All New Honda Jazz (UK Spec) - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 28th July 2008, 12:59 Thread Starter
Nice Guy!

Car: Volvo V40, D4, Se Lux
All New Honda Jazz (UK Spec)

It's true the jazz will have 1.2 and 1.4 engines b ut according to honda they are all new - it will also have the i-shift no full auto will be offered
( I think this is beacuse of Co2 output!!) anyway full details are below
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Honda will follow-up one of the most successful models in supermini history when its all-new Jazz goes on sale this Autumn. At a time of
rising fuel prices and financial instability, a range of low emission,
high economy petrol engines makes the new model an attractive option for the increasing number of motorists looking to downsize.

By enhancing its strongest qualities, Honda engineers have taken the innovative design and versatility of the current Jazz to the next
stage. Greater flexibility, more interior space and lively, but
economical engines raise the bar even further in a class that’s
struggled to match the Jazz for customer satisfaction and reliability.

The hugely-popular Jazz was always going to be a hard act to follow – simply because of the resounding success of the current car. As well as attracting consistently strong demand from customers in every year since its 2002 launch, the Jazz has also won over 30 industry awards, making it one of the most celebrated models ever.

The sequel builds on this success, with a more stylish, contemporary exterior design to appeal to a broader audience. A slightly larger body style brings better visibility and means Jazz is even more spacious.

And the famous Honda Magic Seats are back – but now they dive down in one action, making carrying large loads even easier. Their versatility is equalled by a new Double-Trunk boot feature in the luggage bay that can be configured in four ways to accommodate different-sized loads. Total luggage space in 1.4 models (with Double Trunk) now measures a huge 399 litres (VDA) – greater than some MPVs and bettering all in the B-sector.

Engines
Two new, low emission petrol engines are designed to appeal to
customers who might be downsizing, as well as those looking to achieve fuel economy comparable to diesel models. Adopting Honda’s i-VTEC variable valve timing technology, the 90PS 1.2-litre and 100PS 1.4-litre engines deliver lively performance with exceptional economy.

The 1.2-litre engine achieves an exceptional 55.4mpg (combined), while CO2 emissions are also improved, at 120g/km. It’s a similar story with the new 1.4-litre engine. Compared to the previous i-DSI unit which produced 83 PS and 119Nm, power is up to 100PS and torque is 127Nm with fuel economy from 54.3mpg (combined) for the manual model. CO2 exhaust emissions are as low as 123g/km.

There's also the option of Honda’s next-generation 6-speed i-SHIFT
automated manual transmission on the 1.4-litre engine – a first in
this class. The unit is a development of the system first fitted to
the Civic, with improvements made including; reduced gear change
times, smoother shifts and more intelligent automatic mode shift
logic. Equipped with this gearbox, the Jazz achieves an impressive
54.3mpg with some models recording an incredible 120g/km of CO2
emissions, putting it in VED Band B, along with the 1.2-litre car.

The new SIL (Shift Indicator Light) fitted to manual models, similar
to that found on the new Accord, provides a visual prompt of the best gear shift points to maximise economy.

Ride comfort has been much improved through a number of suspension revisions, which contribute to the ‘big car feel’ of the new Jazz. Meanwhile, a longer wheelbase (by 50mm) and wider front track (by 35mm) give the car greater agility. Honda’s stability assist, VSA, is now available across the range.

Stopping ability has been increased with larger brake front callipers, and the brake pedal has been tweaked to improve feel. Front ventilated discs and rear discs are matched with ABS, EBD and Brake Assist.

The overall height of Jazz remains the same (1,525mm) but the length of the car has increased slightly by 55mm (to 3,900mm) and it is also slightly wider, by 20mm (to 1,695mm).

Getting in and out is now much easier, thanks to wider-opening rear doors which open in three steps – just like their front counterparts – for added convenience in tight parking spots.

Interior
Once inside, the cabin is now even more spacious for driver and passengers, with greater headroom and an improved driving position.

The slightly increased exterior length and width have helped improve passenger space, as has the ‘pushing forward’ of the windscreen. Rear seat passengers now have 37mm greater kneeroom, while the distance between front and rear passengers is up by 30mm. The slightly wider body also means shoulder room increases by 44mm in the front and 43mm in the rear.

Visibility gets a considerable boost, too. Reduced width A-pillars, a larger windscreen and quarter windows three times the size of those in the previous model make for more relaxed driving, while retractable rear headrests ensure the view out of the rear window is now totally unobscured.

Increasing the feeling of spaciousness and freedom, EX models are equipped with a panorama roof that extends over the rear seats for an expansive sky view. Heat absorbing glass and a power sun shade ensure a comfortable cabin environment.

Elsewhere, high quality materials, stylish design and tasteful colours give the cabin an upmarket feel. More comfortable front seats have been fitted, along with a height adjustable driver’s seat and a steering wheel that’s adjustable for reach and rake on 1.4 models.

A single CD/radio is integrated into the fascia, offering MP3/WMA playback and speed-dependent volume adjustment. In 1.4 EX models, a USB adapter is located in the centre console storage box, which enables fifth generation iPods and a variety of other portable music devices to be played via the Jazz’s audio system.

Safety
The new Jazz benefits from Honda’s ACE body structure, a concept that is being progressively rolled out across the Honda range. In particular a front polygonal main frame helps to prevent misalignment between vehicles of different sizes and construction and multiple energy absorbing pathways disperse impact energy to prevent cabin deformation.

Dual front and side airbags are standard on all models, as are full length side curtain airbags and three-point seatbelts in all five seating positions (those in the front have dual-stage pretensioners).

The front passenger airbag can also be deactivated to allow a rear facing child seat to be fitted to the front seat and for the first time Jazz is equipped with seatbelt reminders for both the front and rear seats. Front seats are also fitted with active headrests to minimise the potential for whiplash injuries.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 28th July 2008, 13:02
Supporter

Now, I really like that.

PS: Wipers look a bit strange?
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 28th July 2008, 14:17 Thread Starter
Nice Guy!
** Thread starter **

Shame it is not at the motor show this week

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 28th July 2008, 15:51
Lord of JAE.....

Car: 58' NHB Type R-GT
I like that too........ hmmmmmm looks very 'Civic' in the interior.....

Tom
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 28th July 2008, 16:12
Supporter

Car: Mazda MX-5 (lightly modded)
Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,415 Posts
Thats very very nice.
I wonder how it will be priced?
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 28th July 2008, 17:16
Supporter

There's an interesting video here on youtube:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NpKjf8...eature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hrg56k5g00k

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gppxu4...eature=related

Last edited by allan40alt; 28th July 2008 at 18:29.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 28th July 2008, 17:16
Arfurs right hand man

Car: 1.8 Civic SE plus Auto 9th G
Garage
New jazz manual will be october time and the I-shift will be in the new year. pricing as yet not confirmed by honda but advised to be 'in-line' with current prices
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 28th July 2008, 18:23
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Dan View Post
New jazz manual will be october time and the I-shift will be in the new year. pricing as yet not confirmed by honda but advised to be 'in-line' with current prices
Making a truly great car even greater.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st August 2008, 15:20
Arfurs right hand man

Car: 1.8 Civic SE plus Auto 9th G
Garage
Please see attached link for the New Jazz website.

Honda (UK) Pass The Jazz
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st August 2008, 17:50
LNT

I'll have to see if I can get a jazz mag...
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 5th August 2008, 11:03
gmp

thanks for info on new jazz,have tried desperately for update from HUK but as normal have been ignored,I have a question tho',will the jazz also come with the cvt transmission and biggest question - WILL IT BE MADE ELSEWHERE THAN UK(hopefully)
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 5th August 2008, 11:13
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmp View Post
thanks for info on new jazz,have tried desperately for update from HUK but as normal have been ignored,I have a question tho',will the jazz also come with the cvt transmission and biggest question - WILL IT BE MADE ELSEWHERE THAN UK(hopefully)
It says it comes with a choice of Honda's next generation 6 speed i-Shift:

There's also the option of Honda’s next-generation 6-speed i-SHIFT
automated manual transmission on the 1.4-litre engine – a first in
this class. The unit is a development of the system first fitted to
the Civic, with improvements made including; reduced gear change
times, smoother shifts and more intelligent automatic mode shift
logic. Equipped with this gearbox, the Jazz achieves an impressive
54.3mpg with some models recording an incredible 120g/km of CO2
emissions, putting it in VED Band B, along with the 1.2-litre car.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 5th August 2008, 11:32
Supporter

Quote:
The Jazz has never been made in the UK. All the Jazz`s for the UK have always been produced in China

Honda (UK) Pass The Jazz
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 5th August 2008, 11:36 Thread Starter
Nice Guy!
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman View Post
The Jazz has never been made in the UK. All the Jazz`s for the UK have always been produced in China

Honda (UK) Pass The Jazz
not always they were built in japan before the factory in china was up and running
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 5th August 2008, 11:38 Thread Starter
Nice Guy!
** Thread starter **

Quote:

Nothing wrong with swindon built cars the CR-V's are solid superb
and would think once the facelifted model starts running out the buils of it will be back to swindon's usual High Standards
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 5th August 2008, 11:44
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodick View Post
Nothing wrong with swindon built cars the CR-V's are solid superb
and would think once the facelifted model starts running out the buils of it will be back to swindon's usual High Standards
Well said Brodick I think there is too much Swindon Bashing going on. As you say the CR-Vs are beautifully built, the previous generation Civics were fine as is my Spaceship so I certainly don`t go along with this unfair "Swindon Bashing"
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 5th August 2008, 15:59

Its not Swindon's fault its the stiffness of the suspension that causes the occasional rattles I have have in both my Civics, just wish they could make the roads smoother too!
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 22nd August 2008, 15:53
gmp

everyone to their own opinion about the build quality of swindon cars, but I have never had a car with so many faults - and I have previously had japanese built cars including the honda civic series 6 - 3door model which was superb!No I would not buy another swindon car,and shudder to think of the consequensies if these 'engineers' could have been responsible for the spitfires built on huk factory site in the last war!Sorry to be so negative but am angry having spent so much money on this car (I was very happy with my old car)
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 22nd August 2008, 17:01
Supporter

Quote:
everyone to their own opinion about the build quality of swindon cars, but I have never had a car with so many faults - and I have previously had japanese built cars including the honda civic series 6 - 3door model which was superb!No I would not buy another swindon car,and shudder to think of the consequensies if these 'engineers' could have been responsible for the spitfires built on huk factory site in the last war!Sorry to be so negative but am angry having spent so much money on this car (I was very happy with my old car)
Well as my Swindon built Civic has no faults, the previous Civics were Swindon built with a good reputation and the CRV`s also good reputation are built at Swindon and it`s unlikely that the Japanese would have built our spitfires for us in WW2 it leaves your opinion to which you are entitled a bit ragged
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 26th August 2008, 14:57
gmp

Wink jazzman

So you have been lucky with your civic,I am pleased for you! and I was making the point about our current 'engineers' employed at huk swindon producing spitfires not our japanese friends although I suppose they did alright with their zero aircraft,but hey ho! we will have to see what the chinese new jazz is like, wont we.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Jazz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page