Ambient Lighting Easy Install - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 26th July 2007, 22:45 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 Sport MT (Vivid)
Eco display
Send a message via MSN to ante00
Ambient Lighting Easy Install (dimming)

Here is a guide (how to) install ambient lights in simply way and they dimm when you open door (like lights for reading....)
.....c/p from some german forum....and sorry for bad translation in file....but you'll get the idea just by looking in pictures.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ambient lighting (dimming)

The simplest method is to measure the whole thing over interior lighting. Work time approx.. 1 hour.

Advantage:
· functionality remains preserved (automatic Dimmen etc..)
· simple to install

Material:
· 2 x LED borders (over eBay)
· cables not to load small screws
· drill press
· soldering irons
· 2 x connecting terminals (of Conrad)

Around the entire electric circuit I decided for such LEDS. There are 3 superflux LED's on board and are shown on supplied metal plate (with eBay approx.. 12€ the piece).

Advantage:
· opposite cold light tubes the electric circuit will load hardly and the power inputs is a joke
· super flat and simple to screw under the instrument panel
· super brightly and above all also daylight-suited!

On Daylight

Night

And wires:
· glass of the interior lighting with small screwdriver lever off (with me a fingernail is already already enough). The whole part has only 2 screws and cables to take off. You have to drill two holes on clean-bored for the additional cable. The positive cable is to the center (red arrrow)

· under the rubber where the firm wire cable is pulled from the door seal of the driver's side (picture below). It can be shifted under the door seal further invisibly up to the instrument panel. The door seal (rubber) can be taken off completely easily and takes no damage thereby

· the side screen of the instrument panel at the driver's side carefully take down with screwdriver. Under instrument panel cover they are fixed with a screw (LED's). Otherwise you could only put them or glue them for simple taking off. Cable is pulled into the instrument panel.
· for the front passenger side has the cable. On the LED soldered with the wire behind the center console to driver's side. The length is sufficient. Both LEDS attached and under the instrument panel bolts.

For attaching other side use interwiring clamps, since one doesn't have to solder or screw and later I can still parallel attach it.

Last edited by ante00; 26th July 2007 at 23:02.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 27th July 2007, 12:21

phone holder

can you give me name or link of that phone holder manufacturer web? looks nice.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 27th July 2007, 12:25 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
I don't know it but I think that is serial phone holder for PDA phones (usually comes one with the phone)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 8th August 2007, 23:28

There is an easier way to do it by buing a Cold catode computer neon light colored blue and taking some power from the glove compartment and it al works fine,
And by the way i dont like that much blue light at the feet and the way to dim the neons is to cover part of them with black electronic tape and see how much light fits your eyes...
the neons are quite cheap,maybe 10$ max for 2 at yor local computer shop,no heat and low power consumption...and you get wide angle of blue lighting and not spot like Leds....
will share pictures of my setup if needed.
Cheers.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 18th December 2007, 11:55

I wish to have ambient footwell lighting that only comes on when the interior lights are on. Which makes the install alot more straightforward.
Do i really need to pull the power from the Interior lights in the roof? Surely the official Honda kit is not that painful? The earth cable that detects when the doors are open must originate from under the dash to begin with?. Has anyone got the official kit & is able to tell me where & what colour this cable is.
Thoughts please.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 18th December 2007, 12:04
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 9th March 2010, 23:38 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Uploaded images to other server which some don't work ok.... thx to jont122

Quote:
Ambient Lighting Easy Install (dimming)
Here is a guide (how to) install ambient lights in simply way and they dimm when you open door (like lights for reading....)
.....c/p from some german forum....and sorry for bad translation in file....but you'll get the idea just by looking in pictures.....

Ambient lighting (dimming)

The simplest method is to measure the whole thing over interior lighting. Work time approx.. 1 hour.

Advantage:
· functionality remains preserved (automatic Dimmen etc..)
· simple to install

Material:
· 2 x LED borders (over eBay)
· cables not to load small screws
· drill press
· soldering irons
· 2 x connecting terminals (of Conrad)

Around the entire electric circuit I decided for such LEDS. There are 3 superflux LED's on board and are shown on supplied metal plate (with eBay approx.. 12€ the piece).

Advantage:

· opposite cold light tubes the electric circuit will load hardly and the power inputs is a joke
· super flat and simple to screw under the instrument panel
· super brightly and above all also daylight-suited!

On Daylight

Night

And wires:
· glass of the interior lighting with small screwdriver lever off (with me a fingernail is already already enough). The whole part has only 2 screws and cables to take off. You have to drill two holes on clean-bored for the additional cable. The positive cable is to the center (red arrrow)

· under the rubber where the firm wire cable is pulled from the door seal of the driver's side (picture below). It can be shifted under the door seal further invisibly up to the instrument panel. The door seal (rubber) can be taken off completely easily and takes no damage thereby

· the side screen of the instrument panel at the driver's side carefully take down with screwdriver. Under instrument panel cover they are fixed with a screw (LED's). Otherwise you could only put them or glue them for simple taking off. Cable is pulled into the instrument panel.
· for the front passenger side has the cable. On the LED soldered with the wire behind the center console to driver's side. The length is sufficient. Both LEDS attached and under the instrument panel bolts.

For attaching other side use interwiring clamps, since one doesn't have to solder or screw and later I can still parallel attach it.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10th March 2010, 17:23
Living the dream!

Thanked 1,199 Times in 1,018 Posts
This method is a lot easier and quicker to install http://www.civinfo.com/forum/a/32792...s-dimming.html good guide this still is
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11th March 2010, 18:56
Supporter

Car: 2.2 CTDI, Tornado Silver
Gotta agree this http://www.civinfo.com/forum/a/32792...s-dimming.html is much easier, that way makes me want to cry
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 27th March 2010, 23:35

Car: 2006 2.2 5 door Milano Red
Hey ante00,

Where did you get those electrical connectors, they look really good?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > This is How To ... (Guides Only) (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-guides-only-8g/7174-ambient-lighting-easy-install.html
Posted By For Type Date
Odkazy | Honda CIVIC 8. generace This thread Refback 10th May 2008 22:34
podsvietenie interieru | Honda CIVIC 8. generace This thread Refback 9th May 2008 10:58