Dealer Accident Helpline - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 21st January 2008, 13:48 Thread Starter
Supporter

Dealer Accident Helpline

I got a card through from my dealers over the weekend advertising an accident helpline service.

Basically if you call, they will pick you up and take you to a Honda garage, fix the car and sort it with your insurance company direct.

It seems attractive as a) you are guaranteed to go to a Honda garage b) they promise a like-for-like courtesy car for a decent amount of time (although this is only 48 hours if accident was your fault).

Maybe it is the cars that I have owned previously, but I have never come across a scheme like that before.

If I were to call them (the dealers), what would my insurance company have to say about it? Would they care? Would I lose the benefits that I get from my motor insurance direct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 21st January 2008, 13:55

Often these sort of schemes work by the company charging the hire car and expenses to the guilty party in the accident. If there is no guilty party, or you are to blame, then you end up forking out for this. I would read the small print very carefully as someone somewhere has to pay for the service.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 21st January 2008, 14:28 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda100 View Post
Often these sort of schemes work by the company charging the hire car and expenses to the guilty party in the accident. If there is no guilty party, or you are to blame, then you end up forking out for this. I would read the small print very carefully as someone somewhere has to pay for the service.
That was the thing, there was NO small print, just a flier and a card to put in your wallet/car.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 21st January 2008, 15:05
Supporter

My Dealer informed me that Hondacare assist (or whatever it's called) will rescue or recover you, for 3 years after purchase, even if its because of an accident.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 21st January 2008, 15:22 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg9 View Post
My Dealer informed me that Hondacare assist (or whatever it's called) will rescue or recover you, for 3 years after purchase, even if its because of an accident.
Yes, it was the like-for-like courtesy car bit that was nice - I don't think that Honda Assist guarantees you that.

Civinfo > All Civics > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page