2010 Accord - Grown up Civic with the fun removed - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st July 2010, 12:29 Thread Starter

2010 Accord - Grown up Civic with the fun removed

Well, after 3 years of a Civix CDTi EX I am now the proud owner of an Accord iDTEC EX.

After 1500 miles, I thought I'd summarise my findings between the 2 steeds..

Civic

(+) Great fun, handling, economy, space and practicality
(-) Very noisy suspension, hard ride, crap radio reception and a few too many faults (repaired under warranty) for my perceived quality of a Honda.

Accord

(+) Very refined, good handling and ride, very comfortable and the best standard fit hi-fi of any car I have owned. Voice commands and dialling are understood!! Super slick gearbox.
(-) Tight legroom in the back, boot not nearly as good as a hatchback, the grin has gone from my face replaced with a contented middle aged smirk.

Economy so far has been 44 mpg, so getting better as the engine loosens up.

Summary as per thread title - a grown up Civic which is better in most respects, but with the fun gone!! (boo-hoo)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2010, 16:00

Car: Audi A5 Sportback
Eco display
Have to agree with your thoughts...I've got the Type-S, so just as good as the Civic
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 6th October 2010, 16:55

Hi Hairycamel,
I've just bought a 57 plate Accord Sport GT. I kind of agree with your comments - the ride is good, and the gearbox and voice commenads are excellent. I'm certainly not disappointed with the performance as it still shifts for a large car. However, I have booked it in for a Celtic Tuning remap on 19th October to get up to 192bhp, which should transform the car. CT has been highly recommended by loads of people on these forums so I'm going for it, despite potentially jeopardising any warranty.

Have you thought about doing something similar as it'd surely increase your driving enjoyment?

Regarding economy - I've only had my car 2 weeks (57 plate remember, so should laready be well run in at 41k miles) and my economy has been really good. I'm averaging 48mpg and recently returned over 57mpg on a run to London and back from Southampton, and that wasn't going slowly either.
My journey to work is a steady 40mph run of about 14 miles and I get very close to 50mpg. Coming from an M3 before this car I can't complement this economy enough!!!

Enjoy.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 6th October 2010, 17:01
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Very good summary! The Tourer will give you better boot space of course.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Accord

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page