Accord Sat Nav Upgrade - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th July 2009, 15:10 Thread Starter

Accord Sat Nav Upgrade

Hi, I have a 2002 (on 51 plate) Accord Exec saloon with the Honda Nav System built in to the dash.

I want to upgrade the screen unit to a touch sensitive system or a system that will allow post code entries (hopefully with blue tooth for phone as well). I have the Bose stereo (CD) and quite like the sound so do not want to lose that.

Is there a Nav System/CD/DVD player/ blue tooth system that I can fit into the existing position and hook up to the existing stereo? Does Honda produce a more upto date unit that will fit?

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th July 2009, 15:44
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
I'm going to guess that you are going to have to replace all the components - ideally from a scrapped facelift car.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th July 2009, 10:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks - not what I really wanted to do but it looks like I have no choice.

Does anyone know of a unit that will fit into the existing sat nav display without modifications to the structure/surround/fascia??

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th July 2009, 10:21
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 8th July 2009, 22:15

You will need to get hold of a metra dash adaptor from the states, you wont be able to utilise the bose in your car, wich isnt all that great a unit anyway, bang in a pioneer touchscreen and you are laughing, quite a bit of wiring will be involved, look on the american tsx forums, many people have done this mod over there.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th July 2009, 00:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks wassap. Have had a look at the various tsx forums, couldn't find much. Although there is plenty of equipment around it seems that I will have to make a bespoke fascia (sat nav display located below vents) and am not sure if the mount is 2 DIN, so might stay with the Honda system although the cost of updates is a rip off and the system is slow to work with.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Accord

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page