Honda HR-V - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 16th September 2014, 20:03 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2017 Civic 1.5T Prestige
Honda HR-V

You must have seen the official pictures, but no word on engine line-up.

I'm curious whether Honda will go all out with the new vtec turbo engines. I hope for these engines
1.0 Vtec Turbo 130 Ps
1.5 I-DCD Hybrid about 135 Ps
1.6 idtec 120 Ps

I'd be happy with the base petrol engine. Should be a good price too, somewehere with the Captur and Mokka I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 28th September 2014, 22:11
Nice Guy!

Car: Volvo V40, D4, Se Lux
It does look good in pictures and
videos :
ok this one is for Indonesia but very similar (if not the same) as the forthcoming European version.

will be having a long road test when it hits these shores.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th May 2015, 01:50
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 GT Type S
Not advocating driving like this, but I came across this video on Youtube of the Tiguan 184 ps version.

It's a back to back race several times against a Stage 1 215BHP Golf GTI Mk VI. The outcome is very surprising as especially off the mark the Golf doesn't have it all it's own way:

It just shows how other manufacturers take performance versions of their 4x4's seriously.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 17th May 2015, 00:28
Nice Guy!

Apart from cars like Civic type R & NSX Honda don't tend to go for higher bhp. More a case of that'll do nicely and work on reliability & longevity of an engine instead.

I agree though it would at least be nice to see a awd/4wd option in the HR-V and perhaps a few more bhp wouldn't do any harm (given it's size something around the 150bhp mark sounds about right as a range topper). Don't think it is worth competing against the Juke Nismo (don't see that being on sale much longer)

Last edited by Brodick; 17th May 2015 at 00:30.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 17th May 2015, 11:42
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 GT Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodick View Post
Apart from cars like Civic type R & NSX Honda don't tend to go for higher bhp. More a case of that'll do nicely and work on reliability & longevity of an engine instead.

I agree though it would at least be nice to see a awd/4wd option in the HR-V and perhaps a few more bhp wouldn't do any harm (given it's size something around the 150bhp mark sounds about right as a range topper). Don't think it is worth competing against the Juke Nismo (don't see that being on sale much longer)
It's not just the Nismo though.

Juke Nismo 215 bhp
Toyota Rav 4 151 bhp (previously 190bhp)
VW Tiguan 184 bhp
Seat Leon X-Perience 150 bhp

I also think that the traditional model of charging for BHP is a mistake. Far more, more powerful models would get sold if they kept the price the same as the ordinary model and instead charged on trim level.

Making the most powerful model the range topper might make sense for out and out performance cars ie hot hatches, sports cars and the like, but for ordinary 4x4 or saloon cars, it just stifles sales. Better to have each trim level with several engine options and let people choose what they want from a car, performance or economy, and charge extra for the luxuries not the power.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 17th May 2015, 12:41
Nice Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsone View Post
It's not just the Nismo though.

Juke Nismo 215 bhp
Toyota Rav 4 151 bhp (previously 190bhp)
VW Tiguan 184 bhp
Seat Leon X-Perience 150 bhp

I also think that the traditional model of charging for BHP is a mistake. Far more, more powerful models would get sold if they kept the price the same as the ordinary model and instead charged on trim level.

Making the most powerful model the range topper might make sense for out and out performance cars ie hot hatches, sports cars and the like, but for ordinary 4x4 or saloon cars, it just stifles sales. Better to have each trim level with several engine options and let people choose what they want from a car, performance or economy, and charge extra for the luxuries not the power.
The Toyota, VW and Seat are all bigger cars
Renault captur, vauxhall mokka, Nissan juke, amongst others are what will compete with the HR-V
So around 130bhp sounds about right for the HR-Vs size.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda HR-V

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page