Where has UK Accord owners/THAOC forum gone? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2010, 18:28 Thread Starter

Where has UK Accord owners/THAOC forum gone?

Does anyone know? When I search for it all I get are expired website domains. It seems to have been the main forum for UK Accord owners, I'm just looking to buy an Accord, and this forum is v helpful, but that looked like it had a higher volume of posts.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2010, 18:44
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Hmm seems to be gone..

We have an Accord section, but it is quite small.

Most other Accord forums are very US centric.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2010, 19:42

Around summer, it seemed to have split in two sites for a very short period. Seems the site owners had a dispute or something ... not very clear to me.

It's going on now as TypeAccord-UK's Premier Honda Accord Owners Club Resource Forum

BUT: a lot of posts from thaoc are no longer hosted on typeaccord

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2010, 20:23
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Looks like you are right - I found this too:

The temporary home of THAOC :: Index

There are only a few threads, and the only one you can access without a log in says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAOC
First of all I apologise for taking the board offline without notice. But it allowed me to rearrange the board to preseve THAOC.

Yes I have had to disable THAOC and notify Mark. I have sat idly by watching what has been unfolding and some of the posts that were appearing and content was going to be border legal problems. I've been friends with Mark since the beginning and am certain he would not have allowed the content on. The way it was going was just destroying THAOC for what it was and I decided to put a stop to it before it got more out of hand, I've contacted Mark and he has been having pc problems but says the site should be up soon, until then it will stay as such without mods. I may not be an active admin here anymore but we set this place up and i did not want the name tarnished further.

I have to let Mark decide on what he wants to do with the place and I won't decide who runs the place without Marks say, I will keep the board alive until Mark's return.

Odd.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2010, 22:28 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Yes I read that cryptic post and wondered if anyone here would know what happened. I'll check out that other forum-all the others I've seen are very american focused.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2010, 09:16

There is another forum on the European Accord: http://accord2008.net

Small detail: you have to understand german. They had an interesting discussion on the differences between the 150 BHP diesel and the Type S diesel which isn't available in most continental European countries (except Switserland, Poland ...).
Thanks to Q149 from:
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2010, 18:54
Dr. Evil

Funnily enough I just switched from Accord ownership, and was a regular on that site, lol.

First off, the THAOC site died due to the host pulling the plug on all its sites. The temporary one was set up. A short time later, some of the moderators split off and made their own site, TypeAccord. Then, for some reason, one of the moderators from that site, who was still a moderator on THAOC, turned the site off. That was nearly a month back now. At the mo, for Accord owners in the UK your best bet is TypeAccord, but be wary, the mods are quite strict on there. Good guys though, but strict.
Thanks to JohnnyBoy from:
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 8th April 2011, 01:00

Car: 2012 F10 BMW 520D
^^^ LOL I presume you're talking about us there JB Awesome!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 8th April 2011, 10:16

Car: 2012(62) 1.8 ES
Quote:
Originally Posted by eustachio View Post
Does anyone know? When I search for it all I get are expired website domains. It seems to have been the main forum for UK Accord owners, I'm just looking to buy an Accord, and this forum is v helpful, but that looked like it had a higher volume of posts.

Thanks
Here you go:

TypeAccord - UK's Premier Honda Accord Owners Club Resource Forum

Ian
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 14th April 2011, 06:31
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6HAD View Post
^^^ LOL I presume you're talking about us there JB Awesome!
Yeah, this guy is the worst, beware!
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 15th April 2011, 00:45

Yeah did you tell the Civinfo guys I booted you off there you reject
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 15th April 2011, 21:58
Dr. Evil

Tis true. I had to sell my accord in shame and buy a civic!
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 16th April 2011, 12:43

Jokin aside you should post there from time to time... try as we might, we just haven't managed to find a replacement scouse jester we can rib from time to time
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 17th April 2011, 23:11
Dr. Evil

I do look in from time to time, but 95% of my online time is in work when I'm bored, and for some reason our internet filters block typeaccord
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 17th April 2011, 23:24

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 21st April 2011, 02:04

Sorry all, this post just came to my attention. There isn't really anything cryptic . Basically i set up the site with Mark, but Mark had pure domain access so I couldn't do anything when our forum hosts went bust i think?? Even I'm not sure what happened to IPBfree.

With lack of domain access and wanting to take the club forwards, I had no choice but to start TypeAccord...I think mark is busy doing other things in his life now , in the mean time while setting the new place posts were getting stupid with no active admin, hence the shutdown.

As for being strict...lol yes you have to be when trying to establish a new place....it was like a free for all!
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 21st April 2011, 02:19
Dr. Evil

Yeah I pretty much gave up the old site for dead months ago, got rid from my favourites list. Wasn't hinting at anything unsavoury btw, just trying to fill in some blanks, don't know the full story myself.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 25th April 2011, 07:17
Supporter

Its good to see the founders and administrators of TA posting here, after all we share a common love of Honda, the engines are a very similar as are some electrics, SatNav, etc. We do overlap and can share information on a number of levels, with that in mind here is some feedback for you regarding TypeAccord, hopefully constructive.

I can understand a new forum being 'strict' to enable itself to get established and not fall foul of any rules with its supporters, I'm not sure about the attitude that has developed against any car not made by Honda and not made in Japan.

I came across this thread...

All New Accord Owners on TA - TypeAccord - Page 4

...here are a few quotes from one of the Admin on TA regarding the Swindon made Civic and its owners...

Quote:
)no wonder i keep a low profile about the honest truth about the 8th gen on civinfo..I can be perceived as a troubelmaker.B)

No one wants to hear bad things about their pride and joy ..even if they know they are issue with their cars but still beleive one day magically they will disappear.

I love how optimistic civic owners are about the lousy cramshamship as standard on the 8thgen..you cant dream that up

Quote:
The only one which has seen huge benefit from the 8th gen is the Honda dealers across the country made an absolute killing in repairing these lemons. Some dealers were save from the chop just on their overall billing and trade.. I sincerely hope the 9th gen is not the same otherwise HUM should drop the H badge and put a Peugeot badge on it.

Stop insulting the Honda name on the civic

Quote:
Nope .. Sorry don't do Swindon.. why do you want me to look at your civic bud I will kill it rather than fix it.

Why the attitude? Or is it just me reading it wrong? Its not the only example though.

Whenever I come across people who say they speak their mind and tell it how it is, its always an excuse for being rude and arrogant. Coming from an Admin and co-founder of TA comments like this come across like they have the weight of the board behind them, makes you wonder how many people browse this new forum and decide to go elsewhere.

Oh and (just for fun), Admins should be careful, F6HAD was heard to say on 21st Oct last year..

Quote:
I don't really visit the Civic forums but had heard it was full of DIY'ers trying to remap their own cars

How wrong can you be, never mind the irony!

Last edited by btb45; 25th April 2011 at 07:20.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 25th April 2011, 16:00

Well spotted

You are right, people should never assume and I was simply repeating something I'd heard without seeing for myself. As you will see, I'm quite enjoying myself here now amongst like minded people.

As for the comments in the thread you have posted a link to... I really can't comment. TA is owned and run by 4 of us, and the opinions expressed are really only of that one individual.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 25th April 2011, 16:10

Sorry I should also point out that CJ (the individual in question) is a properly nice guy, extremely helpful (ironically that very thread will testify to this) and is a genuine bona fide die hard Honda nut. He lives, breathes and eats Honda and has the oldest Honda Accord in the UK at the moment (which we helped him lovingly restore very recently).

That may go some way to explain his somewhat difficult to swallow views sometimes.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Accord

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page