honda jazz message board - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th November 2009, 12:54 Thread Starter
gmp

Thumbs up honda jazz message board

It is coming round for me to change my civic and I fancy the new jazz,I bought my civic before this extremly good site was available - and wished I had waited,there has been alot of useful info on it!
I have had several problems with the car ,now sorted I hope, but before I make a commitment on a jazz I'd like to see how other users are getting on with it on a similar website to this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th November 2009, 15:53
Nice Guy!

Car: Volvo V40, D4, Se Lux
er not wanting to state the obvious but you do know there is a jazz section on here !

as an alternitive you could try Home - Clubjazz - Honda Jazz Forum
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th November 2009, 17:45
Administrator

Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
Thread moved to Jazz section.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 7th November 2009, 14:43
Supporter

Car: 2012 1.8i ES - S/Pearl Blue
New Honda Jazz

gmp,

We own a new Model Jazz bought in March following 6 years with the Old Model.

The old model (1.4 Dsi SE) ran without problem for 66000 + miles with no Parts failures but with yearly Honda servicing.

Parts actually replaced were service items - Tyres, Front Disc Pads, Wiper Blades and Filters over the period.

It was very economical and averaged 47/48mpg over it's time with us.

Being an '03 Model it was a firm ride and this was modified in later year Models, but this wasn't a serious problem to us.

The new Model (1.4 iVtec ES) is definitely more refined, the Seats are much more comfortable, the ride is better plus the new (to the Jazz)
Vtec Engine is more lively AND is slightly more economical so far (now completed 6500 miles).

Overall, I personally think Honda have made a good job of this new Model.

I run an '08 1.8 Civic ES, and yes it's much more modern in appearance etc etc, BUT, in my opinion, it's not as well put together as our (Japan Built) Jazz.

I believe the Engines in the 1.4 Civic Models and the equivalent Jazz's are now the same.

If you need further input please ask.

Last edited by RobS; 7th November 2009 at 14:45.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 9th November 2009, 11:43 Thread Starter
gmp
** Thread starter **

jazz build quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
gmp,

We own a new Model Jazz bought in March following 6 years with the Old Model.

The old model (1.4 Dsi SE) ran without problem for 66000 + miles with no Parts failures but with yearly Honda servicing.

Parts actually replaced were service items - Tyres, Front Disc Pads, Wiper Blades and Filters over the period.

It was very economical and averaged 47/48mpg over it's time with us.

Being an '03 Model it was a firm ride and this was modified in later year Models, but this wasn't a serious problem to us.

The new Model (1.4 iVtec ES) is definitely more refined, the Seats are much more comfortable, the ride is better plus the new (to the Jazz)
Vtec Engine is more lively AND is slightly more economical so far (now completed 6500 miles).

Overall, I personally think Honda have made a good job of this new Model.

I run an '08 1.8 Civic ES, and yes it's much more modern in appearance etc etc, BUT, in my opinion, it's not as well put together as our (Japan Built) Jazz.

I believe the Engines in the 1.4 Civic Models and the equivalent Jazz's are now the same.

If you need further input please ask.
Thanks for your input,that is exactly what I was after,ref. to the the jazz now being built at swindon - it does concern me about the build quality. Will I be going down the same road as with my 06 1.8es, I would hope not - but it is early days,but thanks again.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 9th November 2009, 21:45

Car: Jazz 1.4 EX
I've changed from 2.2 Civic to a 1.4 EX Jazz and I'm very pleased with it. The ride is much better and it does seem overall more solid and well put together. I'm getting 48-50mpg at the mo. Boot is slightly smaller and its not as quick as the 2.2 but thats about it. I would highly recommend it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10th November 2009, 00:46
Nice Guy!

Remember the CR-V is also built in swindon and the build quality of the CR-V is vastly superior to the civic. You should try and get an extended test drive of one - over a weekend say. once the swindon built cars are out there.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10th November 2009, 16:08 Thread Starter
gmp
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodick View Post
Remember the CR-V is also built in swindon and the build quality of the CR-V is vastly superior to the civic. You should try and get an extended test drive of one - over a weekend say. once the swindon built cars are out there.
I appreciate your comment but the CRV is to big for me and yes an extended drive would be a good idea - what ever car I might be interested in!I just wish I had taken more caution when I bought my civic - but strangely I do still like it,especially the ishift(when its not jerky).
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10th November 2009, 16:12 Thread Starter
gmp
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversparkle View Post
I've changed from 2.2 Civic to a 1.4 EX Jazz and I'm very pleased with it. The ride is much better and it does seem overall more solid and well put together. I'm getting 48-50mpg at the mo. Boot is slightly smaller and its not as quick as the 2.2 but thats about it. I would highly recommend it.
Did you also try the ishift version,I drove the original jazz cvt and thought how wonderful it was - but fell for the super looking new civic and its ishift instead.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 13th November 2009, 21:29
Nice Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmp View Post
I appreciate your comment but the CRV is to big for me and yes an extended drive would be a good idea - what ever car I might be interested in!I just wish I had taken more caution when I bought my civic - but strangely I do still like it,especially the ishift(when its not jerky).
I was trying to refer to the build quality issue - you raised pointing out that swindon do build solid cars.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 16th November 2009, 12:23 Thread Starter
gmp
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodick View Post
I was trying to refer to the build quality issue - you raised pointing out that swindon do build solid cars.
That might be the case with your car but I was refering to the civic build quality,not to generalise (I will qualify that was the case for 06 models and others,this forum has agreed)The debate could go on - surely it would all depend if you was an happy customer would it not?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 19th November 2009, 08:55

I have transferred in Sept from a CR-V (NHB Auto) to a new Jazz EX (Crystal Black Manual) and like it a lot. The two principle bugbears to me are limited to a rather choppy ride, and a sensitivity to road surface induced noise.

Neither of these two "critical" observations are deal breakers or would put me off buying another, but if you do a test drive it's something you might like to concentrate on.

On smooth "quiet" tarmac the Jazz hums along happily at 70-85 (the engine has a boom period at 69-70) and has good acceleration in the lowish 5th gear. Engine speed at 70 is around 3.5k.

Regarding the EX over the ES I like the Leather wheel, USB, Cruise control and Auto wipers, but the Auto headlight switching seems a bit pointless to me - much switching on and off in shady areas. The glass roof is fun (heavy?) but I wish it opened.

Space inside is of course ludicrous, with four adults agreeably surprised, and comfy (rear centre armrest in EX). Conversion to van mode with the recessed headrests a doddle. The previous Jazz required front seat shuffling to fit the headrest beneath front seats, ingenious but fiddly for some.

No spare wheel a slight worry.

If you are tempted give it a whirl, and remember that my fairly heavy right foot is easily returning around 50mpg.

PS. This is a really good and informative web site, which I joined, intending to buy a Civic but was persuaded into the excellent CRV a couple of years ago. Apologies to the great Civic community.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Jazz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page