Cdti 2.2 executive anything to look out for? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10th August 2010, 21:30 Thread Starter

Cdti 2.2 executive anything to look out for?

I am looking for a decent low mileage Accord 2.2 CDTi Executive, have test driven a couple of 06s one with the Sat Nav spec the other without, what price would you expect to pay for an 06 44k miles no Nav, lookng to find one pretty quickly so need some advice on what to look for faults etc?

Thanks Dale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12th August 2010, 16:59
Supporter

Car: 2007 2.2 Civic EX
didnt think the EX came without the Nav? ... Everyone I looked at had it.
Cheapest I could find an EX for was 10K on an 07 plate with 35000 on the clock if thats any help ... (dealer price.).

Autotrader is your friend .... you can setup searches which will email you when a new match comes in ... thats what I did.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 13th August 2010, 20:22

Autrader and the Honda dealers (they have better ones). I own one of these; no major troubles other than a low-rev cutting out; now fixed hopefully (a coked-up ECG apparently due to a very low mileage and elderly previous owner).

The Exec has full leather as standard (well worth the extra over a Sport); the larger wheels can spoil the ride comfort a bit but look better. A noisy clutch pedal can be a problem too and mine suffered from it after 50k miles. Get one with a Honda FSH and you should have little trouble; I paid extra for an extended warranty too.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th August 2010, 01:59 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

The two I looked at where both 06s Executive Models one with Satnav the other without, I think the Satnav became Standard in late 06 with the Ex Executive, I dipped both to check the oil read somewhere that the 2.2 CDTi is prone to using oil and can go very low after just a few thousand miles so needs regular checks?

On the test drive of the 06 with 66k on the clock I found the engine very quiet so quiet I could hear a slight wine when I accelerated slowly, it sounded like the Alternater or maybe the Turbo? but very little indication that I was driving a Diesel, is this something you have heard on your CDTis?

I have actually switched to searching for a Tourer could be more practical in the long run a bit more expensive but worth it I feel.

Thanks for your replys.

Regards Dale.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th August 2010, 23:15

My CDTi uses less than half a litre of oil between services; I bought a spare 1 litre of oil 18 months ago and have never opened it. Having said that the service manager at Pheonix Honda in Stirling said that he's known these to use 5 litres of oil between services, so I think mine has done well. I also fancied a tourer originally but they were a grand more expensive and it was very hard to find a low mileage one. At the end of the day I re-evaluated the need for an estate car (a couple of trips a year on holiday maybe and some trips to the tip) and decided to go with the saloon; the boot isn't massive but we get luggage for 4 for two weeks holiday in easily. The noise could be the turbo but I think it tends to come in nearer 2,000 revs, not sure though. Personally I just buy a decent map and do without sat nav.:
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th August 2010, 21:29 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Well I too went for the Saloon also, an 07 Executive with 73k on the Clock looks and runs very well, has Satnav and HFT, full service History 1 owner 7325 with 3 months Warranty, thought I did ok?

Dale
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 15th September 2010, 21:57

To make the car nicer to drive consider a remap, something to keep an eye on is clutch slip a remap will bring it on quicker. Might be an idea to get a dealer to check the cruise control switch under the clutch pedal as this was adjusted incorrectly at the factory so the clutch is riding slightly and the adjuster works harder than it should leading to slip.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th April 2011, 00:43

Car: 2012 F10 BMW 520D
Sounds like a good deal.

Nice to see you here too Ian (sturgi)
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 28th August 2011, 15:10

I've been offered a 58 plate (previous shape) EX 2.2 for 13K from the dealer. Done 38K miles. 3 year warranty and includes road tax.

What do you think?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 28th August 2011, 23:08

Car: 2012 F10 BMW 520D
Wow don't think I've ever seen a 58 reg 7th gen... but I'm sure they may exist. Not sure on values, how does it compare to other stuff out there?
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 29th August 2011, 10:47

Dealer prices tend to be 2-3 K over private and indie sellers. The salesperson thinks he's giving me a great deal, but I'm baulking at the price.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 29th November 2011, 20:34

Car: 2004 cdti ex (ex demo) mapd!
poss probs with ex (exec)

watch out for the sat nav disc they are double sided and bloody expensive to replace and they must be from the same sort of year to be compatible! leather seats are standard with lower mileage cars no probs but if not cared for the drivers bolster tends to have loss of colour and sags marginally, so make sure the seats are regularly fed. only other probs ive had are fag lighter not working and more annoyingly than anything else the occasional bulb going usually in the heated seat switch rocker (thats just me being pinicaty i suppose) ive now covered 153k in mine - mostly motorway mileage had no probs with clutch which i replaced at 66k or near as damn it and then remapped it with celtic tuning for a bit more punch (193bhp) big difference in torque and band also has custom induction and cat/filters removed. as with all cdtis as long as maintence is regular and the right oil used theyre good for top end of 250k on original engines. only thing to watch for in that respect is noisy valves at about 2.5k plus if theyve been driven hard so listen carefully! im looking at a tourer right now (ex) with 58 on her for about 9k with full service and 1 owner but thats from a honda trader, you can pick up an 04/5 plate for much less if mileage is not necessary a consideration good luck mate and let us know how u get on cheers, al
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 23rd August 2014, 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrobertson68 View Post
My CDTi uses less than half a litre of oil between services; I bought a spare 1 litre of oil 18 months ago and have never opened it. Having said that the service manager at Pheonix Honda in Stirling said that he's known these to use 5 litres of oil between services, so I think mine has done well.
5L in between services??! Isn`t that crazy? Than you don`t need an oil change i suppose. Is this true? Do these engines need so much oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan crx View Post
only thing to watch for in that respect is noisy valves at about 2.5k plus if theyve been driven hard so listen carefully!
Even if they have been hard, taping isn`t cured with valve lash adjustment?

Old threar i know, but i`m looking in buying an accord soon, so looking to find out where they ache the most.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 23rd August 2014, 09:43
Bye bye Honda...

Car: Volvo V60 VEA D4 (181)
Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiD666 View Post
5L in between services??! Isn`t that crazy? Than you don`t need an oil change i suppose. Is this true? Do these engines need so much oil?

Even if they have been hard, taping isn`t cured with valve lash adjustment?

Old threar i know, but i`m looking in buying an accord soon, so looking to find out where they ache the most.
Petrol models have very reliable engines but the 2.4 does load the driveshafts, so check for wear as these can be expensive.

Diesel ones have a few issues (especially cracked exhaust manifolds, worn timing chains, slipping clutches). A well-documented history is essential. Are you looking for petrol or diesel? How old?

Generally they are very well built cars with hardly any bodywork, interior or suspension problems. Tourer (estate) models do often suffer from binding rear brakes.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Accord

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page