The turbo lag and engine rattle sound wrong to me. Never noticed an issue with lag, and the rattle (diesel noises) are cured with the latest software update (well, the one around about Sept last year).
The steering is dead around the centre, and that was the one thing that stopped me from getting an Accord. I decided I wanted proper hydraulic steering, like the old Accord. The leg room is not great, but I only sit in the front!
To get a better car though, I had to look very hard, and had to spend more money. For me it was the new E class - nothing else for me was a better bet than the Accord.
Sorry, but you can not compare E class with Accord.
C class vs. accord is more realistic.
I'm, owner of Accord 2,2 2009, tourer, 18" Sigma wheels (1 year).
- engine noise at low speeds (I expected more, new Mazda 6 2,2 is better)
- good steering but to soft (but nothing critical)
(The steering is dead around the centre)-I do not agree,
- ride quality on 18" wheels doesn't mach the best in the class (fine adjustment must be done)
- nice design, sporty look
- good gear
- nice interior
- very good seats
- engine is pulling good (more power would be better of course
), but is still good (with chip tuning will be stronger with more dynamic)
- is very good car on the long distances and fast open roads, (not so good in the town - minus: engine noise and comfort with 18" wheels on bad city roads)
- the leg room is good enough
- equipment is briliant
What I would improve?
1. Engine noise (priority)
2. Steering needs more filling
3. Better/another adjustment of the shock-absorbers
4. More power (150 kW at least) is desired
"the rattle (diesel noises) are cured with the latest software update "
Only software update is enough??