Fault code p0171 & abs -17 - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 14th May 2012, 01:08 Thread Starter

Fault code p0171 & abs -17

HI
A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO WHEN IT SNOWED I HAD AN INCIDENT WHERE I WENT TO STOP OUTSIDE MY DAUGHTERS SCHOOL AND SKIDDED ONLY ABOUT TWO METRES OR SO WHICH WAS VERY MINOR.
ANYWAY, SINCE THEN, MY VSA, ABS AND THAT TRIANGULAR LIGHT HAS BEEN ON. A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO, I HAD THE CAR DIAGNOSED AND THE GUY HAS TOLD ME THAT IT CAME UP WITH THE FOLLOWING CODES;
P0171 WHICH MEANS FUEL SYSTEM TOO LEAN
ABS -17 WHICH MEANS REAR LEFT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR NOT WORKING OR SHORT.
I ASSUME THAT I WILL NEED A NEW SENSOR FOR THE ABS - 17 FAULT.
BUT NOT SURE HOW TO DEAL WITH P0171. I HAVE READ ABOUT VACUUM LEAKS, BUT NOT SURE HOW YOU CHECK, ALSO HEARD ABOUT MAP SENSOR AND O2 SENSOR COULD BE THE CAUSE BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO DIAGNOSE THESE. I HAVE NOTICED THE CAR DRINKING MORE FUEL TOO. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME AND ADVISE.
I HAVE A 2003 ACCORD 2.4i VTec TYPE S WITH 120,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK IF THAT HELPS.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Accord

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page