Newbie - Honda Accord owner with a few questions! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 19th July 2010, 11:32 Thread Starter

Newbie - Honda Accord owner with a few questions!

Hi All,

I last week left a deposit for a 06 Honda Accord 2.4 EX Auto which I will be getting this week .

Having only owned either VW or BMW's, the world of Japanese cars is new to me so joined this forum with the intention of learning more about them as well!.

Anyway, had a few questions:

- The Accord has a Premium 6 CD player and SATNAV unit. Does anyone know if this will play MP3 CD-R's or is there any way of it playing MP3's? It is simply marketed as '6 CD Player with RDS' so it doesn't give me this info.

- I did inspect the car as throughly as possible and all looked in order. Still before paying the full amount is there anything in particular I should check to ensure it is all sound?

- What is the 'real' economy like on the 2.4 I-VTEC Auto? I noticed when I test drove that the car was averaging 29.4MPG. It's not to far off the quoted manufacterer figures but can it do better than this?

Thanks for help in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 19th July 2010, 21:31

Car: Audi A5 Sportback
Eco display
Hi,

Not sure how this compares as have a 2009 Accord...

MP3 - Should do; May even have an AUX in somewhere in the centre console under the arm rest.

You could speak to Honda to see what the service/warranty history is for that car; they may be willing to help.

Not sure on the latter as I have the diesel.

HTH
Thanks to St3ve from:
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 20th July 2010, 11:41 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for your reply. I did ask the dealer (as it is a approved used car) and he wasn't sure.

Also, I have another question. The car was sold to me as being with '2 registered keepers' and as I was buying from the dealer I didn't take much notice of doing a HPI check. When I asked the dealer about the previous owners I was told that Honda owned it first, then a private owner (this all sounded fine).

However, a friend had one check remaining in a bulk purchase of HPI checks so he had one to waste so I used this for the car I have left a deposit on. This came back with a discrepancy - that the car has 3 owners (with me potentially being the 4th).

I spoke to the dealership and they said that its had two owners, so I also did a My Text Check and this revealed 3 owners also.

A 4 year old car with 3 previous owners is slightly worrying and I am concerned about this. I've only left a deposit so not sure what I can do.

I will speak to the dealer about this this evening but does this sound normal to anyone?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 20th July 2010, 12:08
Supporter

Car: 2016 CTR FK2 GT - Milano
Dealer told me my FN2 only had 2 previous owners, after I got my V5C it was clear it had four previous owners. Another Dealer told my Dad his Type S had two previous owners, when he got his log book it turned out to only have had one previous owner.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 20th July 2010, 13:13 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Did you kick up a fuss about it or did you just accept it. Where the previous owners of your FN2 Civic Honda themselves?

The thing is I've got a website printout of the dealer, clearly stating its only got 2 previous owners.

I'm concerned as to when I come to sell or P/X time, 4 previous owners may be off-putting to a potential buyer. Although by the time I sell it it may well be 7 years old so it might be perfectly acceptable?!

They are basically telling me that the last owner will appear as Honda Limited on the V5C and its not considered as a 'private owner' despite on paper it technically is.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 20th July 2010, 13:18
Supporter

I did at first yes, but it wasn't going anywhere. Honda UK pushed blame onto the dealers and the dealers didn't really care. I have to admit after a while I gave up the fight and just accepted it. I notice your from Herts, this isn't Brayley Honda by any chance? I only could find out who the last owner was, and it wasnt Honda.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 20th July 2010, 13:33 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

No not Brayley but was about to buy one from them. I have only left a 5% deposit so luckily I haven’t parted with the full whack. I’m going to go in and demand to see the V5C they hold today to prove so if it doesn’t check out then I will have to ask my deposit back I guess or reluctantly, consider losing the deposit and refusing to pay the rest. Shame as the car is great L
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 20th July 2010, 14:22
Supporter

Well you have a genuine reason for wanting your deposit back, if they don't give it I'd threaten legal action as they miss-sold the car.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 25th July 2010, 06:21
Supporter

Car: 2008 CW FD2 CTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDA-AK View Post
Hi All,

I last week left a deposit for a 06 Honda Accord 2.4 EX Auto which I will be getting this week .

Having only owned either VW or BMW's, the world of Japanese cars is new to me so joined this forum with the intention of learning more about them as well!.

Anyway, had a few questions:

- The Accord has a Premium 6 CD player and SATNAV unit. Does anyone know if this will play MP3 CD-R's or is there any way of it playing MP3's? It is simply marketed as '6 CD Player with RDS' so it doesn't give me this info.

- I did inspect the car as throughly as possible and all looked in order. Still before paying the full amount is there anything in particular I should check to ensure it is all sound?

- What is the 'real' economy like on the 2.4 I-VTEC Auto? I noticed when I test drove that the car was averaging 29.4MPG. It's not to far off the quoted manufacterer figures but can it do better than this?

Thanks for help in advance.
I have the pre-facelift 05 exec with Premium Sound System, 6CD changer but with out the sat nav, it will not play MP3 CDs. There is no aux port for an MP3 player. However, you can install an x-carlink or similar to connect your ipod, MP3 player to the headunit.

As for number of previous owners. I would go back to the dealer. They are advertising the car as having 2 previous owners, the HPI shows it to be 3 and you will be the fourth. If your happy with this discrepancy continue. If not get more money knocked off. Or ask for your deposit back and walk way as the car is not as described.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 25th July 2010, 09:22
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
On the number of owners topic, if the dealer owns the car currently they are the 3rd owner.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Accord

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page