Join Date: 11th September 2006
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Considering buying 2.4
I'm going to give the civic to my wife, so i'm considering a bigger(and better) car.
Well, the search currently stopped on accord 2.4. Audi and bmw were too expensive.
I quite like the accord, the interior is a bit more serious than of the civic, but it is a nice ride.
Since the waiting time (in Croatia) for the diesel is 6(!) months, i'm considering about buying the 2.4 version. It has the executive pack, and i got a fairly good price for it.
I have some questions, so it would be very helpful if somebody who owns a similar car would be willing to provide some answers:
1. I can get the automatic or manual for the same price. I am aiming for the automatic, is it good, or should I get the manual transmission instead?
2. What are the weakest things of the car? With civic it was the thin paint that chips and scratches easily, and rough suspension.
3. Is the 2.4 euro5 or euro4? What is the mileage when driving in the city?
4. Is the quality of the leather on the seats ok?
5. I have read technical specification on honda croatia website, and there is stated that 2.4 with manual transmission goes 0-100kmh in 7,8 seconds while automatic transmission gets from 0-100kmh in 9,7s. That's almost 2 seconds later?! Is there a sport mode or something in automatic transmission which gives better accelerating times?
Last edited by joora; 26th May 2010 at 16:17.