Jazz Courtesy Car - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 16:52 Thread Starter
Supporter

Jazz Courtesy Car

Took my Civic in today for the Clutch problem to be sorted and got given an 08 Jazz to potter about in.

I dont know if this is how they are supposed to be but you know how most cars straighten the wheels while slipping the steering wheel through your hands, this one doesnt!!!!! You loose the wheel to straighten up and it stays where it is!!! It nearly steered me into the gutter and was not impressed! Anybody else been given one of these and found it has the same issue???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 16:55
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydy View Post
Took my Civic in today for the Clutch problem to be sorted and got given an 08 Jazz to potter about in.

I dont know if this is how they are supposed to be but you know how most cars straighten the wheels while slipping the steering wheel through your hands, this one doesnt!!!!! You loose the wheel to straighten up and it stays where it is!!! It nearly steered me into the gutter and was not impressed! Anybody else been given one of these and found it has the same issue???
Thats something I have NEVER experienced in any car whatsoever, and believe me, I've driven ALOT of cars given the job I do!
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 16:56

I test drove one once and found the steering quite uncommunicative and not a little unnerving!

post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 17:47
The Talented Mr. Robbieee

Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Did you have to pay for the courtesy car?
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 18:01
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieee View Post
Funny you say that mate - when I put mine in to have the Outside Temp sensor replaced (which STILL aint done) earlier this week, they offered me a Jazz, and told me that i'd have to pay £15 per day to cover the insurance on it....

Now, I have a few issues with this - why don't Honda, especially in warranty situations, waiver that charge by covering it themselves??

Also, and I don't mean to be 'snobby' about this, but I drive a 'Flagship Model' of the company, and the best they can offer is a Jazz??!?! What I mean by that is that they are missing a HUGE opportunity to 'sell' me another vehicle from the Honda range (i.e. new Accord....)..........Ford did exactly that when I needed something fixing on my ST-3 by giving me (no charges either!!) a 2.5 S Max to pootle about in, and as a result I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of those - it was superb!

Anyway, I told them to keep the Jazz, and got the bus to work instead - at NO charge to me!
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 18:02

If its warranty work you should get the courtesy car for free.
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 18:05
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelchair View Post
Hmmm, thats interesting, although doesn't surprise me that they tried to charge me for it as my experiences with Lookers Nottingham have been pretty poor everytime I've been in....
post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 18:07
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,110 Times in 830 Posts
Haven't tried a Jazz ... apart from 6 hours with a CRV (drove like a 'wellie-boot' - all wobbly and floppy) I have only had one or another model of 'Hyundai Getz' from my dealer (they do Honda \ Citroen \ Hyundai, all under one roof) ...

The 'Getz' had exactly the same feeling - it wouldn't "self-straighten" at all - it seems to be a trait of 'City Cars' - I started to feel scared whenever I went over 80 kph (50 mph) !!! ...
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 18:17 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Well, when i rang originally they said it would be £10 a day, when i mentioned that my company pays the insurance on the car and it would cover it she said i wouldnt have to pay but produce an insurance certificate as proof.

I agree about the warranty issue, surely if you have a courtesy car for these purposes, you shouldnt be charged and should get a model simular to your own or better. But they probably believe that these cars will just get abused anyway so why go to the expense of having an expensive car trashed. After driving a 2.2 civic and jumping into a snail powered Jazz, i find it quite dangerous, i stalled it twice just leaving the forecourt, im so used to the torque of mine and had to rev the nuts off it to pull away Ive got the car till next week and off to snowdon the weekend so im not looking forward to those welsh hills, might need to get out and push!
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 18:20
radix lecti

Car: 2006 2.2 iCDTi Sport
Yup, my thoughts were the same, coming from a 2.2 into anything smaller is a bit of a shock.

The 1.4 Civic has won me over a little, but you are right, the Jazz's steering is a little odd.
post #11 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 18:29
Supporter

Car: HIGHLY modified FN1
i had a courtesy car - jazz - fortunately it was the blue one and not the pink one the dealer had....

what clutch problem do you have?

anyway...
what shocked me was how it is a car the older people choose....

however ive never felt so un-safe in a car.... really....

i was so shocked.... and i had a ford KA courtesy car when the car was crashed into..and that felt safer than a jazz which god knows how they price it at 10-12k... shocking
post #12 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 18:30 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ss.t View Post
i had a courtesy car - jazz - fortunately it was the blue one and not the pink one the dealer had....

what clutch problem do you have?

anyway...
what shocked me was how it is a car the older people choose....

however ive never felt so un-safe in a car.... really....

i was so shocked.... and i had a ford KA courtesy car when the car was crashed into..and that felt safer than a jazz which god knows how they price it at 10-12k... shocking
Its the common slipping problem, started over crimbo and hasnt got any better, only when the outside temps rose slighlty decreasing the engines power output.
post #13 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 18:41
Supporter

Car: CTR
I have stopped using my dealer and instead I now use a Honda/Ford franchised service centre.

4 years ago they were a Citreon service centre (for about 6 months), hence my courtesy car was a 54 C4 VTR. What a peice of ****. I even said to the staff that it must be a ploy to keep people buying Honda/Ford cars! Such an odd car with 6 different screens/displays showing information. You never got a chance to look at the road!

The courtesy car didn't cost me a penny either.
post #14 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 18:50
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,110 Times in 830 Posts
Quote:
Did you have to pay for the courtesy car ?
Here, I have never had to pay for a 'courtesy car' - whether my own car (Civic and previous vehicles) was in for reasons of warranty \ service \ accident \ repair ...

Mind you, given the bloody prices for cars and servicing here, the dealers can easily afford it - labour up to circa £ 90 per hour !!! ...
post #15 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 18:53
Arfurs right hand man

Car: 1.8 Civic SE plus Auto 9th G
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelchair View Post
NOT the case at all.

Ifthe Honda dealership doesnt have the insurance policy to cover the courtesy cars, or as with some dealers, the driver is too young or old to be covered by the policy, then it is down to the driver to insure the veicle. Most insurance companies will charge you at least £10-£15 a day to amend your policy to cover such vehicles.
post #16 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 21:49

But if your own insurance will cover the car for free (as mine does) then why should the dealer charge £15 for the car?
post #17 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 22:07
radix lecti

Car: 2006 2.2 iCDTi Sport
They don't.

Or at least, mine don't?

Due to being 20 when I got the Civ I had to self insure the hire cars until I hit 21.

Even afterwards it is cheaper in the event of a claim to have it on my insurance (difference in excess).
post #18 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 22:09
Administrator

Car: 2016 Ford Kuga Titanium
Thanked 1,059 Times in 761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon1 View Post
But if your own insurance will cover the car for free (as mine does) then why should the dealer charge £15 for the car?
Because there is a charge for the dealer taking the cover if your insurance doesn't cover it.

I don't really know where I stand with the Courtesy car issue as over I dont' get one. I guess if it's convenience we are talking about I would simply pay the charge.

Last edited by HappyMan; 22nd January 2009 at 22:11. Reason: Additional Info
post #19 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 22:15
The Talented Mr. Robbieee

Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
as NH_Dan says, thats not the case about getting it for free. It depends on the dealer. And if you put it on your insurance they need proof. My insurance company was going to charge me 20 quid. More than paying honda!!!!!
post #20 of 77 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009, 22:38
Supporter

One of the things I like about the Jazz is the way the brakes bite.
It may be because the Civic is a heavier car, but I suspect cheaper pads that create so much dust are the root cause.
Terry

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Jazz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page