Radio screen segments problem and pop sound - Page 3 - Civinfo
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 8th November 2018, 17:08 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic Mohorčič View Post
I'm not so sure. There are two signals which go from climate control unit to radio unit. One is DISP CLK and AC SO. I do not know what they do...

E4*RED*Climate control unit (DISP CLK)*
E5*YEL*Climate control unit (AC SO)*

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
If you just put your fingers only on screen, you can try to find problem in that place if you know what i mean. Clime ecu is in clime button section, and it wires all over the place, some to fuse ecu, some don't know, some in radio, it is hard to find all the ends. Clime ecu is rock solid, i put low hopes that is broken inside after punch. Check the radio, re-plug it.
Thanks to xfiniti64 from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 8th November 2018, 21:30

I assume the same that problem is in the radio! Do you maybe know if iES2008 1.8 petrol radio unit will fit into 2006 Sport 1.8 Petrol car?

post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 14th November 2018, 15:21 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
I assume the same that problem is in the radio! Do you maybe know if iES2008 1.8 petrol radio unit will fit into 2006 Sport 1.8 Petrol car?

Only in 2009 was change in radio, adding USB.

post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 14th November 2018, 18:37

Do you maybe know if USB version can replace non USB version?

post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 24th January 2019, 20:07

Hi!

Thanks for the guide, really usefull.

I have exactly the same problem.
Last summer my display started to play crazy and the contrast changed randomly.
Later, about 3-4 months back the popping sound appeared but I never had any lost segments.

I found the display re-soldering issue on other forums so I thought to re-solder my too, even if I don’t have lost segment and hoping that it will solve my problem (at that time I was not aware of this guide). Unfortunately re-soldering did not solved the problem.

Only later I found this guide explaining the problem more deeply and I realized that it exactly describes my simptoms.
I had not much time to do the repair but last weekend I started to have lost segments, so I thought it is a must now.
Today I replaced the zener, the 100nF and 100uF capacitor as described.
I used 470R resistor and replaced the transistor to a MJD44H11G.

It looks like the changing contrast problem it’gone but unfortunately my lost setments are still there.
Basically it looks like lost segments, but not really. Whatever I do ( changing volume, station, etc...) the displayed character fragments are not changing. By switching off the ignition end back on I’m getting another “lost segmented” display with a different crazy content

Does anyone has an idea what could be wrong?

Last edited by cosmomen; 25th January 2019 at 06:15.
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 4th March 2019, 17:00

Thank you so much for this!
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2019, 15:00

Pop up sounds

Hi all, first time for me here. I have this problem with the stereo, after a while the stereo will start going off and on alone. Plus when it goes off it make a really loud pop up sound from the speakers (everytime it goes off). Very annoying and in my country we have a very hot weather and when hot comes I can't use the stereo.

Do I need an exorcist or the best way is to change the stereo? If I'm changing I don't want the original one again. will fix a different new stereo for sure.

Thanks
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 16th July 2019, 13:38 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Do you maybe know if USB version can replace non USB version?

Yes you can, but you need radio since 2009, the screen, USB interface module, and wire loom from radio accessory port to USB module, and some factory wire loom from USB interface module to armrest, and armrest of course from 2009, but usually that cars have an aux port as well so you need additional wire loom for that.
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 16th July 2019, 13:43 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmomen View Post
Hi!

Thanks for the guide, really usefull.

I have exactly the same problem.
Last summer my display started to play crazy and the contrast changed randomly.
Later, about 3-4 months back the popping sound appeared but I never had any lost segments.

I found the display re-soldering issue on other forums so I thought to re-solder my too, even if I dont have lost segment and hoping that it will solve my problem (at that time I was not aware of this guide). Unfortunately re-soldering did not solved the problem.

Only later I found this guide explaining the problem more deeply and I realized that it exactly describes my simptoms.
I had not much time to do the repair but last weekend I started to have lost segments, so I thought it is a must now.
Today I replaced the zener, the 100nF and 100uF capacitor as described.
I used 470R resistor and replaced the transistor to a MJD44H11G.

It looks like the changing contrast problem itgone but unfortunately my lost setments are still there.
Basically it looks like lost segments, but not really. Whatever I do ( changing volume, station, etc...) the displayed character fragments are not changing. By switching off the ignition end back on Im getting another lost segmented display with a different crazy content

Does anyone has an idea what could be wrong?
Yes, you failed to solder the screen. All pins must be solder and do not short circuit.
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 30th July 2019, 09:22
FEAR NAUGHT

Car: 07 1.8i EX 5 door Royal Blue
Im going to have ago at this fix myself soon but I`m unsure of what parts to buy ,
can anyone list the parts name/numbers they bought so I can order them myself please ?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > This is How To ... (Guides Only) (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page