Accord 1 week - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2009, 07:33 Thread Starter

Cool Accord 1 week

Now I've had the pleasure (!) of owning my Accord for one week. Well, I have to say, my initial doubts have been more or less deleted now...

OK, it's a GREAT car!
Details: Tourer 2.4 Executive (no sat-nav), automatic. No LKAS, ADAC or CMB or any other acronyms - just a plain one.

Anyway, there are of course ups and downs, compared to the Civic...

Ups:
Smooth ride. Ooo so smooth. So nice. Can't get enough of it. Not that Civic was bad, but Accord is better!!!

Automatic gear. Man, did I miss that... I really love the smooth changes of gears, both up and down.

Power! Oh yes, the power. 201 BHP instead of 83 makes a huge difference. I still enjoy getting my body pressed to the seats...

Seats! So much better. The leather is a bit cold in the morning, but I really enjoy the lumbar support! Lovely lovely lovely.

Downs:
I miss the dashboard! Well, some parts of it anyway. I miss seeing the rev- and economy leds, I really got used to those. And the speedometer on top of the wheel... oh, and the data in the middle - showing both the total mileage and the trip mileage. In the Accord you have to choose what you want to see.

No "magic seats". Well, what can I say... they were really useful, but perhaps not necessary considering this is a bigger car.

Other observations then, neither ups nor downs...
- The steering of this car is a lot better than the one I tried our earlier (I remember people were really confused that I didn't like it). This car has a very crisp and direct steering and behaves well (the other car felt like the battleship Missouri...).

- The HFT doesn't work altogheter with my phone, which is strange. I have been trying to make a phone call but was irritated it didn't work and "crashed" the system. I found a site to check the phone on (Honda Handsfree) and sure enough, the modern phone I have (a Nokia E66) is not compatible with the HFT. The only thing not working is the calling from the HFT. All other things work, which is bugging me. Why is that? Is there any upgrade to the HFT coming???

- The connections with the sound system via aux and usb etc, is working perfectly - but the compartment is too far back for me to be able to work with it properly. Since I have short legs, my seat is pulled up to the front quite a lot.

Summa summarum: I really love this car! In spite of the small (very small) interface things. Let's hope the next Accord will be at least as good as this one ... and as good-looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2009, 11:20
The Property Man

Car: 2007 VW Beetle 1.6
i think these are def nice cars..lovely build..think they are very refined too when it comes to getting the power in...

nice write up dude
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2009, 11:45
COTM Feb 2012

Car: Aston V12 Vantage S
nice write up!! strange to hear the phone doesnt work ....???

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2009, 11:47
Supporter

Car: 13 CRV / 14 Accord / 04 S2K
The dashboard indeed will be a problem of you switch from Civic to other car.
Civic instruments are about the best there is, layout, ergonomics.. Satnav is a pleasure to use. Position of Satnav and digital speedo is also perfect!
No need to get your eyes of the road to see speed or satnav!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 25th April 2009, 08:05

Good write up. I'm also in my second week and am really impressed with the Accord (2.2 iDtec EX GT Tourer-manual). Ride and handling are superb. You can chuck it around if you like but it will also handle long motorway journeys effortlessly. Steering and gearchange are lovely to use and it feels so well put together. I don't think I'll ever get bored of the electric tailgate!

I have same issue with my Nokia. Must be Honda not getting on with Nokia. Won't import phonebook but voice dialling works fine. I think a way round it might be to manually save phone number in destination/favourites screen in sat nav and dial out from there?? It works for Home destination but just a faff to enter.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 25th April 2009, 11:22
Administrator

Car: 2016 Ford Kuga Titanium
Thanked 1,059 Times in 761 Posts
Great Review

Sounds like a great car so congratulations and I hope you can solve the HFT problems
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 25th April 2009, 16:47
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
HFT problems sound like a bit of a concern, other than that sounds great.

Seats are very nice in the new Accord.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 29th April 2009, 14:20
Gordons Honda

glad you like the accord take a look on
www.thaoc.co.uk

for more info
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 29th April 2009, 15:31
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
The accord could be my next car too... or maybe another civic.

I agree with Happyman, great review.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 29th April 2009, 15:33
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l-noel View Post
The accord could be my next car too...
They are just very expensive once I have loaded all the toys I have in my Civic.

An Accord Executive with Sat Nav is a bit expensive in my mind.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 30th April 2009, 12:45

Car: CTR SILVER
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOCA View Post
Power! Oh yes, the power. 201 BHP instead of 83 makes a huge difference. I still enjoy getting my body pressed to the seats...

do you think that the power is adequate? would you consider that this car is fast? i know that it has 201bhp but the specs showing that it is relatively slow because of weight . i ask because i'm interest of buying the same car

Last edited by GEOFD1; 30th April 2009 at 12:50.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Accord

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page