Parrot CK3000 car kit WAY too loud - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 27th May 2009, 17:08 Thread Starter

Parrot CK3000 car kit WAY too loud

Hi
I have an Accord '53 Executive (no sat nav) that I've had a Parrot CK3000 Evolution car kit fitted to. The car kit was actually a present I received that was originally purchased at Halfords and came with free fitting. Good old Halfords...after 2 hours of trying the fitter simply said he didn't know how to fit it! Great! No wonder they can offer free fitting!!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I found an alternative fitter who fitted it and wired it all up. Unfortunately the sound is WAY too loud...as in it makes your ears hurt listening to it. I've adjusted the volume on the CK3000 itself and on the phone I'm using, but to no avail. I've made some enquiries to try and work out why this is and it seems there are two possibilites:

1) Halfords supplied the wrong lead that connects the car kit to the hifi

2) According to an email I had from the Parrot UK Technical & User Support Manager:
"The Honda Accord with Premium sound system indicates the stereo system is amplified. If you have plugged the lead into the radio the CK3000 Evolution is feeding its sound to the amp instead of the speakers and as a result is over amplified.
The amp should be located at the bottom of your centre console (behind dash panels) and has the same connectors as your stereo. The adaptor lead and CK3000 Evolution wiring will need to be connected here, post amp"

Now I have to admit, my suspicion is that option 1 is the more valid of the two! The Parrot response sounds like a fob off to be honest...surely there isn't more than one place that you can plug the car kit connector into is there?!?

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on this and how to sort it out, I would be hugely grateful!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 27th May 2009, 18:51

If you aren't happy with the kit go back to the fitter and ask him to do it properly
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 28th May 2009, 15:13 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylon2007 View Post
If you aren't happy with the kit go back to the fitter and ask him to do it properly
If it looks like it's his fitting that is at fault then I will certainly get in touch with him, but I wanted to try and find out whether the problem has indeed been caused by his fitting or whether it was due to an incorrect lead supplied by Halfords. If it's the latter, then I don't have much come back on the fitter...

As far as I can tell (from much web searching!), there is only one place to attach the car kit to the hifi so I don't see how it could be the fitting that is the problem - but I was wondering if anyone knew for definite.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Accord

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page