. All was well for a few minutes then all the doors without warning suddenly locked with me locked inside.

It seems it is a security function. Yes wind your windows down but the car will then self lock. The alarm then goes off if anyone puts their hand through the open window.

I wish the windows would continue working with the engine off after parking and opening a door. Opening a door immediately switches off the window controls in the car. Ideally I would like to be able to choose how long the windows work after switching off the engine / removing the key.
Due to the autolock function It is possible in certain circumstances to leave the key locked in the car ( if it is not in the ignition).
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2013, 00:52

On base model 9G (the one without autofold mirrors), the keyfob is only able to open but not close the windows remotely.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2013, 11:20
Pothole Surfer

Car: 2008 VW Golf R32
You can't lock the Keys inside the car on the EX-GT, or at least not by accident. I even tried to lock my spare set of keys inside while i had the main set outside and it wouldn't do it haha
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2013, 20:21
Supporter

Thanked 1,035 Times in 1,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashformayor View Post
You can't lock the Keys inside the car on the EX-GT, or at least not by accident. I even tried to lock my spare set of keys inside while i had the main set outside and it wouldn't do it haha
That's good to know always double checking making sure Ive got my keys before locking the car
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2013, 21:54

The relock function should only happen if the cars were previously locked and then you unlock the car (which you must do to open the windows with the fob). If you don't open a door within 30s, like most other cars I've owned the civic will relock itself.

With smart entry it's almost impossible to lock the key in the car. You have to have the second key outside and press the lock button several times and listen to it beep at you!!

The window up when locking is only on cars where all 4 windows have auto (anti-pinch) to stop it trapping your red setter's big daft head in the mechanism!

The windows continue to work for 10 mins after switching off the engine and removing the key (in Europe). I think it's shorter in Australia
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2013, 22:02
Supporter

Car: 2012 1.8, MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by civilrights View Post
The windows continue to work for 10 mins after switching off the engine and removing the key (in Europe). I think it's shorter in Australia
Unless you open the door.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 4th June 2013, 08:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilrights View Post
The relock function should only happen if the cars were previously locked and then you unlock the car (which you must do to open the windows with the fob). If you don't open a door within 30s, like most other cars I've owned the civic will relock itself.

With smart entry it's almost impossible to lock the key in the car. You have to have the second key outside and press the lock button several times and listen to it beep at you!!

The window up when locking is only on cars where all 4 windows have auto (anti-pinch) to stop it trapping your red setter's big daft head in the mechanism!

Yes, it's only 45 seconds. Silly idea.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > General Discussion (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page