• 1 Post By molly
  • 1 Post By molly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 4th February 2018, 12:04 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2009 Type S GT
Jazz 1.4ex 09 Plate

Hi

I'm looking at a Honda Jazz 1.4EX 09 plate in a couple of days.

Is there anything to be looking out for specifically?
What are the like comfort wise? I'm coming from an 8th Gen Civic so I'm expecting a good improvement

That's all I can think of for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 4th February 2018, 15:53
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, Audi TT 190
My '06 1.2 jazz with 100k+miles on the clock was a more comfortable drive than any of the 4 civics I've owned-probably the lack of 'crashiness' over road surfaces compared to them, a significant difference. Nice driving position and light on the controls.

No reliability issues, although I did have to change the steering column ignition/lock assy as the key eventually would'nt enter the ignition barrel. Therefore I would say check the key enters the barrel readily.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 4th February 2018, 16:00 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for posting.

I thought they might be a comfier ride, the civic is a bit rough and I can't seem to find any real issues online. The only thing I have found is the gearbox bearing but it looks like it got cleared up with the gen 2.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 4th February 2018, 16:09
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, Audi TT 190
Just carry out normal 'due dilligence' checks - hpi, tyre condition, road test checking brakes, steering, clutch/gearbox operation, engine smoothness, body/paintwork, service history, number of previous owners - not much really !
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 4th February 2018, 16:40 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

it's a proper minefield isn't it, hopefully it will be ok as it's spot on the spec I wanted.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 4th February 2018, 17:13
Earth Dreams :)

Car: 2017 CTR GT
Garage
I have been looking at a smaller car as a run around and foe my daughter to use.. seen a few Jazz's about and I'm considering one.. also, the Mitsubishi colt is suppose to be a gem of a little car.. just need some time back in the UK to test drive a few.. see what they are like
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11th February 2018, 16:36
Supporter

Car: 2016 1.8 Sport Orchid White
There's a lot of information here Clubjazz - the forum for the Honda Jazz and Fit
I came from a 2012 Jazz 1.4 ES to my Civic, and find the Civic ride is far superior to the Jazz.
The Jazz was OK, but I had to modify the seat because there is a large hump which pressed into my back and gave me a back ache, the Civic seats suit me better .
However the Jazz is a very practical car , reasonably comfortable, good fuel consumption and , of course very reliable.
One thing to look out for is handbrake takes a lot of effort to pull on, and EX models have 16" wheels- the tyres are a lot more expensive than the 15 " wheel models.
I think the Mk 2 Jazz- which you are asking about , is a better car than the current Mk 3 models, based on my experience of Mk 3 courtesy cars !
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11th February 2018, 17:27 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill ericay View Post
There's a lot of information here Clubjazz - the forum for the Honda Jazz and Fit
I came from a 2012 Jazz 1.4 ES to my Civic, and find the Civic ride is far superior to the Jazz.
The Jazz was OK, but I had to modify the seat because there is a large hump which pressed into my back and gave me a back ache, the Civic seats suit me better .
However the Jazz is a very practical car , reasonably comfortable, good fuel consumption and , of course very reliable.
One thing to look out for is handbrake takes a lot of effort to pull on, and EX models have 16" wheels- the tyres are a lot more expensive than the 15 " wheel models.
I think the Mk 2 Jazz- which you are asking about , is a better car than the current Mk 3 models, based on my experience of Mk 3 courtesy cars !

Thanks. I bought it in the end as they seem a generally nice car, The only issues in the end were map reading lights inop which I cured with a couple of bulbs, and it's due a major service, plugs, gearbox oil etc, but I can do it myself no probs.

What do people think of getting an oil change done by the stealer ust to get a stamp?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11th February 2018, 18:42
Supporter

Car: 2016 1.8 Sport Orchid White
Congratulations, the EX trim raises the level nicely, I'm sure you will have many many miles of trouble free motoring.
One of the contributors to the Jazz forum has clocked up over 240,000 miles in his Jazz, so you could do the same.
Enjoy your new car.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11th February 2018, 18:54
Ex-Pat Geordie!

Car: 2015 Civic S Navi I-dtec
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
Thanks. I bought it in the end as they seem a generally nice car, The only issues in the end were map reading lights inop which I cured with a couple of bulbs, and it's due a major service, plugs, gearbox oil etc, but I can do it myself no probs.

What do people think of getting an oil change done by the stealer ust to get a stamp?
Depends how old the car is and how long you're going to keep it.. I had a recent bad experience with a Honda approved dealer where they didn't do the full service bit stamped the book to say they had so for me a dealer service history means nothing. Check the attacked filter that is supposedly 6 month old. Complained to Honda UK and they weren't interested.

Do it yourself with genuine parts and you have peace of mind that it is done and a sense of pride knowing you've done it well.

Or you can get stung from a Dealer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Filter.jpg (67.4 KB, 6 views)
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11th February 2018, 20:31 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill ericay View Post
Congratulations, the EX trim raises the level nicely, I'm sure you will have many many miles of trouble free motoring.
One of the contributors to the Jazz forum has clocked up over 240,000 miles in his Jazz, so you could do the same.
Enjoy your new car.
I will thank you
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11th February 2018, 20:35 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by nturnb View Post
Depends how old the car is and how long you're going to keep it.. I had a recent bad experience with a Honda approved dealer where they didn't do the full service bit stamped the book to say they had so for me a dealer service history means nothing. Check the attacked filter that is supposedly 6 month old. Complained to Honda UK and they weren't interested.

Do it yourself with genuine parts and you have peace of mind that it is done and a sense of pride knowing you've done it well.

Or you can get stung from a Dealer.

This is it really, a Honda service doesn't mean it's a good service. The trouble is, at the moment it is full dealer history and as much as I like the car I don't really want to break the chain. Saying that I could get a mechanic I trust to do it with the items I have bought and then stamp my book, it's still history even if it isn't dealer history. Perhaps if I keep receipts of everything it might even be better.
nturnb likes this.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12th February 2018, 20:51
DZH

Car: 2012 Civic ES 1.8 i-VTEC
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
This is it really, a Honda service doesn't mean it's a good service. The trouble is, at the moment it is full dealer history and as much as I like the car I don't really want to break the chain. Saying that I could get a mechanic I trust to do it with the items I have bought and then stamp my book, it's still history even if it isn't dealer history. Perhaps if I keep receipts of everything it might even be better.
That's exactly what I'm going to do very soon to my Civic. I've purchased the major service kit from Cox and I plan on taking the items (minus the pollen filter as I've already fitted that) to my local trusted mechanic and getting them to fit the parts and stamp the book. That way, I am confident that the items have been done, all with genuine Honda parts from Cox, I've got a stamp in the book and I've got the receipts showing the genuine Honda parts.

Mine hasn't got full dealer history anyway, so not so much of a difficult decision as yours! In fact, in the near future, I will probably just service it myself and keep the genuine Honda parts receipts.

Your Jazz is around 7 years old, which is not old by any means, but I don't think you necessarily need to carry on the tradition of full dealer history. I think a stamp from a garage with receipts for genuine Honda parts would be more than enough. You are keeping to one tradition though, and that is getting it serviced when it should be, which is the most important tradition to keep
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 13th February 2018, 17:36 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZH View Post
You are keeping to one tradition though, and that is getting it serviced when it should be, which is the most important tradition to keep
Amen to that. I'm going to bypass the dealer and get an indy stamp and keep the receipts.
DZH likes this.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Jazz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in