Almost there - a few queries. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th October 2006, 00:22 Thread Starter

Almost there - a few queries.

Folks - think I have almost got my 2.2 sport.on a 55 plate 2006. Alabaster Silver for only 2k to change swap my Seat Leon FR TDI 2005, That makes my trade in 13.3k. I think its a good deal.

I have a few questions:
  1. Been offered GAP insurance at 395 quid - do I really need this. Did a search and few online companies out there can do it for about half this price.
  2. How much are an 18in alloy upgrade.
  3. What mileage should I expect to get with a mixture of mainly dual carriageway - 15 miles and some C class roads - 6 miles.
  4. How much are Hondas child seats - from 0+
  5. What other mods do you think I should contemplate - must be relatively inexpensive.
  6. Any idea what Honda finance is like - looking at 2k over 24-36 months.
  7. It has 3.5k miles on it and Honda have agreed to do a free 1st year service - how much does this save me?
Sorry to be a pain.
Hope you can help.

Regards
Wil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th October 2006, 00:51
Supporter

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
I'll start!
Been offered GAP insurance at 395 quid - do I really need this. Did a search and few online companies out there can do it for about half this price.
I have never bothered with GAP, if I write the car off, then I'd be happy with an equivalent car.

How much are an 18in alloy upgrade.
As the car is used, best going for aftermarket at about 800 + tyres. But this may make the ride a bit choppy, and may reduce directional stability under power (if these things are important to you).

What mileage should I expect to get with a mixture of mainly dual carriageway - 15 miles and some C class roads - 6 miles.
Depends how you drive, more than the roads. If you waft along, then 50 mpg. If you drive like a nutter, then 43 mpg. Normal is about 47.

How much are Hondas child seats - from 0+
Don't know, but they are just Britax seats with a Honda sticker on. I bought Britax, no doubt cheaper than Honda.

What other mods do you think I should contemplate - must be relatively inexpensive.
Auto door locks. Free.

Any idea what Honda finance is like - looking at 2k over 24-36 months.
It has 3.5k miles on it and Honda have agreed to do a free 1st year service - how much does this save me?
Sorry, not my field!

You can get more info on all of these subjects by doing a quick search. For example a quick search for Britax gives this:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=britax

Hope this helps!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th October 2006, 01:54
Supporter

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post
I'll start!
me next then
Been offered GAP insurance at 395 quid - do I really need this. Did a search and few online companies out there can do it for about half this price.
I have never bothered with GAP, if I write the car off, then I'd be happy with an equivalent car.
My understanding is that GAP is there to cover the difference between what your car was worth, and an equivalent replacement if your car is a total loss claim. How many cars have you had either stolen or completly written off? I don't know that there is anything special about the Honda GAP - but I didn't check closely as I (personally) wouldn't bother with GAP.

How much are an 18in alloy upgrade.
As the car is used, best going for aftermarket at about 800 + tyres. But this may make the ride a bit choppy, and may reduce directional stability under power (if these things are important to you).
again, personally, I love the 18" wheels, and I'm more than happy with the ride. Check out the gallery section and the 'wheel and tyre' section for some alternatives to the standard Honda options

What mileage should I expect to get with a mixture of mainly dual carriageway - 15 miles and some C class roads - 6 miles.
Depends how you drive, more than the roads. If you waft along, then 50 mpg. If you drive like a nutter, then 43 mpg. Normal is about 47.
sounds much like my commute - 45mpg

How much are Hondas child seats - from 0+
Don't know, but they are just Britax seats with a Honda sticker on. I bought Britax, no doubt cheaper than Honda.
not sure here sorry - my lads are a fair bit older.

What other mods do you think I should contemplate - must be relatively inexpensive.
Auto door locks. Free.
Infinity speaker upgrade - 60 (see for sale for ebay link) and How To section for details on how to (see the connection there? Pottsy is clever like that ) fit them

Any idea what Honda finance is like - looking at 2k over 24-36 months.
don't know what APR Honda are using, but shop around for the best deal - and see if the dlr will negotiate for cash (ie bank loan)
bear in mind that the dlr makes money from selling the finance as well as from selling the car itself.
But then, that's how a bank makes money too.

It has 3.5k miles on it and Honda have agreed to do a free 1st year service - how much does this save me?
Sorry, not my field!
sorry, not got to the 1st service yet!

You can get more info on all of these subjects by doing a quick search. For example a quick search for Britax gives this:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=britax

Hope this helps!
ditto

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th October 2006, 08:57
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to basegreen
If you need to finance 2K over a couple of years, get a loan from Northern Rock (5.7%), or get a CapitalONE or Nationwide credit card which does 0% transfers and purchases (so either use an existing card and move it, or pay 2K on new card). For that small amount, Honda finance (or even the dealers finance) will be FAR more expensive than those options. Ask the dealer how low they can get a loan APR, I bet it doesnt even come close to 5.7%.

GAP insurance is about 180 or so online - if you want it, get that one.

First Service on the Civic is around 190 or so I think, so pretty good to get it thrown in!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Last edited by basegreen; 24th October 2006 at 09:00.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th October 2006, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by willisthm View Post
  1. What other mods do you think I should contemplate - must be relatively inexpensive.
My main regret is not ordering parking sensors due to the rear visbility. You do get used to it, but would still be money well spent.

There are some threads on the forum with some good suggestions. There is a new product for about 80 that is a strip that fastens behind the bumper rather than having to drill it, which is cool
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th October 2006, 11:40
Banned

You can still get the sensors fitted by your dealer.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th October 2006, 12:01
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to basegreen
My dealer recommended a third party company.

Civinfo > All Civics > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page