2Likes
  • 1 Post By cb550
  • 1 Post By cb550

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th March 2018, 17:17 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, Audi TT 190
Viewing an Accord 2.4 this week

Not being able to shake off the little voice in my ear ' treat yourself to something a little indulgent', today I test drove an '05 Audi TT. Car looked spot on with pale blue metallic paint and red heated leather. Unfortunately, after being started with a battery pack, half the dash warning lights stayed on, on take off 1st gear 'grumbled' together with a steady drone above 30 mph. Other than all that it was ok !

Anyway, after the shock of discovering Audi's are very capable of turning to dogs, I turned my attention to Type R's and Accord 2.4's. Found a 2.4 Accord auto, and planning to view wednesday, also will be bringing the car back if all ok. Got a feeling could be having an enjoyable drive back to Notts.

P.S. anyone looking for a rock solid runabout-trusty Fiesta mk 5 with 4 months mot. Never let me down and drives as well as the day it was bought, nearly 2 years ago. Will be putting on cars for sale if all well with the Accord.
Farqui likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th March 2018, 18:21
Bye bye Honda...

Car: Volvo V60 VEA D4 (181)
Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,043 Posts
Good luck with the Accord. They are such a lovely car to drive and I really do miss mine.

Only criticism you generally hear about 2.4 autos is how thirsty they can be! But if it's an older one then check out the rear arches and bonnet front underside for rust.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th March 2018, 18:44 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_G View Post
Good luck with the Accord. They are such a lovely car to drive and I really do miss mine.

Only criticism you generally hear about 2.4 autos is how thirsty they can be! But if it's an older one then check out the rear arches and bonnet front underside for rust.
Thanks for info'. Yes I'm expecting it'll like a little drink. Still, not doing many miles-3 to 4k a year, providing I bear all that in mind should all be ok

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 7th April 2018, 14:15 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Decided not to go for the Accord-pretty sure it was going to be a good one and would have took it if all above board.

Because of the length of the car, parked outside the house on the road, the back end might have intruded a little too much/close to the drive way entrance at the house side. Being a very busy road, not wishing to make reversing the civic down there more difficult for 'missus.

Went back to looking at TT's and found what seems a good one. On an '06 apparently with 190 bhp. Definitely got a spring in its step !
Jon_G likes this.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Accord

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page