Accord windows - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 7th September 2011, 22:10 Thread Starter

Car: Countryman. Santa Fe.
Accord windows

Had to phone Honda service today as an odd thing has happened with the new Accord: when I return to it at work or home, it is locked but the four windows are all down by a uniform 3 inches. Apparently the Service Manager said he has dealt with this before and was baffled at first. It is though a design feature - if the car is locked and the key fob unlock button is subsequently pressed for a second or two the car unlocks and windows drop. it then relocks after 45 seconds but the windows stay down. Honda advice is to lock the car, don't put keys in pockets but walk away ensuing the key fob buttons are not pressed.

Strange design feature but I thought I'd share it with other civinfo members (car's still great despite this quirk)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 7th September 2011, 22:14 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Sorry didn't make the point that this has occurred only four or five times in 5 weeks of ownership - it's not a daily event
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 8th September 2011, 14:34

Still poor IMO it should not be like that, infact in all my dealing on TA ive never heard of this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 9th September 2011, 23:27

Car: 2012 F10 BMW 520D
I've never seen this either.. can't even understand what it's purpose would be if it's a supposed design feature?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th September 2011, 09:48 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I dont know its purpose? Maybe ventilation for a dog? The only similar thing i can think of is when the rear hatch window on my 06 Freelander used to slide down on holding the unlock i seem to remember
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th September 2011, 13:27

Car: 2012 F10 BMW 520D
My Astra Coupe and subsequent convertible, and I think my Z4 had these features.. but they sported pillarless doors and the feature was there to ensure a tight seal everytime you shut the doors..
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 14th September 2011, 23:12

Car: 1st gen & 7th Gen Accords
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw65 View Post
Had to phone Honda service today as an odd thing has happened with the new Accord: when I return to it at work or home, it is locked but the four windows are all down by a uniform 3 inches. Apparently the Service Manager said he has dealt with this before and was baffled at first. It is though a design feature - if the car is locked and the key fob unlock button is subsequently pressed for a second or two the car unlocks and windows drop. it then relocks after 45 seconds but the windows stay down. Honda advice is to lock the car, don't put keys in pockets but walk away ensuing the key fob buttons are not pressed.

Strange design feature but I thought I'd share it with other civinfo members (car's still great despite this quirk)

Yup this is a new feature which wasn't on the 7th gen. Honda class this as the Anti-pinch Power Window Operation. European car manufacturers have been doing this for yonks and Honda have finally put this feature in European accord. JDM models too have had this for yonks.

You are right in saying it can be operated by the key fob.. but I find it hard for the unlock button being depressed in your pocket. this operation can only be performed whilst the car is unlocked. If unlock the car and then hold the button for a second time within 10 seconds, the windows and sunroof open. The windows and sunroof stop moving when the unlock button is released.
Thanks to pepster from:
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2011, 21:26 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Youre right. Closer inspection of the manual shows you can open and close windows with the key fob.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2011, 22:06

Phew.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Accord

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page