2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Farewell CTR.......

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Type R'er 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted, or even been on here for a while.

The CTR was collected yesterday. It went back to the finance company as the balloon payment was higher than the market price. I left the Civinfo sticker on it so hopefully the new owner will find this site. I can't say I was sad to see it go though. Good points and bad, but the bad outweigh the good by about 10 to 1!

Rubbish - paint (smothered in stone chips and swirl marks, I scratched it with my finger nail once!), ride, general build quality, handling (oh dear god how it under-steered even after the FRS set up) stereo, the list goes on.

Good - engine, that noise and the v-tec craziness will certainly be missed.

I picked up my new BMW 320d M Sport Coupe today. It'll take a while to get used to it as it does sound like a tractor but the ride is like a breath of fresh air and the journey home was awesome. £90 to tax for the year and between 50-70 MPG. All the M Sport extras along with heated leather seats, 19" wheels with run flats, Blue Tooth, sun protect glass and iPod connection. I was just about to upload a pic but my iPhone won't let me!

I have found this site to be one of the best parts about owning a Civic. Everyone really friendly, helpful and good fun. Pottsy its a credit to you sir and thanks for your help personally in the past.

Farewell CTR, I hope you find a good home!!

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks guys,

I've just read my post back and it seems quite negative!!

I loved owning the CTR and I will miss it. It was a sad moment when I saw it on the back of the tow truck. Hopefully someone will have as much fun in it as I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.