Adjust HID's for Europe? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 16th March 2010, 15:38 Thread Starter

Car: Audi A5 Sportback
Eco display
Adjust HID's for Europe?

Hi All,

Anyone know if it's possible to adjust the headlights for europe? Do they even need doing?

I did ask my local dealer and they seemed to think it's not possible

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 16th March 2010, 16:08

Car: 2012 2.2 i-dtec EX GT
Hi,

'Yes' they do need doing as you will be driving on the right hand side of the road and the beam will blind oncoming traffic.

It's pretty easy to do for the HID's on the Civic. Not sure about the Accord though. If it's any help, the Civic adjustment procedure is here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/a/3060-...eadlights.html

Steve

Last edited by elegance; 16th March 2010 at 16:13.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 16th March 2010, 16:19 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegance View Post
Hi,

'Yes' they do need doing as you will be driving on the right hand side of the road and the beam will blind oncoming traffic.

It's pretty easy to do for the HID's on the Civic. Not sure about the Accord though. If it's any help, the Civic adjustment procedure is here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/a/3060-...eadlights.html

Steve
I appreciate they need 'adjusting' - coming from a Civic to Accord; I didnt know if they were subject to the same changes or if the beam was the same height and spread across the road...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 16th March 2010, 16:37

Car: 2012 2.2 i-dtec EX GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by St3ve View Post
I appreciate they need 'adjusting' - coming from a Civic to Accord; I didnt know if they were subject to the same changes or if the beam was the same height and spread across the road...
You seemed to have missed the point, nothing to do with whether you came from a Civic to an Accord or VW Golf or whatever. A car's beam in the UK will always be set-up slightly to the nearside.

I was therefore answering your question "Do they even need doing"? The answer is an emphatic 'YES'. Adjust them by trial and error, it's not an exact science.

Clear now?

Steve

Last edited by elegance; 16th March 2010 at 17:02.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 16th March 2010, 17:35 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegance View Post
I don't know why I even bothered to answer you. I should of just said 'do a search'

You have missed the point, nothing to do with whether it's a Civic or Accord or VW Golf. A car's beam in the UK will always be set-up slightly to the nearside.

I was therefore answering your question "Do they even need doing"? The answer is an emphatic 'YES'. Clear now?

Steve
Perhaps I've not been overly concise with my question.

I shall direct you to a picture from Pottsy's review which is showing a level beam with no apparant flick to the LHS.

My point was in essence as I've observed similar behaviour on my car, as to weather HID's did need to be adjusted for continental driving, or if they were setup from the factory to suit both driving orientations.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 20th April 2018, 16:22

Car: 2012 2.2 Diesel Civic
Send a message via AIM to Al1312 Send a message via MSN to Al1312 Send a message via Yahoo to Al1312
Hi,
Very good instructions on how to raise or lower the beam height in the link you gave Steve but unfortunately this does not change the kickup from L to R which is what you need for continental driving.
Al

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Accord

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page