Accident help - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 20th March 2014, 20:59 Thread Starter
Supporter

Accident help

Hi all.
Last thurs I got in an accident.
And aswell as slagging off my insurance company(s)
It is for some help aswell.

I was traveling up the a38 which at this point is 3 lanes heading towards the island. I am in the middle lane behind a car.
I'm doin less than 40mph and there is 2 cars in my right lane.
There about level with me and the car infront of me then this stupid women to my right just turns left straight into my car.
The damage is all the front RHS of my wat was nice car and pretty mush all the LHS of her corsa.

Both pull over n she said I didn't see u.
I'm obviously fuming n shook up rang my insurance there and then to report it.

Anyway got to work eventually and my insurance rang me back.
I'm with Adrian Flux(a broker)
They went through everything and said yes this is her fault I'll get it sorted put me through to there claims company called URL.
They said u claim through us you pay your excess and then we get it back later on or use AI claims they take all the risk blah blah blah.

Spoke to AI they said weal sort it.
I rang adrian flux, URL and AI everyday to get an update till I rang AI on Monday and they said they carnt get in touch with her insuranve(coop) so there not taking on the claim.

So back to URL. Again I'm now raining adrian flux and URL and on Wednesday URL said they got in touch with her insurance there not accepting liability as it was me that changed lanes and crashed into her(all lies obviously)

So I said pisss off and wend back to adrian flux. Who said I'll put you through to your actual insurance company Markerstudy.

So I'm speaking to them my excess is 450 and they said this is the first they heard about this accident and it's in the small print I shuda told them within 24hours(I told adrian flux who organised my insurance and who I paid)

And. Ecause of this there is an additional 250 excess.

I said fine I need my car fixing.
When we got through everything I said I want to go to a local repaire garage (chartwells at Derby)
And they said fine there is another 250 pound excess and I have to pay the difference for any above local average prices.

At this point I said I ain't got a 1000 quid for an excess so I need you now(Marker Study) to claim off the other driver and do your job and fight for your client.
That was yest and I've heard nothing again.
I rang today thurs. And got cut off.

What do I do I have a damaged car that's making some clunking noises and not got 1000 quid for the excess.

In the pics the big whit thing is a petrol station I'm about just infront of the black
car just infront of that where the Tarmac is black is a traffic light Zebra crossing.

I spent about 3 hours ** meat ringing the local councel, police and highways to find who owns the traffic cameras and just got passed around them.

I rang the petrol station who has CCTV pointing at there exit( where it says keep clear) and it didn't catch it. I recon I was about 4 metres after the camera shot.

How long does this Normaly take?
And should I ring up the horrible women and ask her to tell the truth to her insurance?

I'm loosing my mind at the moment a week and it's got nowhere.

Thanks
Graham

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 20th March 2014, 21:00 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

It was at 7.20 in the morn, sunny and dry. So no excuse for not looking.
Graham
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 20th March 2014, 21:07
Type EX,A guy called Mark

Car: 2015 Peugeot 208 GTI, 208BHP
Sorry to hear that mate, I never made a claim and stories like this make me wonder what I'm paying for ?.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 20th March 2014, 22:38
Supporter

I cant believe your insurance company is fogging you off like that...

Adrian Flux need to do all the paperwork/ chase up etc.. regardless of the other party being guilty/innocent, AF should pay out a repair no matter what. Your insurance payment is so they listen to YOU and not the other way around.

Its a shame you didn't have a dash cam fitted as that £30 investment would have saved you alot of hassle.

Do you not have the woman's telephone number who crashed into you? Call and have a chat. If worse comes to worse- go to the address with a friend and have a word with her.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 20th March 2014, 22:39
regrets his username

Car: 1.6 focus RS
Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,217 Posts
As bad as it sounds this will probably go 50/50 fault, you have her address make her life hell.
My mates youngest daughter (past her test 3wks ago) was sat at a roundabout junction & some old chap came screaming down (way too fast) caught her front end spun her 360 left her on the other side of the rd shaking, he gets out starts mouthing off & threatening her, (police turn up he's suddenly got chest pains & an ambulance called)
The result of the claim 50/50 witness behind her just drove off, the police said to my mate they know he's pulling one but it's his word against hers.
His insurance paid him out & they're still fighting who's too blame but he's been told will go 50/50, im afraid it can go on for mths & mths until they get bored, gone are the days when you just hold your hands up
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 20th March 2014, 22:41
regrets his username

Also markerstudy say not to contact them go through your broker which you did, I wouldn't contact the woman it can make things worse
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 20th March 2014, 23:35
Supporter

Your excess if in your documents, you should know what you pay BEFORE you sign up to insurance.

Get them to send it wherever they like... don't pay £250 for a local garage... that sounds OPTIONAL, so just get them to sort if for the excess in our insurance document!
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 21st March 2014, 00:02
Supporter

Car: Type-R GT Milano Red
As you reported to your broker (Adrian flux) they should have done the relevant notification to markersturdy on your behalf so that part of the excess is non sence - I would be raising that with them and making sure that if they didn't follow procedure that the insurance ombudsman get notified.

Part of the going through a broker. Scenario is they sell the service based on if there is an accident they are there to process and handle the claim etc
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 21st March 2014, 01:15
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: 2009 Championship White FN2
Thanked 1,528 Times in 1,107 Posts
Eco display
Sorry to hear about this fella. Like has been said though, without witnesses it will go 50/50 as it is your word against hers. Her insurance have probably advised her of this and that's why she's now claiming something that didn't happen.

On my last two renewals I specifically specified that I didn't want Markerstudy as the underwriters as unfortunately, yours isn't the first example I've heard of them being shoddy.

As has been said though, this is on Flux as you informed them straight away through their claims process. How your car hasn't been collected for repair yet is beyond me.

Hope you get this sorted soon.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 21st March 2014, 01:32
Supporter

Car: Dc5 Arctic blue
This is one of the reasons I bought a dash cam!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 21st March 2014, 03:56
Supporter

Car: 07' Milano Red Civic Type R
Shouldve rung the police as soon as the incident happened, feel sorry for you mate, I had to pay £950 excess.. stupid I know but I just wanted my car back on the road..
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 21st March 2014, 08:03
Supporter

Accident help

Quote:
Originally Posted by YL91 View Post
Shouldve rung the police as soon as the incident happened, feel sorry for you mate, I had to pay £950 excess.. stupid I know but I just wanted my car back on the road..

Police are not interested unless there has been a serious injury unfortunately. Some times people will just chance it and give a different version of events but in situations like this it's karma and she will get her share come back her way

Last edited by Warwick1984; 21st March 2014 at 08:06.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 21st March 2014, 08:55
Twisted by the Dark side

Car: 2006 2.2 sport, silver
you should have taken photos of the incident and road layout as evidence for your case.

dash cam would help, people will do anything now a days for a claim.

Dash Cam Video of the Day: This is Why People Have Dash Cams - Cheezburger
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 21st March 2014, 13:50
Supporter

Car: RK13 Civic G9 5dr Blue
Why are you paying someone else to do your car insurance stuff for you?

Do it yourself. It isn't difficult. That way you know it's been done, and never again worry that your insurance weren't informed of the accident within 24hrs.

from what you've stated in your post, it sounds like you're paying extra money to this Adrian Flux guy who's doing absolutely nothing.

Also, to warrick1984, Police should always be told.
When I was involved in an accident, which was a minor bump, not my fault, no injuries (even though that lying bitch claimed for time off due to hospital visit, with no proof or Doctor's note. She seemed fine enough to me when she came up to me afterwards, suppressing a happy dance, to take my details), I sorted it through my insurance and didn't think the police needed to be involved.

The other party did though. I soon had police chasing me up threatening to do me for driving without due care and attention (as I said, it wasn't my fault!). I sent back a letter giving my side of the story and a few weeks later got a letter back from the police saying they've dropped it and will take no further action.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 21st March 2014, 15:11
Innuendo Queen

Car: 2010 DSB 2.2 CDTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-R6 View Post
I'm with Adrian Flux(a broker)
They went through everything and said yes this is her fault I'll get it sorted put me through to there claims company called URL.
They said u claim through us you pay your excess and then we get it back later on or use AI claims they take all the risk blah blah blah.

Spoke to AI they said weal sort it.
I rang adrian flux, URL and AI everyday to get an update till I rang AI on Monday and they said they carnt get in touch with her insuranve(coop) so there not taking on the claim.

So back to URL. Again I'm now raining adrian flux and URL and on Wednesday URL said they got in touch with her insurance there not accepting liability as it was me that changed lanes and crashed into her(all lies obviously)

So I said pisss off and wend back to adrian flux. Who said I'll put you through to your actual insurance company Markerstudy.

So I'm speaking to them my excess is 450 and they said this is the first they heard about this accident and it's in the small print I shuda told them within 24hours(I told adrian flux who organised my insurance and who I paid)

And. Ecause of this there is an additional 250 excess.

I said fine I need my car fixing.
When we got through everything I said I want to go to a local repaire garage (chartwells at Derby)
And they said fine there is another 250 pound excess and I have to pay the difference for any above local average prices.

Hi Graham,

Coupla points. First of all, as others have said, Adrian Flux should be sorting ths for you. Your agreement is with them and it's to them - as you state - that you pays your premium. They should be sorting it out.

If they try the line again 'we can't get through to her insurance company' or 'they say it's your fault' 'so we're not taking it on' then tell them you're terminating the call immediately and calling the insurance ombudsman. This is nonsense, and you pay your premium for them to do exactly these things (i.e., to keep on trying to get in touch with her insurance, until they get it sorted, and to take on the case, and not to accept it's your fault on the say-so of the other party's insurance company - after all, they're bound to say that aren't they? As Adrian Flux should be making quite clear to her insurance company also).

Also, what's all this about another two charges for excess? Adrian Flux should be sorting this out, so Markerstudy's extra excess should be irrelevant (if it's applicable, it's for Adrian Flux to pay, since the late notice is their problem) and the excess for using a garage of your choice is at best a scam and at worst illegal - as it's your right to choose where your car is fixed. This in itself I'd be reporting to the ombudsman as it sounds extremely dodgy.

I've only paid an excess myself out of my own pocket up front where I'm accepting responsibility - you don't pay the excess if the other party is held to be at fault.

Hope this helps and that you get things sorted. When you renew - go with another insurer!!!
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 21st March 2014, 17:17
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basinga View Post
Why are you paying someone else to do your car insurance stuff for you?

Do it yourself. It isn't difficult. That way you know it's been done, and never again worry that your insurance weren't informed of the accident within 24hrs.

from what you've stated in your post, it sounds like you're paying extra money to this Adrian Flux guy who's doing absolutely nothing.

Also, to warrick1984, Police should always be told.

When I was involved in an accident, which was a minor bump, not my fault, no injuries (even though that lying bitch claimed for time off due to hospital visit, with no proof or Doctor's note. She seemed fine enough to me when she came up to me afterwards, suppressing a happy dance, to take my details), I sorted it through my insurance and didn't think the police needed to be involved.

The other party did though. I soon had police chasing me up threatening to do me for driving without due care and attention (as I said, it wasn't my fault!). I sent back a letter giving my side of the story and a few weeks later got a letter back from the police saying they've dropped it and will take no further action.

Adrian flux is an insurance brokerage company.

Re the police side if thing my point was if you call the police there and then at the scene of the accident they won't attend unless someone is injured.
If the police were informed and had to follow up every minor rta.... Well we already know
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 21st March 2014, 22:08
regrets his username

Police attended mine & after breathalising everyone they just wanted the rd cleared, no statements either they basically listened & said swap details, same happened with my mates daughter they're there to get traffic flowing as soon as possible
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 21st March 2014, 22:57
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basinga View Post

I'm not sure doing it yourself is possible.... there's few insurances companies you can go to direct, you nearly always go via a Broker.

Most underwriters do not deal direct.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2014, 09:54 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quick update. I spoke to adrian flux and as said above told them to sort it for me.

I said I carnt pay the excess so they need to fight my case . The guy was Actualy helpful and said they are fighting for me and believe my side of events.

But as there's no proof or witnesses it is Adrian fluxes selicitors that will now take legal action against her and her insurance.

I told him I'm gona fight this to the death as I'm being honest and an innocent party. And that I'll go to court etc.

He said we don't wan do that as the courts would go 50/50.

So now as it's with solicitors it could take months.

They said I can ring this women and ask her to stop lying but to be tactical. He said don't get angry n say things to make it worse.

So I'm gona ring her later.

Thanks

Graham

If anyone wants any advice. Don't bother with insurance.

The fines are cheaper than the excess' sand premiums.

Last edited by Type-R6; 22nd March 2014 at 09:56.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2014, 11:19
Supporter

Car: 2008 Type R GT
Get caught twice and your banned

Civinfo > All Civics > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page