How to Install an Aftermarket Reversing Camera - The easy Way! - Page 6 - Civinfo
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 311 (permalink) Old 27th February 2013, 11:03

applying civic 2012

dear friends,
can any one install this camera set to civic 2012 without navigation system?
my car does'nt have factory navigation. so, I want install this camera then view images on I-MID screen.
thank you for your interest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 311 (permalink) Old 27th February 2013, 11:30 Thread Starter
Bog
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by browser__ View Post
dear friends,
can any one install this camera set to civic 2012 without navigation system?
my car does'nt have factory navigation. so, I want install this camera then view images on I-MID screen.
thank you for your interest.
Yes you can, in fact it's quite easy (easier than the 8g). I will be doing a 'How to' next week and I will soon start selling an adapter cable
post #103 of 311 (permalink) Old 27th February 2013, 11:37

thank you very much.
I will be waiting impatiently.

post #104 of 311 (permalink) Old 16th March 2013, 20:09
big dog

Car: 2.2 EX-L NHB
Eco display
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to pesss
Thanks for the guide as it was my first time opening the dash it was useful to see the diagrams. Me personally tho took me roughly 5 hours as i did everything from scratch, including making my own cable.
post #105 of 311 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2013, 16:12

Attempting to fit my reversing camera from MrBozo and need a little advice if anyone can help. I'm going to use a scotch lock to connect the camera to the reversing cable and wondering is a red 5Amp scotch lock is ok for this or do I need to use a blue 15Amp? Also I'm going to use a chock block to connect the extension cable to the sat nav where I cut it and wondering if a 3amp chock block is sufficient or do I need something a bit more substantial?
post #106 of 311 (permalink) Old 29th November 2013, 14:30

Car: 2012 VTI-s Civic Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog View Post
Yes you can, in fact it's quite easy (easier than the 8g). I will be doing a 'How to' next week and I will soon start selling an adapter cable
hey bog, im in a similar situation like browser, would really appreciate it if theres an adapter for 2012 hatch non-navi models..Cheers mate!
post #107 of 311 (permalink) Old 4th December 2013, 22:58

Just ordered and paid for camera and video cable... Can't wait!

Until they get here I'm swatting up on installation guides, does anyone have anything that will help me in fitting it to a 2005 CRV?

😃
post #108 of 311 (permalink) Old 23rd December 2013, 09:48

Hi everyone. I just joined this great forum. I have an honda civic FK1 and I just installed a reverse camera. I don't have a navigation system in my car so I bough a rear view mirror with a 4.7 inches display (15 EUR on e-bay!) The only think left to do is to connect the mirror to a power supply. What is the easiest way to do this? I was thinking to tap to the radio power supply. I didn't open the dashboard yet but i suspect that my next challenge is to figure out which cable is which? Does anyone know the color for the 12V DC positive and the ground cable for the radio unit? Is there a better way to do this? I saw on the internet that fuse taps are an option but sounds a bit too complicated for me. The rear view mirror requires 3W so I don't expect issues in tapping to the radio power supply. Thanks for your help!
post #109 of 311 (permalink) Old 26th December 2013, 14:27
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 EX Bluish Silver
Does anyone have any tips for getting my hand up beind the dash to get the plug in, I had a go today and I can't seem to fit my hand behind at all? Hoping I won't have to strip the dash out to fit it!
post #110 of 311 (permalink) Old 27th December 2013, 20:15 Thread Starter
Bog
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmattmatt View Post
Does anyone have any tips for getting my hand up beind the dash to get the plug in, I had a go today and I can't seem to fit my hand behind at all? Hoping I won't have to strip the dash out to fit it!
Try removing the top and bottom glovebox screws/clips (one you wont be able to as thats hidden by centre console), this will allow you to tug the glovebox forward 1-2 cm creating a bigger gap up behind it... if you get what I mean
post #111 of 311 (permalink) Old 27th December 2013, 22:27
Supporter

Thanks Bog, I'll give that a try tomorrow
post #112 of 311 (permalink) Old 28th December 2013, 16:35
Supporter

Quote:
Try removing the top and bottom glovebox screws/clips (one you wont be able to as thats hidden by centre console), this will allow you to tug the glovebox forward 1-2 cm creating a bigger gap up behind it... if you get what I mean

Thanks for the excellent tip, managed to squeeze my hand behind with the extra few cms it created, thank you!
post #113 of 311 (permalink) Old 30th December 2013, 08:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1982 View Post
Hi everyone. I just joined this great forum. I have an honda civic FK1 and I just installed a reverse camera. I don't have a navigation system in my car so I bough a rear view mirror with a 4.7 inches display (15 EUR on e-bay!) The only think left to do is to connect the mirror to a power supply. What is the easiest way to do this? I was thinking to tap to the radio power supply. I didn't open the dashboard yet but i suspect that my next challenge is to figure out which cable is which? Does anyone know the color for the 12V DC positive and the ground cable for the radio unit? Is there a better way to do this? I saw on the internet that fuse taps are an option but sounds a bit too complicated for me. The rear view mirror requires 3W so I don't expect issues in tapping to the radio power supply. Thanks for your help!
Problem solved. In case anyone have this problem in the future, I got the power from the cigarette lighter. There are 3 screw on each sides of the armrest covered by a round piece of plastic. I removed those and lifted the whole thing up to access the cables. White is positive, black is negative. The new cable goes then under the dashboard on the side of the passenger, up along the door frame and finally to the mirror. If anyone is interested I can post some pictures.
post #114 of 311 (permalink) Old 30th December 2013, 11:22

Car: 2012 1.8 Sport (9G) MT Black
Quote:
Bog, did you ever get around to doing this How to? Can't seem to find it anywhere
post #115 of 311 (permalink) Old 30th January 2014, 04:30
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2 EX
Hi Bog,

looking to buy a reversing camera from Mr Bozo, and i understand i need a cable from your good self to make it work, could you send me the details etc. please?
post #116 of 311 (permalink) Old 7th February 2014, 11:08

Video-In Installation on 9g Civic

Hi all,

can I install a video input on 9g civic without navigation system?

My 9g civic has reverse camera, but I don´t have the video input, I have only aux input.

I would like to show on the I-MID screen tomtom navigation through my iPhone using this:

Would be possible?

Thanks in advance. Regards,
Francisco
post #117 of 311 (permalink) Old 6th March 2014, 14:20
fes

Car: 2008 1.8 i-vtec black
Quote:
You need attenuation... The camera signal is to strong.

Mine is all fixed up and working but it's way too bright.

Can anyone explain what attenuation is and how I can do it on my camera please.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #118 of 311 (permalink) Old 27th April 2014, 17:40
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 EX, Silver
Great guide, many thanks.

I fed the cable slightly differently as I no success feeding it down the tailgate, instead I went from the lights end towards the roof, which went much smoother, though I had to jam my fingers in the hole to fish the cable out.

I also couldn't feed it down to the side of the rear door, cable just wouldn't go through despite many attempts. Instead I fed it up into the headlining (same hole, but feed it horizontally, above the existing cable bundle) and tucked it round the rubber door seal to get down to the floor. You can see into a bit of the headlining by removing the door seal, same as you do for getting access to the side in the guide.

For attenuation I figured maybe it didn't need attenuation as everybody says, just that the input in the nav unit wasn't terminated. A 68 ohm resistor between the two video wires did the job (I'd have used a 75 if I had one). Ideally this should have gone at the front of the cable next to the nav unit, but I was already soldering the connection at the back so I stuck it there. Works great.

If you're building your own video in cable you could attach the resistor to the connector.
wiggle likes this.
post #119 of 311 (permalink) Old 19th May 2014, 00:01

Video acble

Hi,

Can you send me a video cable as i intend to install this for my new Civic ?
How can i order one please?

Thanks,
Pratik
post #120 of 311 (permalink) Old 24th October 2014, 12:11
Supporter

Car: 2007 Milano CTR
Got mine fitted last weekend. My hand went up the back of the glovebox easily so that bit was sorted in 5 minutes maximum. The main problems I had were using the self tappers to fix the camera in position, the awkward angle meant I had to drill a pilot hole with a 2mm bit. And then feeding the cable through the rear of the car to the tailgate. Like others have done I ended up going into the headlining and then taking the cable down behind the rear door rubber. Aafter dozens of attempts over a couple of days to feed the cable downwards into the car I gave up trying to do it that way. When going into the headlining it went through first time!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > This is How To ... (Guides Only) (8G)

Tags
camera , navigation , reversing camera

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-guides-only-8g/51366-how-install-aftermarket-reversing-camera-easy-way.html
Posted By For Type Date
Civic-FX.net - Forum Honda Civic ab 2006 (FK, FN, FD) - Thema anzeigen - NAVI-DVD!!! VIdeo gucken??? This thread Refback 13th May 2013 20:25
Forums CivicYume • Consulter le sujet - camera de recul special civic This thread Refback 12th May 2013 16:57
Untitled document This thread Refback 28th December 2012 07:58
Untitled document This thread Refback 26th June 2012 19:11
Civic-FX.net - Forum Honda Civic ab 2006 (FK, FN, FD) • Thema anzeigen - NAVI-DVD!!! VIdeo gucken??? This thread Refback 5th February 2012 15:04
Civic-FX.net - Forum Honda Civic ab 2006 (FK, FN, FD) • Thema anzeigen - NAVI-DVD!!! VIdeo gucken??? This thread Refback 10th August 2011 10:44
Untitled document This thread Refback 30th May 2011 10:05