How to fit Auto folding mirror module (with pics) - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By The wizard

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2014, 17:09 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2009 2.2 CTDI ES
How to fit Auto folding mirror module (with pics)

OK, I have fitted the auto folding mirror that I bought on ebay Intelligent Auto CAR Rearview Side Mirror KIT Folding System HOT UK STOCK | eBay

I originally thought it would be easier to do this fitting 2 modules, 1 in each door. But on further investigation 1 is enough

You need to connect 4 wires to the mirror switch, 2 wires to the locking, 1 to earth, 1 to permanent 12v & 1 to ignition.

I have wired mine up so that the mirrors fold when I deadlock the car i.e. 2nd press on the remote lock button. This way I don't have to fold them if I know we are due a dumping of snow and risk them freezing solid & burning motor out.

I spent a bit of time trying to locate the locking wires in the car, but couldn't so decided to run these & the permanent power from the drivers door. Bit of fiddle getting wires through the grommet. I removed the speaker to help access.

To remove the mirror switch I removed the A pillar trim and then popped the dash out that holds the air vents & mirror switch as this made removing the switch easy and gave better access to the wires.

Deadlock - Purple to Blue module wire
Unlock - Yellow to Green module wire
(ignore the black wire, I was going to earth unit here, but easier inside car)
!cid_1F06A2CD-0F84-4C51-B6E3-7455681EC6B4.jpg
!cid_58094948-4ACF-447C-9915-B36926315C50.jpg

Permanent 12 Volt - White (biggest wire in loom) in window switch loom to Red module wire.
!cid_4A91D463-DC21-478C-A06C-DF1DFD1FB04E.jpg

Mirror switch wires...
Red, switch side to White module wire
Red, car side to brown module wire
Blue, switch side to Grey module wire
Blue, car side to orange module wire

NOTE, there are 2 lots or red & blue wires. Look at the pic for location and test them. With ignition on one of them will have power and when you press the switch in the power swaps to the other wire. If you have a multimeter the polarity changes from negative to positive and vice versa.

Ignition - Brown to Yellow module wire
!cid_C2902E14-3963-4DF1-9C9B-1FBC9C83EA8C.jpg
!cid_D3400B69-A9AC-4020-BC34-DFE1EBE94909.jpg

Module Earth to 10mm bolt on bonnet catch bracket
!cid_06A50B5A-8EE1-4E26-ACDD-CD9705198E49.jpg

I cable tied the module to a big fat loom under the dash.

All of this was correct for my car (2009 CRV ES) and the module I bought, but you should double check all the wires before connecting yours in case module wire colours differ or module works in a different way.
eddgreen likes this.

Last edited by The wizard; 2nd December 2014 at 17:15. Reason: Missed stuff out!
Thank You to The wizard from 6 Users:

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda CR-V

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page