All That Jazz - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 30th August 2006, 09:05 Thread Starter

All That Jazz

Well, it's now 24 hours since my pride and joy went into the dealer for the bonnet to be re-sprayed (excessive chipping) and I'm missing it! I got a Jazz as a courtesy car and it is hard to believe that it is made by the same manufacturer as the Civic.

It is so dull and so sloooooooow. I wonder what the age poll would look like for the Jazz; a little different I reckon (or maybe the owners don't have one of these new-fangled computer thingys).

It takes me back to the days when I was waiting for my Civic to arrive. I feel for all those folks still waiting; I only have 2 more days till I get mine back, and it already seems a long time.

Pete
-----------------------------
Temporary Jazz - no HFT, no Sat Nav, no Power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 30th August 2006, 09:10

Re: All That Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjelsworth
It is so dull and so sloooooooow.
But it's faster than a Twingo and it's got CVT! (or does yours?) And the Magic Seats work a little better as the floor is completely flat (Civic has a few centimeter rise) I liked it. It was on the top of my list before the Civic came out.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 30th August 2006, 09:20
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to basegreen
I had a Jazz loaner, and I've told the dealer I don't ever want to drive one again!

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 30th August 2006, 10:01
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to generationgav

[quote="Skaven252"]
Quote:
It was on the top of my list before the Civic came out.
And I've got a Jazz engine in my Civic from what I believe!
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 30th August 2006, 11:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I'm sure it's a very competent car. I have to say the engine was certainly quiet and smooth, but a long way from the i-CTDi in terms of performance
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 30th August 2006, 11:30

yer my 1.4 has the 1.4 jazz engine - it makes a nice noise, before i was driving a 1.2 65bhp polo with 3 cylinders and boy was it like a dead dog, the engine didnt rev, it whined, and with a full car it was not going awnywhere quickly lol
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 30th August 2006, 11:46

I drove the Jazz as a loner a few times, to be honest I didn't mind it at all. My only gripes were the steering wheel felt really cheap (compared to the leather clad ones in this and my old civic) and I thought the car was woefully underpowered. The visibillity from the car was GREAT though, and it certainly felt spacious inside.

It shocked me to find out the same engine went into the 1.4 Civics at first, but they must have done something to it, I can't believe the engine I felt in the Jazz could even move a car as big as the Civic. Nobody has complained about the peformance, so I guess Honda worked their magic with it!
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 30th August 2006, 13:45

I had a 1.4 Jazz auto as a loan car, and I thought it was very good. Its very reliable, and in big demand. You can't compare it with a 2.2 Civic diesel.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 30th August 2006, 14:00 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfa7
You can't compare it with a 2.2 Civic diesel.
You are of course correct .... it's just that I'm missing my Civic
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 30th August 2006, 14:03

It's similar to missing the family pet, when we go away
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 30th August 2006, 19:58
Supporter

Quote:
Well, it's now 24 hours since my pride and joy went into the dealer for the bonnet to be re-sprayed (excessive chipping) and I'm missing it! I got a Jazz as a courtesy car and it is hard to believe that it is made by the same manufacturer as the Civic.

It is so dull and so sloooooooow. I wonder what the age poll would look like for the Jazz; a little different I reckon (or maybe the owners don't have one of these new-fangled computer thingys).

It takes me back to the days when I was waiting for my Civic to arrive. I feel for all those folks still waiting; I only have 2 more days till I get mine back, and it already seems a long time.

Pete
-----------------------------
Temporary Jazz - no HFT, no Sat Nav, no Power
OK layoff the Jazz,

1) In Markets other than the UK, the Jazz available with a 1.5L L-series VTEC engine with 110PS on tap, that's good for ~120mph and sub 9sec 0-60 times
2) The Jazz you're driving probably costs half what you paid for the Civic so if I drove a Legend then the Civic will feel nothing special

In most markets Honda is synonomous with engineering excellence in the UK its good lawn mowers and Granny Mobiles...., If Honda UK would bring in the interesting and funky cars/models then perhaps people might get the right idea
Thanks to stretch from:
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 31st August 2006, 10:02 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I guess I made my point badly ... I was not really Jazz-bashing but just emphasising what a great step forward the Civic is for Honda in the UK
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 15th June 2008, 22:50

Well I have just traded the Civ in for a Jazz Oh No you all cry and I like it does me fine also the 45+mph goes down well + tax + insurance all good points done the boy racer scene many moons ago so have now settled down want a quite easy life leave it to you speed freaks mind you did love my CIVIC now for the real reason for the Jazz I can get out of it a lot easier civ was to low for me poor old legs the jazz lets me fall out well almost so you all enjoy your civics like I did hope your legs hold out when you get to my age ??? off for me blue rinse tomorrow
Lennie.c
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 15th June 2008, 23:04
You're or your..........

Car: 630i
and breathe ...

good luck with the Jazz
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 15th June 2008, 23:05
You're or your..........

Car: 630i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie.c View Post
Well I have just traded the Civ in for a Jazz Oh No you all cry and I like it does me fine also the 45+mph goes down well + tax + insurance all good points done the boy racer scene many moons ago so have now settled down want a quite easy life leave it to you speed freaks mind you did love my CIVIC now for the real reason for the Jazz I can get out of it a lot easier civ was to low for me poor old legs the jazz lets me fall out well almost so you all enjoy your civics like I did hope your legs hold out when you get to my age ??? off for me blue rinse tomorrow
Lennie.c
and breathe ...

good luck with the Jazz
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 15th June 2008, 23:11

Well at least I still got the magic seats and I can still breath .Jazz to slow to take me breath away but working on it
Lennie.c
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 16th June 2008, 07:27
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, Audi TT 190
Had a Jazz for a day and thought it pretty refined to drive.Things I noticed :
  • steering's low geared-a bit tiresome ,but I suppose you'd get used to it
  • The arm rest on the driver's door was a nightmare-sharp edged sticking into your elbow
  • Its a bit ugly (IMO)
  • Expensive for a small hatchback-although,got to admit surprised at prices for new Corsa and others
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 16th June 2008, 08:26
Supporter

For what it's worth, my wife has just got the 1.2 basic Jazz 1.2 with no frills. Don't like the steering wheel, the ride quality over our bumpy unmade road is better than the CIVIC, build quality is very good, easy to drive and economical.

Other niggles are no delay on rear window wiper and no lights ON warning light on the front panel other than that you get what you pay for I suppose.

Last edited by Ramsay; 16th June 2008 at 08:27. Reason: Jazz 11.2 ?
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 16th June 2008, 08:55
Lord of JAE.....

Car: 58' NHB Type R-GT
I had an auto jazz as a loan car and tbh, it was a 'good' car (my 80+ yo grandfather would have loved it......), it had space, good seating position and a decent amount of cubby holes, however the 1.4 was not a great engine for any kind of speed, even in sport mode with the 7 speed flappy paddle thing, it was crap..... the engine took an age to move off, and had an annoying tone..... no doubt it would have been better if it was manual, but I can't imagine what the 1.4 would be like in the heavier Civic...... I mean you couldn't pull out in the Jazz if there was anything less than half a mile between you and the car coming. As well as that the gearbox sport mode sounded like it just made the engine louder and di not actual good at all. Also the handling was very poor, I mean to put a sport mode on a car that teeters as it goes round a long bend is just silly.

Anyways it was better than the Mazda 3 I got lent some time ago, that was truly awful, bad engine naff styling and really crappy load space.

Also worthy of note, the build quality puts the civ to shame (99.9% of the panels actually fitted the car!!!!!) and it comes with an Aux in port as standard!!! And has been said it is fairly economical, well as economical as a tiny engined auto can be.....

Tom
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 16th June 2008, 09:04
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,773 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
Tom - that's exactly what I thought: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/any-non...road-test.html

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Jazz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page