Accord 2000 - removing Bose - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 9th February 2010, 15:32 Thread Starter

Accord 2000 - removing Bose

Hi all,

I'm a little confused because people are telling me different things with regards to removing the stereo unit.

Some say it's bolted in and that the entire dash has to be removed and others say that you can remove it by slipping some strip keys into the sides.

I have the issue where I saw the error code (EEE) which usually means that the CD changer has been disconnected. (My car has the changer in the boot and its connection back there is ok).

So, I thought maybe I should remove the stereo and check the connection on the back.

If anyone can give me any sound info on if it's possible or not without removing dash that would be great!

thanks.

Sly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 20th February 2010, 11:07

Car: 2012 civic 2.2 executive wh.

I owned a 99 accord. I changed the stereo unit. I had to remove the cover that covers the instruments to get to the screws that holds the player in place. The connector that sits behind the player can not be used against standard iso connectors, you need an adapter or extension pieces to splice the wires. I got the schematics from the dealer showing the polarity of the speakers (if you choose not to use an external amplifier), signal cables and the control signal for the antenna motor. In the trunk under the window you'll find the amplifier for the bose subwoofer, you can use the signal cables running to it as rca cables if you choose to mount an own amplifier (but the best is of course to mount new cables as the stock cables are of rather poor quality). If you have some knowledge of electronics you'll do just fine.

The cover that you need to remove will pop rigt out if you use a bit force, be careful so you don't break the clips.

This link will show the dash stripped. You'll see the clip holes here.

http://www.bildelsbasen.se/?index=de...st_id=13202772

Last edited by Rg6000; 20th February 2010 at 11:11.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 6th October 2010, 00:55

hi there about your head unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyzaar View Post
Hi all,

I'm a little confused because people are telling me different things with regards to removing the stereo unit.

Some say it's bolted in and that the entire dash has to be removed and others say that you can remove it by slipping some strip keys into the sides.

I have the issue where I saw the error code (EEE) which usually means that the CD changer has been disconnected. (My car has the changer in the boot and its connection back there is ok).

So, I thought maybe I should remove the stereo and check the connection on the back.

If anyone can give me any sound info on if it's possible or not without removing dash that would be great!

thanks.

Sly
i had the query then i found out that they where bolted in with four bolts but you don't have to take all the dash out you can take the glove box out and the panel under the steering columand get to the bolts as for wiring go to halfords for iso lead like ifoud out you could

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 6th October 2010, 01:51
Supporter

Car: NHB 07 Civic SE.
I had a 2000 Accord,I was told by a guy from Halford that I needed to get at it from under the unit,eg the centre console,the bit by gear stick etc,it sounded hard to do,but I managed it really easily.
If no luck,ask advise at your local I.C.E. fitting place or try looking on Google.
Hope that helps.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Accord

Tags
accord , bose , eee , removal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page